User Tag List

Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Expired on: Thu, Oct 15th, 2009
    PRIZES AWARDED - Dec 17th

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!

Let's start sending out PRIZES!!

The elves have been busy tallying up the coupon totals, GCs, SDM pts, and gifts mailed from all riders on the train.

I just wanted to say once again....THANK YOU and HUGS...to everyone who opened their hearts, wallets and coupon folders (LOL) to give to others who are in need of the most basic things for Christmas. You are all Christmas Angels!!

There were many non-riders who wanted to give to this cause, and sent RAOKs to Giving-Small...I wish I had prizes for you also! I hope you will get a seat on the train we do next year!!

__________________________________________________ _____________

It is my pleasure to announce the TOP giver.....this person outdid herself with the gifts and coupons she sent to Giving-Small....so a HUGE congratulations goes to....

**~ TAFFY ~**

Honorable mentions have to go to these next two givers who we all know as kind and generous and giving to so many SCers....it won't be a suprise to anyone who has been reading this thread. Congratulations to...

**~ PATTY & LIZZYURB ~**

Rounding up in 4th and 5th place....we are so thankful for everything you donated for the Christmas hampers. Fantastic job and congrats to...

**~ KAY2371 & ERILUO ~**

Congratulations to the next set of riders...in 6th to 10th positions:

~ MARLIBU ~
    ~ LEELEELALA ~
    ~ JEZZEEBELLE ~
    ~ LITTLEMOE ~
    ~ ITSAKEYCHAIN ~

So thankful to all our riders for how awersome and giving they are...and how incredible their giving has helped others:

~ SHOPGIRL ~
    ~ RHIANNON ~
    ~ DAPHNE ~
    ~ HEALINGSAGE ~
    ~ LINNY ~
    ~ CARLYFALLS ~
    ~ DAISYBEAR ~
    ~ ISLANDGIRL ~
    ~ ADERALEM ~
    ~ LITESNSIRENS ~

Thank you once again...you are all Christmas ANGELS!!

I will be messaging each of you in the order above for you to select your prize.
    1. J&J Baby Replacement Coupon
    2. J&J Baby Replacement Coupon
    3. 2x Cineplex Adult Admission
    4. 1x Cineplex Adult Admission
    5. 1x Cineplex Adult Admission
    6. $10 Gas Card
    7. $10 Gas Card
    8. $10 Tim Hortons GC
    9. $10 Starbucks GC
    10. FPC Ferrero Rocher chocolates plus 2x $1 Playtex Manufacturers
    11. FPC Europe's Best Product up to $7.99 plus FPC Old Dutch chips
    12. $5 Colgate/Palmolive plus $5 Ziploc/Saran
    13. $7 Windex/Pledge/Fanastik plus 3x $1 Playtex Manufacturers
    14. 2x $5 Playtex Manufacturers
    15. $5 McDonald's GC plus $5 Playtex Manufacturers
    16. $10 Wii Fit plus FPC Old Dutch chips
    17. $5 Saputo Shredded Mozza Cheese plus $5 Playtex Manufacturers
    18. $5 Saputo Shredded Mozza Cheese plus $5 Playtex Manufacturers
    19. 5,000 SDM Optimum points
    20. 5,000 SDM Optimum points

**Update December 4th**
    Important Notice:

As we are getting closer to Christmas, we will be winding down this train. The last day to mail off envelopes to Giving-Small will be Monday, December 9th.

On December 14th, Giving-Small and I will start handing out prizes.

We have prizes for each and every rider on the train!! Giving-Small and I will determine the top 3 givers and allow them to select which prize they would like. Then we will work through the list of riders, in order of tally calculations, allowing them to select their choice of a prize. The top 3 prizes are valued between $15-$20, and all the other prizes I tried to value at $10 each.

