User Tag List

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trade rates for stamps, bundles, sdm & gc

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Expired
    I want to start this thread to help out all those that are not sure what the value of their coupons may be. I found this a tough thing when I first started and I have explained it to a few newbies also. please fell free to add to it or "challenge" nicely anything.

TYPES OF COUPON TRADES
    --$ for $ is just that.This is where the total dollar amount(value) of the coupons you send out matches the dollar amount (value) of the coupons you get in return. If you send $10.50 in coupons you will get back $10.50 in coupons in the trade. --Give or take a little.
    --coupon for coupon is where you trade the # of coupons for the same number of coupons in return. If you trade 6 coupons then you should get 6 coupons back.
    --bundle trade, someone offers a "bundle" of coupons, usually predetermined and sets a trade amount for that bundle. It could be SDM ( Shoppers Drug Mart) points, a GC (gift card) stamps or coupons that they are looking for. If you agree to trade for a bundle you usually are agreeing to the asking trade price for that bundle. In some cases you may be able to choose coupons off a list to make your own bundle up.
    --ROAK (random act of kindness) one SC'er (or more) doing something nice for another. Sending something off a wish list, giving a free bundle out, sending a book of stamps etc. This is doing something for someone else expecting nothing in return. Often anonymously.

Rates for trade
    STAMPs
    For every
    $10 in coupons = 2 stamps
    for every $5 in coupons after $10 = 1 stamp
    BOGO's = 1 stamp each
    FPC(free product coupons)= 2 or 3 stamps each
    VH FPC (free product coupons)= 4 stamps

BUNDLES
    $10 GC (gift card) should have APPROX
    4 FPC with total value around $10
    4 HV including BOGO's and other Buy...get.. coupons
    rare coupons
    and filler coupons.

$5.00 GC/ Book of stamps
    2 FPC with a total around $5
    2 HV including BOGO's and other Buy...get.. coupons
    rare coupons
    and filler coupons.

SDM(shoppers drug mart) POINTS
    MOST people agree with 50 sdm pts/$1 value
    FPC..about 400sdm points / $1 value..rare fpc's are exceptions of course
    AND
    25-50 SDM points per $1 for regular coupons.
    75 points for HV per $ worth.
    100 points for FPC's per $ worth.

NOTE TO NEWBIES- in some cases you may be asked to send your side of a trade ahead first and when the trade arrives your half will be sent to you. THIS IS NOT TO BE RUDE OR TO IMPLY THAT YOU CAN NOT BE TRUSTED. This is because some people at SC have been"cheated" out of their end of a trade and lost valuable coupons or money (ie GC's). If you are just starting out, expect that you may have to prove you can be trusted to hold your end of a trade up. Sooner than you realize you will be helping out a "newbie" with their First trade.

This is only a guideline. NOT THE RULES. There have been a few wonderful people at SC who have helped me with this type of thing and hopefully this can help someone else. PLEASE ADD TO THIS THREAD, lets help each other out.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by big-red-dog#2; Fri, Jun 5th, 2009 at 03:29 PM.
    improperganda likes this.

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

I have always traded 25-50 SDM points per $1 for regular coupons. 75 points for HV per $ worth. 100 points for FPC's per $ worth. Not sure if they are the right or wrong amounts, but it has worked for me.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

I have always count stamps in such way:
    $10 in coupons - 2 stamps. As I know almost everyone counts like that....

Trading Score
    154 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NikyK View Post
    I have always count stamps in such way:
    $10 in coupons - 2 stamps. As I know almost everyone counts like that....

ya..thats wat i always do! i don't think HV = 1 stamp tho...it really depends wat type of high value and how much its worth..

as for sdm points...MOST people agree with 50 sdm pts/$1 value, and for FPC..about 400sdm points / $1 value..rare fpc's are exceptions of course

its honestly really hard to have a set value rate..some people find it too high..some find it too low..
    i don't think there really should be a set rate for trade...of course it would be easier for people to follow, but its just really hard..some coupons are more rare than others..some more popular..etc..

when i'm trading with newbies or others that haven't really traded before..i always let them know what i am asking for and ask if they agree with it..if not we can always work something out etc
    Last edited by miniv; Fri, Jun 5th, 2009 at 12:46 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    88 (99%)

Thanks for explaining - I'm new to trading and find it confusing!!

Kit

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Thanks for the input all.I did hit "3" instead of "2" for $10 in coupons. Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know the SDM points rate so thanks for that info also.

