User Tag List

Page 287 of 450 FirstFirst ... 187 237 277 285 286 287 288 289 297 337 387 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 6738
Like Tree3358Likes

Thread: The Official and ONLY Place to Discuss Negative Trade Experiences + Trade Blacklist

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I doubt that you giving out a neutral and a negative is a reason to not want to trade. Nothing wrong with doing that. The people probably just don't want to do the trade. Don't take it personally.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Both great points ... thank you for the advice and reassurance.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crispiecreme View Post
    You see it.... I experienced it.
    Some people were wrongfully accused of being the perpetrators of the theft. Names were named, reputations were harmed, and those who were implicated, were called out without any evidence or facts.

A thorough investigation was completed and in particular, one person was cleared. I have not met this person, I have not traded with them, in fact, I had never before heard their name. However, as a result of the hateful talk both to and about this person, particularly after the messages from the mods indicated that this person was not responsbile, I felt compelled to contact them directly and offer my support. This was appreciated.

For those of you who attacked first, and thought later, I do understand. It is human instinct to do so. As a fellow human, I can say it is easy to lay blame on the closest target. When we are having a bad day at work, we don't attack our co-workers, we go home in a bad mood and instead attack our loved ones for the smallest transgession. Again, it is human nature, and few of us can deny the truth in this. I too, am guilty of it.

However, for those of you who did attack first, and not wait for the facts (and I am not saying that I might not have done the same thing given the circumstances), that person was cleared completely from all wrongdoing.

So, having said the above, I am not suggesting that you approach this person with an apology, but I will say that in the future, think twice before you join the mob mentality. Before you judge and attack, please wait for the evidence to support your view. This person has been inundated with negativity and little support. He or she came from a good place and with good intentions, and all that was given was gladly accepted. Yet, they were the first to be persecuted by those same people for trying to do a kind thing for others.

However, if you were one of the attackers, a few kind words of retraction would likely not go unheard. It is a simple task to denigrate and attack another, it is a large task to admit that you may have been wrong.

I won't speak for everyone, but I know which quality I respect more.
    Last edited by schwarzie; Mon, Dec 19th, 2011 at 09:31 PM.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Wow, lots of wrongdoings going on around here. Until I found this thread, I thought SC was a friendly place for the most part

P.S. I accidentally marked this thread as expired and I can't undo it. Don't take it the wrong way mods.. I love the idea!!

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crispiecreme View Post
    Woo hoo! Thanks, Sally!

I also want to say 'Thank-you', to those whom supported me and sent kind words of encouragement.
    ***stay crispie***

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Has anyone had any issues with Anyk or lakes on trains etc? Finding them unresponsive on train threads (My Train 8 has been taking FOREVER - but they've both been on 2 of mine at least).

Update: Anyk responds to PMs. Probable just hasn't had time to check all subscribed threads.
    Last edited by PammieD; Wed, Dec 21st, 2011 at 11:19 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

Well, I only found this thread because I was going to leave a neg rating for someone, now I'm afraid that if I did that, ppl will think I'm a hard trader, that no one will trade with me anymore.

I recently found a bundle of coupons for trade in the trading area. I had to trade 6 stamps for $50, I needed some coupon bundles since I just started. I mailed out my 6 stamps Dec 5th, I received this bundle today (dec 21st), this part is fine, I don't expect the other trader to mail out envie at the same time since I'm a newbie. What upsets me the most is what's inside this bundle:
    First of all, there are $21.25 worth of coupons expering Dec 31, 2011 or earlier, the date on the envelope says Dec 20, today is Dec 21st, so she left me less than 10 days to use up these coupons. Next, with 2012 exp, it contains $10 worth of meds, really, who wants these? And with less than $20 worth of gocery coupons, there are $1.5 folgers black silk, $3 splenda, $0.5 crest 3D, $1 sensodyne pronamel iso-active etc...so seriously, would anyone be happy to see this coupon bundle if you were to receive it?

Please, scers, what should I do? I don't want to be a b**ch, but am I? lol

Update: she replied my pm last night, and will send me more coupons to replace the expering ones. thanks everyone for your support and suggestions. you're the best, scers.
    Last edited by babyluck; Thu, Dec 22nd, 2011 at 08:41 PM.

Junior Canuck michellederek@shaw.ca's Avatar
    Trading Score
    309 (100%)

Update.... Lakes has contacted me with an update of the train (send date). Thanks - communcation is key!

Lakes - is my last rider on my train. The person before sent out on the 7th from Nova Scotia. I know things take longer in Ontario (that is why I had her last)

I PM'd her a couple of days ago, nothing. But with all the holiday stuff I was giving extra lee time.

The problem with lost trains is the boarding pass is gone... for the conductor and the other riders that put in or dug deep into their stache for you.
    Last edited by [email protected]; Wed, Dec 21st, 2011 at 10:55 PM.
    Shhh.... I am saving money.