Here are the prizes:
    1. J&J Baby Replacement Coupon
    2. J&J Baby Replacement Coupon
    3. 2x Cineplex Adult Admission
    4. 1x Cineplex Adult Admission
    5. 1x Cineplex Adult Admission
    6. $10 Gas Card
    7. $10 Gas Card
    8. $10 Tim Hortons GC
    9. $10 Starbucks GC
    10. FPC Ferrero Rocher chocolates plus 2x $1 Playtex Manufacturers
    11. FPC Europe's Best Product up to $7.99 plus FPC Old Dutch chips
    12. $5 Colgate/Palmolive plus $5 Ziploc/Saran
    13. $7 Windex/Pledge/Fanastik plus 3x $1 Playtex Manufacturers
    14. 2x $5 Playtex Manufacturers
    15. $5 McDonald's GC plus $5 Playtex Manufacturers
    16. $10 Wii Fit plus FPC Old Dutch chips
    17. $5 Saputo Shredded Mozza Cheese plus $5 Playtex Manufacturers
    18. $5 Saputo Shredded Mozza Cheese plus $5 Playtex Manufacturers
    19. 5,000 SDM Optimum points
    20. 5,000 SDM Optimum points
    Thank you and Good Luck to everyone!

*update Nov 23rd**
    Okie Riders! It's CONTEST TIME!!!

Winner gets to choose from the following:

- $10 Hasbro/Parker Brothers/Milton Bradley game coupon from cereal box
    - $10 Wii Fit coupon from cereal box
    - $10 Museum Pass from cereal box
    - $5 x2 Nintendo cash from cereal box
    - FPC Pom Wonderful, FPC Philadelphia Cream Cheese up to $5.00, plus 2x $1 Dove chocolate.

Contest question

The person who guesses closest without going over wins.

How many seperate envelopes/packages has Giving-Small received as of today (Nov 23) from riders including envies from the platform cheerer-on-ers who were left standing on the platform and didn't get a chance to ride this train but wanted to help out anyway.

Please PM me your guess by Wed Nov 25th 8pm Pacific Time.

Good Luck Everyone!!

Winner gets to choose their prize from one of the following:
    - 5000 SDM Points
    - $5 off any Philidelphia Cream Cheese product (good til March 31/10)
    As you all know, we are helping Giving-Small so she can help others at her local drop in centre, shelter and food bank in PM me your answer by 5pm Pacific Time on Friday Oct 30 to this contest question:</U>

Interesting Factoid - the number of people who used the drop-in doubled from last September to this September.

*Update Oct 17th*
    CONTEST TIME!!!

As of right now, Giving-Small has calculated the coupon amount that she has received so far as $4,116.00!! Can you believe it? That's truly amazing!

The contest is: You need to guess how much the coupon value will be, by Thursday, Oct 22nd at 5pm Pacific Time. The person closest to the value without going over is the winner. You have one guess only. so make it good.

Prize is the winner's choice of one of the following:
    - Glade Sense & Spray FPC
    - 5000 SDM Points
    - $10 Heinz Nurture
    - $5 off any Philidelphia Cream Cheese product (good til March 31/10)
    - FPC for POM Wonderful and 2x $1 Dove Chocolate

Good Luck to ALL!

Who's ready for another CONTEST!!! - See page 8 of posts for hints

You have one guess! If more than 1 person guesses it, then I'll draw names for the winner.

- $10 Heinz Nurture
    *Update Sept 29th*
    OKIE Who's ready for CONTEST TIME!!!

You have until Thursday Oct 1st 8pm Pacific Time to message me with your guess....good luck everyone!

Winner is the closest without going over...you have one guess!

Prize is the winner's choice of one of the following:
    - 5000 SDM Points
    - $10 Heinz Nurture
    - FPC for 2 free Greenworks products (max $8.00 excluding laundry detergent)

Contest Question is:
    How many tubes of toothpaste did they hand out at the homeless drop-in (where Giving-Small donates items too) in a 2 week period in July 2009?

Message me your guess!

I was asked these questions from a rider so I thought I should answer here in case others had the same question.

If you find it easier to just fill out columns 1 and 3 of the Tally Sheet, that would be fine too...It will help Giving-Small to double check and calculate the rest.

I just noticed I made an error on the Tally sheet on the second page...in the fourth column the heading should read '1 point per $5 coupon value'. It's correct in the instructions and at the top of the 2nd page Tally Sheet, it's only in the column heading that it appears wrong. Sorry about that, and I've updated the attachment in the first thread.

***Sept 23rd - Rider Instant Contest***
    Here's our first week's contest...

Prize is winner's choice of either:
    $10 Heinz Nuture Instant Formula or
    (1) pin code for GeneralMills Paint the Town Red tshirt

Contest is:
    Post on this thread, a funny story...poem...joke...video...etc!, and if I haven't seen or heard it before, you could win this prize. I get to be the judge! LOL! and the top three ones that make me laugh the most I'll put your names in a hat and draw the winner! You have until Thursday (tomorrow) 8pm Pacific Time! Please keep the jokes PC! but if you don't know me already, I'm have a pretty twisted sense of humour so go for it!