Trading Score
    164 (100%)

Thanks for posting this big-red-dog#2! I, too, have had some inconsistent trades as a result of not knowing what I need to offer toget what coupons I need. I collect coupons, but up until recently, haven't had lots to trade.

One question I do have to ask that is not covered here, is what $ amount of coupons = what amount of GC?

Can anyone give any examples or ratios on bundles?

Thanks so much for this helpful thread. Maybe somebody should sticky this?
    Last edited by eriluo; Fri, Jun 5th, 2009 at 03:49 PM.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

As a newbie I trade SDM points for coupons quite a bit. To start, I looked at people's bundles and added up the $ amount of the coupons and divided it by the amount of SDM points they were asking for. (Also a good equation to help know what they would expect in an offer). The person I decided to trade with had the best selection and averaged out at 35 SDM pts. per $1.00.

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

B1G1's are one stamp?

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

I'd be interested in the value of Areoplan points. For example the Quaker /Tropicana promotions. Just curious to other people's opinions. I know what I have done in the past.
    CentrallyCalm has sent out 28 trains!...whoo hoo! Teaching Newbie Coupon Classes! Let me know if you'd like to come to a class, in person, face to face; with real handout reference & teaching materials... it's the only class quite like it! PM for details & areas where I will teach!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

I think Folks we can't make any "Fixed Rates" when trading FPC, unfortunately, especially in stamps...
    VH FPC (free product coupons)= 4 stamps
    Sorry, but there are absolutely different HV (High Value) FPCs....for example, J&J replacement product coupon... I don't think anyone will trade it for 4 stamps...
    The same situation with bundles:
    BUNDLES
    $10 GC (gift card) should have APPROX
    4 FPC with total value around $10
    4 HV including BOGO's and other Buy...get.. coupons
    rare coupons
    and filler coupons.
    Sorry one more time...but most of FPC has a value at least $4-5, so, 4 FPCs rarely could be around $10 Value, usually much more than $10....
    The same with SDM points, I agree, 50-75 for regular value, 75-100 for HV. With FPC...it's the problem all the time...400 SDM points for $1 of FPC... OK, example,
    LaCoupe FPC (up to 10.99$) - so, 10.99x400=4396 points Will someone offer you so much?
    Thus FPC, everyone counts according to his or her opinion what is fair enough and not as absurdly too much as in the example above...

Last edited by NikyK; Fri, Jun 5th, 2009 at 05:04 PM.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

[quote=eriluo;999959]

One question I do have to ask that is not covered here, is what $ amount of coupons = what amount of GC?

quote]

Personally I offer $100+ in coupons (no Cash for kids USUALLY, and few to no Save.ca, and not any printed ones, rare for doubles, decent expiry, not "unwanted" coupons (the ones people don't really want, I send ones that the person can use or trade easily)

Exchange is $5 GC from the Newbie (usually Subway) for $100+ (and I mean over $100 even up to $160!) The cost of postage is usually $1.18 to $1.96. Plus trading, gathering etc... so it's not "profit" but it works out very favourable for the newcomer.

I have had Newbies PM me back with gratitude that they are saving so much money from their trade with me, that they think it was very fair and a great kick start. That makes me feel good when I can see the coupons in the marketplace being used to save money and make people happy and be very happy with a trade like that.

Now that is what I offer a Newbie. I would offer that to anyone that wanted one... wouldn't change the value. The reason I say Newbies, is because by the time you've been around here trading for a bit, you have a stock pile of coupons and don't usually need a boost like that. I would definately not turn anyone away (when I have enough to send).
    CentrallyCalm has sent out 28 trains!...whoo hoo! Teaching Newbie Coupon Classes! Let me know if you'd like to come to a class, in person, face to face; with real handout reference & teaching materials... it's the only class quite like it! PM for details & areas where I will teach!

Trading Score
    215 (100%)

just trade what you think is FAIR
    I make my bundles with fpc's and try to go over the 10$ value and add lots of good high values

I really dont know what the sdm rate should be for coupons,especially icoke pins
    Want free giftcards? Use Swagbucks Like Google and Earn Gift cards!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/SaiyenBlood

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I generally like to give more for less Don't really like to rip off nice people, just my older brother, lmao. A good way for first trade rep. is to host a contest and give out a prize and ask for positive feedback after the winner gets it. I did this, though I got my first reps. from other trades (never got rep. from contests, but that's because I never asked)
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I have a question related to this. Can you tell me what would be a fair amount of SDM points for store coupons.

For example, I recently traded a 45 off 100 Old Navy Coupon.

I also have $50 off $100 Value Village coupon.

I really have no idea what SDM points to ask.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information