Welcome back Nat! We missed you!

bargainbaby
    Welcome back Nat and Thx Melissa!

bargainbaby
    Good job BC!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Great stuff everyone!!
    Lots of hard workers here on SC to help it all run smoothly!

You are all WONDERFUL!!!

bcteagirl
    Thanks to Ilovemykids and Prue for sending me links to almost 20 reposts to remove... this section is looking cleaner already!

Edit: Things were piling up, so searched Feb, March and April and moved out the expired deals... seems to have brought the page numbers down by a couple lol...
    Last edited by bcteagirl; Fri, May 11th, 2007 at 12:29 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I've been getting several complaints from the moderators about people not listening to instructions. Please let's keep this a nice and friendly place and let's avoid arguments. If a moderator asks you not to post something there's usually a good reason behind the request. It is never for personal reasons.

For instance let's say someone posts a link to some software or website that they think is awesome. Now for some reason be it that the link is offensive or it contains spyware or any other reason a moderator gets dozens of complaints. She/he then removes your post not because they have anything against you but simply because so many people had a problem with it.

I also suggest that if you find something you don't like, try resolving it in a friendly manner with the poster before contacting a moderator. There are only 4 or 5 moderators on here and we'd appreciate it if you didn't overwhelm us with complaints.

Just for your information the moderators are bcteagirl, Julie, roseofblack25, Rebbecca and me. All moderators have full privileges to move posts, delete posts, ban spammers, etc.

Of course spam is a different story. A newbie with 0 posts that posts an unacceptable link or a link to some other shopping website will get banned immediately.

I'm sorry I wasn't around this week... had loads of stuff to do. I'll be back online as usual very soon.

rita heyworth
    Hi Boo,

Great to have you back, and happy birthday (don't remember what day it was, but noticed you are up one year , so happy belated).

Rita

bargainbaby
    I just think that if there is a problem with anything posted it is much better to pm the person instead of writing something negative in the comments which could cause arguments if if makes the person that posted a specific freebie look silly to other SC members. That was my problem where certain things like "fake format" i swear i had no idea what it was............it stated it was a prank and i am honestly somewhat computer illiterate when it comes to stuff like the technical terms.

bcteagirl
    Sorry about that BB but there are a few reasons for that:
    1) Others have said that they tried to PM you but could not: it was *disabled*.
    2) If there are problems with the link others shoud know about it.
    3) Waited for Boos opinion on the sites so it could not be miconstrued.
    5) Others PMed me with similar comments, or even posted them.
    4) Newbies and others learn what is and is not approp.
    5) In the past PMs have been completely ignored (I don't mean anyone specific here).
    I am sorry if you were offended, it was not meant a a 'personal attack'. SC is a friendly place and I suggest we do not over interpret comments. This can be easy to do on the internet, because you cannot see a persons intent or tone. Therefore it would be best not to jump to (negative) conclusions. However if someone posts things that are inapprop. someone (whether myself or others) will mention that.... this is a friendly community where no one will mean it as a personal attack on you but rather a comment on a specific post.

bargainbaby
    Well said BC :>)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information