User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I just found out that I have a cavity that needs to be filled and of course.. I dont have any insurance. Does anyone know where I can get some cheap dental work done in Toronto? I've tried the UOT dental clinic but thet are all booked up.. I need some help here
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think filling a cavity is TERRIBLY expensive... Call a dentist, and explain your dilemma, and ask how you can keep the costs low. Most people/offices can be very helpful and understanding!

And don't forget, most places let you do "payments", to pay off the costs!

I don't know any dentists in the Toronto area... but I know a lot in North Bay... (sorry, probably too far to travel, eh?

For example, do you already KNOW you have a cavity? Do you have xrays of that area, from another dentist/visit? If not, and the cavity is obvious, they will probably fill it without xrays to the surrounding areas (which can keep costs lower)... also, silver filling is cheaper than the white stuff that matches your teeth (although, less attractive)... there are extra costs for polishing, and what bonding they use, etc etc. For example, my insurance covers fillings... but NOT if they use more expensive materials... (I am looking at some stubs of mine now)

However, if you DO have an obvious cavity, that you know about, and DON"T have xrays of your surrounding teeth, you could EASILY have OTHER cavities in other teeth, that may need to be dealt with as well, before THEY cause problems.

Are you having pain in that tooth?

oooh, another option is contacting a college/uni that has dental courses. Sometimes you can have students work on your teeth for WAY less, or free. (I know there is a clinic in Northbay, for example, that does cleanings for free, done by students)

Sorry i can't be of more help!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tks Gilly.. You've given me a couple of ideas to follow through on.. I did try the dental school here but they're all filled up..will call a few dentists in my neighbourhood and see what I can work out.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wish I could be of more assistance... I remember being in your place, years ago when I was first out on my own... (except, I was getting my wisdom teeth out!... ack... those hurt! Then, I had to go BACK in, because they broke my jaw, and shards of bone with sticking out through my gums, and cutting my tongue... so, they had to peel back my gums, and file it down, and reattach the gums.. ick ick ICK... I HATE dentists.. well, not the dentist.. but GOING to the dentist!

Good luck!

Prue
    OMG Gilly....now that's a dental horror story!! OUCH

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OMG that sounds horrid!! I dont mind them too much.. But I hate dealing with fillings

jane_90210
    I'm looking for a Toronto dentist myself. My comapny just gave me full benefits and I'm eager to try them out. I'm not having much luck finding one online, though. I did, however, find a printable coupon for a dentist in Scarborough. It's good for "No money down & no payments for 12 months." I guess if you can't afford the dental work, you can just put off the paying part?

It's for the Dr. Allan Fox Dental Clinic.
    http://www.fabuloussavings.com/html/...p?page_id=3384

It's too far away for me, but maybe you can use it.

Thread Information