Sept 23rd - Just packed up the 3 train envies and heading to the post office to mail them out! BIG FAT STUFFED ENVIES! LOL! For each rider I put in a bundle of 3-4 wishlist coupons with your name stapled to them. If you'd like to know what I included especially for you, send me a message. Hope everyone is having FUN collecting all their coupons for Giving-Small. Stay tuned later today for a fun contest with prize to be annouced on this thread!

Giving-Big to Giving-Small Xmas Dinner Hampers and Homeless Shelter Stash - Help Her to Help Others TRAIN!

Additional Info:
    1. You do not have to wait to receive the train before you send your coupons on to Giving-Small. There is a prize for the ‘fastest to arrive’ based on the arrival and post mark so make sure you take the envie to the post office. I’ll send Giving-Small’s address to you in an message.
    2. The complete list of Giving-Small’s wishlist is below. If you have any specific questions on coupons UPCs etc, please ask Giving-Small directly. We have done our best to list the exact info for the coupons she needs but we could definitely have missed any new ones we didn't know about. Please try to only provide coupons requested as she has many of the other UPC coupons and needs these specific ones to stack.
    3. The 3 Train envies will be mailed out on Wednesday, Sept 23rd in the rider order below.
    4. If you have any questions or clarification needed on the instructions/points scoring/etc, please post on this thread and I will provide an answer for everyone.
    5. Also check back regularly on this thread as there will be some additional prizes to be won for some of the 'win a wacky prize' contest.
    Rider Order
    There are 3 trains divided by East and West provinces. Then I drew names for rider position. Well actually my niece drew the names out of a hat...so don’t blame me!

Train A
    daphne01018 - Rec'd and mailing out Oct 6th
    Kay2371 - Rec'd Oct 16 and mailing out
    Litesandsirens911 - Rec'd Oct 21 and mailing out Oct 22nd
    Carlyfalls - Rec'd Oct 27th to be mailed
    Islandgirl - Rec'd Nov 6th to be mailed by Nov 9th
    Itsakeychain - Mailed
    Shop girl - Mailed and Rec'd home on Nov 27th!!!

Train B
    Daisybear - Rec'd Sept 29th and mailed
    Taffy - Rec'd Oct 5th and mailing out Oct 6th
    Eriluo - Rec'd Oct 9th and mailing out
    Marlibu - Rec'd Oct 16 and mailing out
    jezzeebelle - Rec'd Oct 23rd and mailed out
    Patty Smyth- Rec'd Nov 4th to be mailed
    Leeleelala

Train C
    lizzyurb - Rec'd Sept 30th and mailed
    porterr - Rec'd Oct 7th and mailed
    Linny - Rec'd Oct 13th and mailing Oct 14th
    LittleMoe - Rec'd Oct 19 and mailing Oct 20th
    Rhiannon1891 - Rec'd Oct 27 and mailed
    healingsage - Rec'd

__________________________________________________ _________________

This train is going to be really GREAT! PLUS, there are PRIZES galore to be won, such as:

• J&J Replacement coupon
    • $10 Tim's quickpay card
    • Cineplex movie ticket
    • $5 McDonald’s GC
    • FPC Ferrero Roche chocolate box (approx value $8.00)
    • $7 SC Johnson (Windex, Pledge, Scrubbing Bubbles, Fantastik, Shout, Drano & Nature's Source)
    • FPC Europe’s Best 907g bag (up to $7.99)
    • FPC POM Wonderful plus 2x $1 Dove Chocolate
    • Glade Sense & Spray FPC
    • 5,000 SDM Optimum points (there will be several of these prizes)
    • and more to come

Why prizes?

We know that if you respond to this train invitation, you're doing it to help out others. But we wanted to add some fun and surprises to this train to show our appreciation and recognition for your support. In fact many of you are known for your RAOKs. So join in the fun, see who is the Biggest Giver, the SC "Foodie" and more ...

Why I'm starting this particular train?

In case you didn’t know already, another SC Member (Giving-Small) donates items needed for a homeless shelter using coupons to help make this happen. She also provides food items for their annual Christmas Dinner Hampers for over 70 families. I was so impressed by her generosity that I wanted to contribute to help her make this happen.

