User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I believe Dove has discontinued the Pro-Age line (maybe not everything), which is why it is showing up at Dollarama (for $2 -ffs!)

Pro-Age Night Cream: comes in a little round jar and has a texture that is lighter and "fluffier" than L'Oreal, Nivea or Olay, but it is still rich and really only for a dry, mature skin. The perfume is sweet and candy-like, which I didn't really like. It left my skin softer but I didn't notice any miracles (though they don't claim any either). Still, for $2, it's a good buy for dry skin if you don't mind the scent (open it and smell it first - I wish I did).

Pro-Age Moisturiser, SPF 15: I checked and the expiry is Sep.2010, so this is safe. The scent is a little fresher but much milder than the night cream, and it doesn't have that chemical sunscreen smell. The texture is lightweight and it absorbs fast, and takes a few minutes for the slightly white cast (it has zinc oxide) to go away. It was much lighter than I expected, no greasy feel at all, but it still left a sheen behind on my skin. I don't think this would be rich enough for dry or mature skin, but young skin will probably like it. The pump bottle makes it impossible to see how much is left inside, but for $2, I am definitely rebuying.

Pro-Age Body Lotion: comes in 2 sizes, a small one with a flip top cap, and a big one with a pump. I bought the big one, but I think they are the same product. The lotion is thinner and more watery than most body lotions - I would describe it as thicker than table cream, but not by much. It will definitely spill out of your hand if you are not careful. It is also sticky to the touch. The labels says the lotion contains 5% lactic acid - which explains it - anytime I use a lotion with glycolic or lactic acid, it is always tacky and slow to absorb. Lac-Hydrin was like glue!!! I used it for about three days and saw a difference in my skin, especially the bumps I get on my upper arms, though I think this takes patience. If you can stand the stickiness, it eventually absorbs and makes the skin smooth and soft. The scent was like the night cream, but milder.
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama, Olay

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Which dollarama did you see these at?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Toronto, Bloor and Yonge - also College Park and Sherbourne St has them too.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

They have them in Sault Ste Marie too.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Thanks for the reviews on them!!! I bought them to put in my SIL & MIL's Christmas baskets My hubby said his mom will probably ask if I think she's old, lol......

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

i found the pro age cleanser at the dollarama by the heartland town centre in mississauga. it doesnt lather very well but still does the job, definitly worth $2.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried this stuff when it first came out. To me it's was just Dove products in a burgendy set of containers. The shampoo and conditioner were great.

It's never the Shampoo & Conditioner in Dollarama, just the lotions and facewash....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like the facial cleanser especially. I have really sensitive skin and this didn't bother me a bit. Ditto for the night cream.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'll have to check the dollarama and see if I can find any Thanks for the tip!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

[quote=BrutallyHonest;1099708]I
    Still, for $2, it's a good buy for dry skin if you don't mind the scent (open it and smell it first - I wish I did).
    Please don't open packages before buying products. Someone will end up with the product that was already opened before. I wouldn't want to be that someone. Thank you for the review.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Could work totally different for you though, that's what stinks about all these products.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have sensitive skin also and the cleanser worked for me, i didn't get that dryness like i would from other cleansers

Thread Information