User Tag List

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I started off buying these for my son, since he's such a fussy breakfast eater. I figured I'd give them a try and see (since he loves french toast so much). Plus I have to admit, I think PC brand tastes better than a lot of name brand stuff out there!

It comes with 32 french toast sticks (or 8 slices of bread - cut into 4 strips). Zehrs sells these for around $2.29 (but usually can get them on sale at no frills). Kelloggs does sell a similar brand, but they're not as good as these IMHO. I think the fact that they have a hint of maple syrup in them is why my son and I love them so much (besides I can't imagine the mess if I put some maple syrup on these!!!! )

Per 2 Slices (of bread):

200 Calories
    5g of fat
    320mg of sodium
    34g of carbs
    No trans fats

They're simple to throw in the toaster when I first get up, and that's what I love about them. I also love the sizing of the sticks, perfect for his little hands. And they come out soft and tasty.

In all I'd give them 4/5 because there's no coupons around for them But for taste itself I'd give 5/5!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Kellogg's, No Frills, Zehrs
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

kids luv finger foods. when i worked at burger king we had french toast sticks. they were very popular. when he gets older u can give him a small container to dip his sticks in and when the syrup is gone, IT'S GONE! u can control it and it don't soak in and they're wondering if you gave them any.

do you still have the box? i am wondering what the nutritional value is? because mini chefs are marketed towards the picky eater while trying to get some food value into them

will you be my friend? please? http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298463

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by NSangel View Post
    kids luv finger foods. when i worked at burger king we had french toast sticks. they were very popular. when he gets older u can give him a small container to dip his sticks in and when the syrup is gone, IT'S GONE! u can control it and it don't soak in and they're wondering if you gave them any.

do you still have the box? i am wondering what the nutritional value is? because mini chefs are marketed towards the picky eater while trying to get some food value into them
    oh ya when he's older he can have syrup...for now, everything still get shoved off the highchair and cleaning syrup will not be a fun time LMAO Especially on my new area rug!!!

The nutritional value says

2g of fibre (8% for the day)
    4g protein
    10g sugars
    10% of their daily iron
    6% of their calcium

Says it was given a thumbs up by nutritionists

I love mini chefs for him, he just adores them, and I figure if he's adoring it and he's eating (i have a somewhat picky eater) I'm all for it!!
    Last edited by ex0ticb3lla; Wed, Mar 25th, 2009 at 11:44 AM.
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    10g sugars

That's pretty good. A jar of Heinz bananas and mandarin oranges has 19g.

Thread Information