User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

MONEY-SAVING TIPS FOR PRINTING COUPONS

Don't print the whole webpage where the coupon is. Press "Print Screen" on your keyboard - for laptops it's the "FN" key (next to Ctrl) and "PRT SC" key (top right usually) at the same time. Open Paint, and paste. Then select the coupon only (with the Select tool) and copy again. Then open a Word document file (or something else), and paste. You can put many coupons on one sheet and print them at the same time.

But before you print, select the gray scale or black & white option as to not print in color (more expensive), but if your printer is like mine and you don't have a gray scale option, do what I do: If it can be removed, remove the color cartridge, and print only with the black cartridge. Color or black & white, makes no difference, and it's cheaper.

Also, reuse old sheets of paper with a blank side (with no personal info on them). I reuse sheets from unimportant letters I get in the mail or sheets of paper from work that have already been printed on. By doing that, you save paper, the environment and money!

Hope this helps!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

In my opinion I wouldnt use black&white for printing coupons more likely to get rejected. Also, print screening kills the quality of the coupon when I tried it. I like to cut left over white paper for printing coupons too! Great tip

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks for the hints! It was disturbing me how much paper and ink I was going through.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I guess it might happen that black and white might be refused but it hasn't happened to me yet.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

great tips, i always wondered though why printed coupons in color are more accepted than black and white ones?
    i know pepople say its because they look like they're copied but really how hard is it to find a color copier these days!
    ahh well, thats my little rant of the day, sorry!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! Thanks! I didn't know what the print screen button was for. Actually, I never even noticed it was there. I think I'll be having some fun with that one!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Where I work, we have 2 paper recycling bins - one for used paper and one for GOOS (good on one side) paper that doesn't have any sort of sensitive information on the one used side. As people have gotten on board with the GOOS baskets, the amount of paper we go through has noticeably decreased. I like the tips about the 'print screen'. Hey, every little bit helps!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Everytime Ive tried to use blk and white I get refused. The cashier says its a photocopy

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I guess it depends on nice the black and white is, on a laser printer it doesn't look photocopied at all. I avoid printed coupons altogether if I can. And I get my bf to print them off at work for me.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

print screening usually downgrades the quality for me. What I do (and it might be useful for others) is I print it to pdf. If you have adobe pdf, and can print, it will save it as a pdf. Open the pdf file, then save as jpeg, or whatever format you use for pictures. Then you can put it in paint or photoshop...whatever you use, and crop to just the coupon you need. Saves in quality, paper and ink. And of course, you can print as many as you like from it. I did that like 1/2 a year ago when spc card members could get free angus burgers with a coupon. Fit around four on a page and went whenever i passed a harvey's. It's great for those site that onyl let you print once too. Hope this helps as well.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

minimusiclover: Thanks for the tip! I'll try it out!

I guess the black & white prints need to be nice looking enough, as to not look like a photocopy. It's weird, because I was going to use a coupon for ALDO, yesterday, and they were going to take it, but then they saw that it couldn't be combined with other promotions or sales. My printer is running out oif ink, and the coupon looked really pale and they were going to take it. I guess it depends where you go.

fanofearl<script type="text/javascript">vbmenu_register("postmenu_1096543", true);</script><!-- Man Gender-->: GOOS basket is an awesome idea! There is a department at work that prints a lot (they tell me they don't have a choice). Everyday I'm over there, looking through their bin, taking paper out that is GOOS. I put it in my printer, use for notes at work, some I take home (and like you, I make sure there is no sensitive info on them), or give to other departments. Our department hasn't used new blank paper in months.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    757 (100%)

thanks for the tip!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Great tips! TY!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by smartshopper888 View Post
    thanks for the tip!