RRLF: Movie snack FPC's, Nestea powder drink crystals, coke classic cans

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

Well... I'm still new here to so I can't really say, but did the person say that expiry dates would all be after December 31, 2011? I grabbed one of those as well when I first started, and I can't say I was completely happy. I would rather just trade with someone for exact coupons that I will actually use then to take a random bundle, as chances are they are just coupons that are not sought after or you probably won't use. You are better off waiting for a transparent train where you can actually see beforehand if the coupons offered are what you are looking for. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
    Swagbucks is the best way to get free stuff for surfing the web.... please use my referral link
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AlyssaD11

Lets Trade Coupons Click here ---> Trade List

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Anyone else waiting for trades from t.sanwald? Have messaged a few times but no response....

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by babyluck View Post
    Well, I only found this thread because I was going to leave a neg rating for someone, now I'm afraid that if I did that, ppl will think I'm a hard trader, that no one will trade with me anymore.

I recently found a bundle of coupons for trade in the trading area. I had to trade 6 stamps for $50, I needed some coupon bundles since I just started. I mailed out my 6 stamps Dec 5th, I received this bundle today (dec 21st), this part is fine, I don't expect the other trader to mail out envie at the same time since I'm a newbie. What upsets me the most is what's inside this bundle:
    First of all, there are $21.25 worth of coupons expering Dec 31, 2011 or earlier, the date on the envelope says Dec 20, today is Dec 21st, so she left me less than 10 days to use up these coupons. Next, with 2012 exp, it contains $10 worth of meds, really, who wants these? And with less than $20 worth of gocery coupons, there are $1.5 folgers black silk, $3 splenda, $0.5 crest 3D, $1 sensodyne pronamel iso-active etc...so seriously, would anyone be happy to see this coupon bundle if you were to receive it?

Did you know what coupons you were getting the bundle beforehand or no? Like did you get to pick them or was it just a straight up bundle of mixed "starter coupons" valued @ $50? 6 stamps for $50 worth of random not handpicked coupons seems high to me (but then maybe that's just me). Especially if that's what you ended up getting...

Did the trader let you know what the expires were ahead of time?
    Last edited by flyingdutch; Wed, Dec 21st, 2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I recently found a bundle of coupons for trade in the trading area. I had to trade 6 stamps for $50, I needed some coupon bundles since I just started. lol

I had a similar experience when I first started and did a trade for a 'mixed bundle'. It was not an envelope that many traders would want or would value as being worth the $5 gift card I sent. I chalked it up to experience and from that day forward traded only for hand-picked coupons. I have had excellent trades since that time and find that when I choose the coupons I want (and always confirm expiry dates), I use all of them and get great value.

By no means are all traders sending mixed bundles sending 'junk', but I have been leery since my initial experience.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Update.... Lakes has contacted me with an update of the train (send date). Thanks - communcation is key!

Lakes - is my last rider on my train. The person before sent out on the 7th from Nova Scotia. I know things take longer in Ontario (that is why I had her last)

I PM'd her a couple of days ago, nothing. But with all the holiday stuff I was giving extra lee time.

The problem with lost trains is the boarding pass is gone... for the conductor and the other riders that put in or dug deep into their stache for you.
    Anyk followed up with me and the rider before her letting us know that she's away so no worries there. This train has been going on forever so I can't really blame her.

Lakes has always followed through, just not great with posting & updating I guess!

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Depending on what you were promised re expiry dates is what I would base it on. While I don't necessarily think it's great to send bundles of random coupons for that amount of stamps, if she didn't violate the terms of what was agreed upon, I don't think that it is fair to give a neg rating.

I also don't think yu should worry about giving a neutral or negative rating if it's absolutely necessary. I've only done it once, but I think that some cases absolutely warrant it and others shouldn't "blacklist" you for having done that. I actually think too many people give positive ratings when they didn't have a positive experience (thereby inflating the trader/passenger's rating). Ive agreed to disagree with passengers in the past, and we've just not left ratings etc. because I'm not going to say something was positive if it wasn't. It gives other sc members a false sense of what that person is really like to trade with.

In your case, if this bundle satisfied all of the specifications it was touted as having, I'd chalk this up to a bad experience. 6 stamps is just over $3 so that's really what you're out of pocket. If you're looking to keep building your collection, I'd recommend checking out the trading boards and seeing if anyone is trading hand picked coupons for gift cards. A lot of traders will send you $10 worth of coupons in exchange for $1 on a GC. I do that all the time! $100 in great coupons for $10 is a bargain to me! I know I've had you on trains and traded with you no problems, so I wouldn't worry about already being "black listed"

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

nova_scotia_couponer

is halifax girl.

Please be advised multiple accounts are not ALLOWED at all and nova scotia couponer has been banned. Please pm halifaxgirl if you need to speak to her.

Please stop trading or letting halifax girl ride trains until she makes good on her trains. I dont understand if "canada post" was the problem then how come her new account seems to be getting and receiving trades.

Multiple accounts will not be tolerated.

Thread Information