Approximately 70 families will receive a hamper filled food items to make their Xmas dinner, plus extra food items for about 2-3 weeks of food. Also in the hampers, is one "age appropriate gift" for each child in the family.

In addition to coupons for food, donations for any amount of gift cards and/or SDM Optimum points are needed to ensure each child receives a toy/gift, plus to purchase extra food for hampers not covered by coupons. For this train, gift certificates for Walmart and Zellers are preferred, but can use others too.

How this train will work:

1. Send me a message to let me know you want to participate. Include your address and wishlist so I can fill the train envie with coupons you are wanting..It's going to be an exciting train envelope. I will be drawing names for rider position. We are hoping to have enough riders for 2-4 trains of 5-7 riders each.
    2. There is no boarding pass for this train, but you must be willing to mail the train on to the next person AND send your coupons to Giving-Small directly in a separate envelope.
    3. There is a wishlist of coupons Giving-Small is looking for below. Stackable FOOD coupons are the highest priority and GCs, then the remaining items. Each coupon is awarded points based on a system Giving-Small and I have come up with depending on the value, need, and rarity of the coupon. See the info in GREEN at the end of each wishlist item.
    4. When you receive the train, you take out the coupons you want, then replace some coupons in the regular train and send some on to Giving-Small. Coupons for Giving-Small should be mailed to her directly. I will provide her mailing info in a separate email. It would be helpful if you added a note tallying up your points based the information provided. We will do a double check of the points when we receive your envie. Unless otherwise stated, please only provide coupons with expiry December 31st or after.

Points calculation:

See info in GREEN after each wishlist item for points calculation on specific coupons.

For FPCs, BOGOs and HV coupons::
    if value is under $4.99 award 2 points per $1 coupon value, so 8 points
    if value is $5.00 and over award 3 points per $1 coupn value so 5.99 would be 15 points
    if value is $10 and over award 4 points per $1 coupon value so 11.99 would be 44 points

For GC and SDM points:
    for a $10 GC award 50 points
    for a $5 GC award 25 points
    for 5000 Optimum points award 50 points
    for 2500 Optimum pts award 25 points

For Regular Coupons:
    See points description below and bonuses for stackable ones

Win Prizes

• Highest point score (1st and 2nd place will get pick of prizes)
    • Highest amount of FOOD coupons from wishlist
    • Highest amount of GCs
    • Highest amount of FPCs for wishlist items

Win a Wacky Prize - Awarded for the following:
    • Fastest turn around…who gets their envie to Giving-Small the fastest (based on post mark from Canada Post so make sure you take your envie to the Post Office and have them stamp the envie)
    • Coupon from wishlist that has the longest expiry date
    • Most unique FPC (this will be judged by Giving-Small)
    • Prettiest Gift Card (this will be judged by Giving-Small)
    • Funniest post, poem, story or limerick each week in the thread (this will be judged by JoJos)
    Xmas Wish List: Christmas Dinner Hampers for 70 families

Gift cards for Walmart and Zellers (or other stores) and/or SDM Optimum points to ensure each child receives a toy/gift, plus to purchase extra food for hampers not covered by coupons. Gift certificates for Walmart and Zellers are preferred, but can use others too. If you wish to donate SDM Optimum points, please contact Giving-Small for the card # to transfer points too. [Points score: $10 GC – 50 pts; $5 GC – 25 pts; 5000 Optimum points - 50 pts; 2500 Optimum pts – 25 pts]

Points Calculation: add up the coupon values and award 1 point per $1 coupon value. If you are able to provide stackable coupons for any of these, award an additional 1 point for every stackable bundle. For FPCs, BOGOs and HV - see points calculation above.

Notes from Train Conductor:
    Unless otherwise stated, please only provide coupons with expiry December 31st or after (TY so much!)
    French coupons okay as long as there is an English version
    Cash for Kids coupons okay too

November 4th - List removed by JoJos as it's being updated with current coupons still needed
    Last edited by jojos_n_kelowna; Thu, Dec 17th, 2009 at 01:02 PM.

Lizzy BoardLine
    Trading Score
    423 (100%)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Choo choo!

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

can't wait!!!

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

So excited!!

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

Me too!

