User Tag List

Thread: TMX Elmo

jimmycanuck
    Anybody out there happen ot have the inside track on this TMX Elmo mystery?

For those of you that don't know, TMX Elmo is a new Elmo doll coming out Sept 19th to commerorate the 10th anniversary of Tickle-Me Elmo (hence TMX - Tickle Me 10.)

That's all we know, and the marketing behind this is all about some sort of big secret regarding the doll.. Just take a look;

This is the pic they keep using to promote it.. What's the big secret?? Anybody know? Anybody willing to speculate?

(I know - I'm a grown man asking about an Elmo doll - but I have a daughter that'll be turning 2 this December whose favourite word just happens to be Elmo, so I've got a reason to be curious.)
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com

Julie Andrews
    My son is 2, and his fav thing right now is Elmomo (that's how it sounds when he says elmo; meemo is the word he uses to say Nemo)

I have no clue what the big secret it... and if it weren't for my son, I wouldn't even care. But, he has Aunts who will buy him the Elmomo doll for him.

By the way- is Elmo a boy monster or a girl monster?
    Do you know?

jimmycanuck
    Boy. Elmo's as male name. I think there's a lot of refrence to Elmo as "him" and "he" in a lot of the books.

Julie Andrews
    Thanks.
    Elmo must be at that stage where the mannerisms haven't been influenced by gender yet.

jimmycanuck
    It's funny - I was just watching the previews for other Elmo DVD's on an Elmo DVD we own, and on it is one where Elmo flashes back to his parents in the delivery room and the nurse does in fact say "It's a boy." lol.. Indisputable evidence. Isn't it awful that I felt the need to cite specific references to support my claims about Elmo's gender?? I really need a hobby.

Julie Andrews
    ROFL!!
    I can recite the words to Aristocats, Lion King, Lion King 1 1/2, Shrek, Shrek 2 & Finding Nemo.
    I think I need a hobby too.

Thread Information