User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Expired
    We are selling out current home with all the kitchen appliances and our washer/dryer. I am in the market for all new appliances for our new home, which is currently under construction. Does anyone have advice on how or where to get the best deal? Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I've read some bad things about Sears on here, but I had a good experience buying my washer, dryer and fridge from them. Salesperson was knowledgable and friendly, delivery was a flat fee for all three, and the delivery guys removed my front door to get the fridge in, no problem at all.

My fridge is the kind that has a pull-out freezer drawer in the bottom. I LOVE it!

Z

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

here is the reason why ... bought a maytag washer at home depot at a good price but after it broke down for the 4th time in one year ... Maytag said it would replace it .... The replacement had to come up from the states who had no idea where Saskatchewan was and they sent it to Ontario for me to pick it up!! 10 weeks later it showed up in Saskatoon a 4 hour drive to pick it up. SEARS would have price matched and would have taken a model off their floor to replace my lemon machine. There is a sears depot in my town so ... Time wasted 0. Also moved and had to leave my dud machine so checked Consumer magazine. LG rated best but no repair man in my area so went with whirlpool as it was rated #2. Check out any Sears clearance store, we have one in Regina ... awesome prices on appliances. Hope this helps

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Another thing to remember is that sears and futureshop will beat advertized prices by 10% of the difference. We found a great sale price at the brick, took it to sears and they beat it, saving $40. We also saved another $100 with scratch and save and free delivery by paing with our sears card.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Can't tell where you are, but if there is a Bay near you....take a look there. I never even considered them before, but when my stove broke I wandered in there. I got a floor model at an amazing price. The salesman seemed much more willing to negotiate than those at other stores. There was a small dent in the back corner (would be hidden by my cabinets) but I asked for a discount - got it. There was glue on the stove top (from tape, easily removed with nail polish remover) so I asked for a further discount - got it. Since it was a floor model, I wanted assurance it was in working condition, so I asked for a 5 year warranty - got it (for free). Then I remembered that I had $100 in HBC points, so I cashed them in, too. Plus I got HBC points back on the purchase.
    Last edited by mydusty; Thu, Jun 11th, 2009 at 09:45 PM. Reason: spelling error

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

don't forget to check on any manufacturer rebates

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello
    Anyone know of any deals on now in Toronto for appliances?
    We are looking at buying a cook top with a separate oven and even a fridge.
    Any info would be great!

Thread Information