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Photo by RavenHawk

I was totally surprised, excited, happy and also very very relieved when JoJos emailed me to say she would like to do some trains to support the Xmas hampers. I'm even extra extra happy and excited and evern more relieved to see so many people (who would sign up I wondered - yikes) were willing to ride these trains. And here you all are - wow!

I can still hardly believe it.

It is such a huge thing that JoJos is doing and all of you too. JoJos has spent hours composing this message, helping me figure out more things to stack, UPCs etc to include in the lists and then is providing all those envelopes and organizing everything. Thanks so much JoJos - you're one very special and generous gal.

There is such a generous bunch of people on SC - you make this community/site super special. And I feel like my Xmas came early thanks to all of you.

Why did I start on this project? (Or in squeaky high pitched voice) "What was I thinking?"

Well, the staff at the charity that runs the drop-in for the homeless and for HIV positive folks told me that they had a tough time doing the baskets last year and this year there's way more people/families. Last year they took a chunk of money out of their operating budget (which is small and stretched thin) to fill the hampers when donations fell short. This year they need those funds more then ever.

The idea of the Christmas hampers struck a strong chord with me. I have been donating lots of things to the homeless drop-in thanks to all I learned at Smart Canucks and all the ideas and tips that folks have shared but this seemed like something important and special to help do that would really touch the hearts of people and show that others in the community care. Little did I realize that the community that cared was going to be coast-to-coast. Wow!

I think the other reason this struck a chord is when I showed up with my first big boxes of shampoo and toothpaste - one of the workers had tears in her eyes and said that it was like Christmas -- now when people asked her for a toothbrush or toothpaste she could give it to them.

Of course, I'm not the only donor. They do get small donations here and there but nothing like what you can do with coupons (I know many of you do the same thing and it does make people's eyes pop out and ask "how did you do it"). Of course coupons are just a small peice - it takes a few dozen coupon friends and the deal hunting know-how of SCers bargain hunters to make it all happen. My local Saskatoon SC buddies are amazing -- they text, phone and email at all times to say "do you need this for the shelter"?

Please send ideas/suggestions

Many of you are very experienced at making hampers and gift baskets so I'd love to learn from you. Please share what's worked for you.

I'd love to hear ideas and suggestions of food items I overlooked - the catch is I need to get it for free or very nearly free. Even if it's 50 cents per box that adds up. 50*70 boxes=$35.00. So I can do that for a few things.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    477 (100%)

i can't wait..this is gonna be one super awesome train!
    Join to earn GCs and many more prizes..
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/linny

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Thanks for lettin me hop aboard, and for helping out with such a wonderful program. Now, you may get some questions out of me regarding stacking, cause I'm just starting to figure that stuff out.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

You are so very welcome Giving-Small! I'm so happy to help in any way I can!!
    You are the one who is super generous with your time and efforts to help out these people in need.

When I lived in Vancouver, the company I worked for, we did the Christmas hampers for the Crabtree Corner through the YWCA. I organized it for over 5 years and participated for another 5 years. It was so wonderful to adopt these families and give them a Christmas they wouldn't be able to have without the support of my co-workers. To see the joy on the kids faces when they recieve gifts they asked for, and for the parents who are just so thankful to the point of tears...it's just very touching.

Kudos to you!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    69 (99%)

So very honoured to be part of this amazing group!
    4kids4me

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

LOL dayum..who would post a thumbs down on this thread? Can someone even it out please! LOL!

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Okay, got questions already. What about
    $2 straws?
    $1.50 Dove body wash # 89287782
    b3save$5 on bayer, could go with other aspirin coupons from save.ca?
    Sorry, pain in butt here, I know, just trying to send as much as possible and still don't fully understand all the stackable stuff.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

That is awesome of you. I have met giving-small in person, for the Saskatoon coupon exchange. Good job everyone.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Great questions.

$2 straws - no thank you - they seem to be gone from the stores locally
    I have quite of few of that UPC for Dove body wash. Love other UPCs to stack though.
    Bayer - no thanks ... I have been using those to get vitamins and I have enough for their needs.

These were all super questions - keep asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemoe0 View Post
    Okay, got questions already. What about
    $2 straws?
    $1.50 Dove body wash # 89287782
    b3save$5 on bayer, could go with other aspirin coupons from save.ca?
    Sorry, pain in butt here, I know, just trying to send as much as possible and still don't fully understand all the stackable stuff.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information