User Tag List

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Expired
    Nothing outstanding in the name brand AirMiles promotions this week except possible Colgate toothpaste:

Buy 12 @ $2 each ($24) and get 100 AMs (approx. $12)

So the effective price is $1 per tube but I don't see a great advantage there over sale prices elsewhere.

Last week's Buy 5 House Brands Get 50 AMs still stands (see my April 25th post).

This week however they do have the Spring AirMiles Coupon Offers on. On this promo they have around 50 name brands. Buying 2 of each earns bonus AMs (on high priced items usually you only have to buy 1). These offers usually earn 10 - 50 AMs each. If you buy 5 different offers you earn a bonus 50 AMs ($6). I find the prices on these items to generally not be very competitive compared to other stores. HOWEVER!

This Tuesday is "Spend $35 or more and get either 10% off or 10 times the base AMs". (Trust me taking the 10% off is the better deal than the 10Xs AMs). If you can combine that with the We Care coupons you can knock the price down more than 10% and get better value.

Also note: The Proctor and Gamble coupon book ($70) is in today's newspaper. Luckily, living in a condo I'll get about 10 books. P& G usually follows with AM promos at Safeway soon after these books come out. Great value.

OB

Good Hunting To All!
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Safeway, Spring Shoes

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Re: Trust Me

Base AirMiles at Safeway is 1AM/$20 spent.

So on $35 spent you'd earn the equivalent of 1.75 AMs. Taking the 10Xs offer would get 17.5 AMs. At approx $0.12/AM that's a value of $2.10 .

10% off of $35 is $3.50 which 67% better than $2.10.

So you're far better off taking the 10% off.

OB

Good Hunting To All!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just thought I'd mention one of the better choices in the Spring coupon book:

Charmin bathroom tissue 16 Dbl or 32 single.

Zellers has it for $7.97 this week.

Safeway has it $9.99 ($2.02 more) but if you buy 2 there's a 50AM bonus (approx. $6 value or $3/item)

Buy on Tuesday as part of a $35+ purchase and save 10%. So it's now $8.99 (still $1.02 more than Zellers).

Use a $2 "We Care" coupon and you'll knock a bit more than 5% more off so let's say we're at $8.49 now. That's still $0.52 more than Zellers, however buying two you got 25 bonus AMs on each. Subtract 5 AMs to cover the $0.52 difference and you're still 20 AMs ahead or 40 on both and you've effectively saved $4.80 (40 x $0.12/AM) on purchases elsewhere.

Buy as part of the Buy 5 different brands of the Spring Special offerings get 50s AM bonus and as 1/5 of the purchase you've added an extra 10 AMs (50/5) to that particular purchase for another $1.20 savings elsewhere. Add the two together $4.80 + $1.20 = $6.00 and you've gained $3.00 edge elsewhere on each item ($6/2 items).

You paid $8.49 but effectively you've paid $5.49.

OB

Good Hunting To All!

Thread Information