User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Had planned to go to WM today after already having been yesterday. I wanted to pick up some Kashi bars and needed a couple other things.
    Christie's Crispers are on sale for $1!!! I hadn't seen them in the flyer and hadn't planned to get any but when I saw the hugh display in a center aisle today I had to get a couple! They are regular $2.27; I saw a woman pick some up...she must have had 20 in her cart!

Here's what I got:
    8 Glade SOC tins: PM $2.97 - 8x$4 coup = -$5.15
    2 Glade PlugIns: PM $2.97 - 2x$3 coup = $0.71
    1 Kashi bars: PM $2.67 = $3.02
    2 Dare cookies 350g on sale $1.66 = $3.32
    2 Chrispers on sale $1 = $2.26
    1 SwissMiss hot choc clearance $1 = $1
    My final total was $10.56 vs $43.16 (pre-coupon).
    That being said, I thought my total was a bit more than what I expected (i had calculated the total for my list bofore going shopping) and since I picked up the extra items I figured I'd get more SOC tins to take advantage of the fact I'd get some money back to use toward my balance. I did a quick count as I walked to the car and just attributed the high total to taxes.
    I got home and had a closer look at my receipt and the cashier entered my Glade PlugIns coupon as $0.30 instead of $3!?
    So my gut feeling was right; I really should have only paid $5.16 (that's less than what the cookies and Kashi bars would have cost if I had gotten only those 3 items!!).

Do you think I can go to CS and point out the error (though I won't be going there til sometime next week)?? I have an extra coupon I could show them if they needed to see one?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Phone them today and explain first. They'll prob be fine with it but just in case they can always look in the till at the coupon. Make sure you write down the name of the person you talked to as well.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I had the same problem at WM last night - I had three $5 coupons for Glade Sense & Spray and the cashier rang them in as $0.50 each. I was busy unloading my shopping cart at that time so I didn't notice the incorrect coupon amount until I was walking to the car. I went back to Customer Service and they had to get a CSM and had them get the coupons from the cashier I went through before they would refund me my money. It took a while but I got my $4.50 back for each coupon.

I would phone today because they will probably want to verify that the coupon is in the till before they refund you the value of the coupon. If you wait until next week when you are in the store I don't know how easy it will be to get your money back.

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

wow something must be going on LMAO because my cashier tried to enter my glade $5 coupon as .50 today too and another cashier was standing behind her and let her know it was $5 not .50
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

what flyer did you use to PM the glade stuff??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you very much ladies!!
    I just called WM on your advice and the CS cashier was great. She just took the info (til #, cashier #, time of transaction) and told me they'd retrieve the details in the computer system and all I had to do was stop by on Monday or later and pick up my money!
    So now I can officially brag about my savings!!!!
    Total (at regular price) $66.71
    Total (including sale prices) $43.16
    Total (including sale prices and coupons) $5.16 for a savings of $61.55 or abt 92%

Oh and by the way, all those Glade SOC tins I'm getting, they'll be used as gifts/stocking stuffers and passed on to the women's shelter. So they help pay for my Kashi bars/cookies and will be donated...pretty sweet deal.
    Last edited by frugal_gal; Sat, May 2nd, 2009 at 07:49 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Thumbs up-sweet deals.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

My goodness you certainly got some good deals, congrats. Its nice that you support the shelters as well, as they do so much good.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by leila2000 View Post
    what flyer did you use to PM the glade stuff??
    The Rexall/PharmaPlus flyer has the Glade SOC tins on for $2.99 and WM will match the price less 2 cents so they come to $2.97 (with taxes $3.36).

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you.....no rexall around here

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal_gal View Post
    Thank you very much ladies!!
    I just called WM on your advice and the CS cashier was great. She just took the info (til #, cashier #, time of transaction) and told me they'd retrieve the details in the computer system and all I had to do was stop by on Monday or later and pick up my money!
    So now I can officially brag about my savings!!!!
    Total (at regular price) $66.71
    Total (including sale prices) $43.16
    Total (including sale prices and coupons) $5.16 for a savings of $61.55 or abt 92%

Oh and by the way, all those Glade SOC tins I'm getting, they'll be used as gifts/stocking stuffers and passed on to the women's shelter. So they help pay for my Kashi bars/cookies and will be donated...pretty sweet deal.
    So glad to hear they were so helpful!

And kudos to you for the donations to the shelter....I love to hear so many SC'ers donating their savings on to those in need.

Thread Information