User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am in desparate need of help.........I cannot handle the teeth grinding anymore. My husband, God love him, has a serious snoring problem that I can live with, but the grinding is driving me crazy. He won't go to the dentist, I bought him a sport mouthguard, he won't wear it. I don't go to bed until I absolutely have to and when I do, I sleep with a pillow over my head. Please.........please help before my migraines come back.... Even the dog leaves the room when he starts and she liked to sleep on the bed.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    I feel evil !!!!

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Wow. Sorry I don't have much to suggest.

For the short term, maybe earplugs? The soft mushy kind. I got used to wearing hearing aids in both ears and don't even notice them anymore.

For the long term, marriage counseling? If he can't or won't appreciate what a problem this is for you then something's not right. Go by yourself if necessary. Good luck.

ps - I just remembered that a long time friend revealed to me recently that they sleep in separate bedrooms because his snoring got so bad. I bet we'd all be surprised how many couples don't sleep together and are quite happy.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I understand! Some nights my husbands snoring is so bad I think I'm going to go crazy, I actually try to get to sleep before him because if he's asleep before me, it's just awful!
    Luckily it doesn't seem to happen every night.

Maybe if you sleep in the other room for a night or two, it will convince him he has to go to the dentist!
    Good luck!

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ame555 View Post
    Maybe if you sleep in the other room for a night or two, it will convince him he has to go to the dentist!
    Good luck!
    That's what my mom thought and they ended up sleeping in separate beds for years.

I have no advice. I'm dealing with the same battle right now. Earplugs are working for me, however, very shortly we're going to have to come up with a different solution. I need to be able to hear my baby cry when she gets up in the middle of the night after she's born.
    SwagBucks.com - the premiere digital dollar. Earn SwagBucks to redeem for great prizes. Amazon.ca are available here!

LeadPrizes.com - I have redeemed for $6 into my PayPal account in just under two weeks. You can too with this awesome PTC site!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Help!!!!!!! I cannot handle it any longer!!!
    Sorry, the way my mind works I thought you were going to say you had flea's. As for snoring and grinding teeth, I had to put up with my moms snoring forever. I could hear her all the way down the hall. however she was one of the people that could never admit she snored no matter how much evidence she was confronted with. For the grinding teeth, that would be my problem. I seem to do it every once and a while. Usually I more grind the inside of my jaw with my teeth which I have done for years and have never figured out something to stop it so I just try to deal with it.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ame555 View Post
    I understand! Some nights my husbands snoring is so bad I think I'm going to go crazy, I actually try to get to sleep before him because if he's asleep before me, it's just awful!
    Luckily it doesn't seem to happen every night.
    I have to sleep first too. Very hard for me as dh is out in mins and for me it's more like 30mins to an hour before my mind shuts off.

I find if dh sleeps on his back it's 20x worse. Poking him in the ribs will get him to roll on to his side and that helps.

My mom and her dh sleep in separate rooms because of his snoring. They found out he has sleep apnea. Maybe your dh should get checked for it.
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/...ea_WhatIs.html
    Don't forget to click the green up arrow if you like someones post!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

hard teeth grinding harms the tmj, harms the teeth.
    we had a patient, his teeth grinding would slowly crack and break his teeth. even caps would eventually break off.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks to everyone for the support.....I'm starting to like sleeping with the pillow on my head. As for the counseling, I am currently considering going to speak to a social worker...........even if he admitted to the problem it would be a start. Instead he will bring up my occasional snoring, I'm asmatic and have allergies so it does happen from time to time. Admission is the first step to finding an answer.........too bad he has a hard time finding his feet.
    I feel evil !!!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Willy had a bad problem with snoring and grinding his teeth. After he lost 50 pounds, they problem kinda went away.

Is your hubby a larger man?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    Willy had a bad problem with snoring and grinding his teeth. After he lost 50 pounds, they problem kinda went away.

Is your hubby a larger man?
    My husband is a fit 198 lb auto technition. When we first started dating he weighed in at 139 too small for his 6ft 2in frame. I'm thinking it could be stress..........I just wish it would stop.
    I feel evil !!!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I can relate. It drove me crazy too.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    I can relate. It drove me crazy too.
    Thank you.........interested in starting a support group for victims of snoring spouses?
    I feel evil !!!!

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Luckily, I've never heard people grinding their teeth in their sleep. But snoring definitely keeps me up. Either I have to fall asleep first or I have to be extreeeeemely tired to get past the sound.

Good Luck
    Like FREE Gift Cards or PayPal?
    Join SwagBucks to win gift cards just by browsing the Internet or
    win $1 every day at Lead Prizes
    Please PM me after clicking the links above

Trading Score
    164 (100%)

I teeth grind and snore as does DH. I wear a mouth guard made by the dentist which for the most part helps me, however DH does grind his teeth and snore. I am lucky though, that most of the time I do not hear this grinding or snoring as he works nights and I, days, so we avoid each other's annoyances. However, when he does snore and grind, it's mostly because he is sleeping on his back. If you can get a body pillow to help prop him up on his sides, maybe that would help? Or if you can maybe coerce your dentist the next time your hubby is there to indicate he sees "wearing of the teeth from grinding" and that perhaps "he could fit him with an appliance" maybe that would help? My mouth guard is really soft and once it is on, doesn't feel like much. Outside of making him work night shift (works for us!), I don't know what else to suggest Seriously, good luck with it!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

DW tried the nasal strip, worked on and off so I got some earplugs. If you can stand having something in your ears they are worth the price. It may not drown out everything, but it sure helps a lot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information