User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    187 (100%)

Seems to me that ever since they changed their coupons they've stopped allowing the stacking of the in-store and manufacturer coupon. Most now state "cannot be combined with any other coupon" whereas about a year ago they didn't and I never had any issues stacking the two.

The in-store coupons are their own, and the manufacturer coupons would be reimbursed to the store, so I don't understand why they don't allow this anymore. Would it not just bring them more revenue in the end?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    187 (100%)

Stupid-store ..... makes sense. Caught this story on the news a couple of days ago.

Grocery store caught giving fish new best-before date
    By: ctvbc.ca

Date: Wednesday Jan. 5, 2011 12:08 PM PT

Health standards at a B.C. grocery store are being questioned after an employee was caught on hidden camera re-wrapping fish with a new best-before date.

During an early morning undercover visit to the Real Canadian Superstore at 3000 Lougheed Highway in Coquitlam, a CTV News camera captured footage of an employee in the fish section selecting salmon steaks from the display and putting them behind the counter, where she wrapped them in new plastic.

But the fish didn't just get a new wrapper -- it also received a new label. Minutes earlier, the salmon had been displayed with a best-before date of Dec. 5, but when it was re-wrapped, the new best-before date was Dec. 9.

On Dec. 8 -- one day before the new best-before date -- CTV News took the salmon to Kevin Allen, a microbiologist at the University of B.C. The verdict was already clear.

"That meat is unquestionably spoiled. The smell is quite strong and rather unpleasant," he said.

Allen warns that what the store has done could allow dangerous pathogens more time to grow.

"As a consumer and a food microbiologist, this isn't what we want to see," he said. "Without doubt, at this point, in my opinion, this is meat that shouldn't be consumed."

Superstore declined an interview, but issued a statement explaining their policy is: "that when modification to packaging is required the original best-before dates are maintained. We have reinforced this policy with the pertinent store.... We apologize if there is any concern on the part of our customers."

Other grocery stores in Metro Vancouver told CTV News they don't re-wrap food or change the best-before date.

How stupid is that?! That could make someone really sick!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I saw that news clip and it made me sick just thinking about it. Why would "modification to packaging" be required on a whole section anyway? I can see if one or two packages had a tear or a hole in them but what I saw on TV was someone removing a stack of packages for re-wrapping. Smells fishy to me!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had the very same thing happen with the Melita coffee. They would allow me to purchase only one with both a manufacturer and store cpn. I questioned the cashier about it and the problem was not stacking, it was that the store cpn stated " One coupon per customer". Had it not said that, I could have purchased more than one and stacked all of them.

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

I just talked to customer service today at the Marine Dr. location in Vancouver and asked what the coupon policy, and that I read on this forum that we could combine coupons, firstly he was surprised there is a forum that discusses the topic, but he also mentioned that the back of their coupons state can't be combined with other offers and if it happens it's because the cashiers can't read. So I followed up with, do you have a printed copy of your coupon policy handy? and he said I had to talk to the manager cause as you guys had mentioned it doesn't exist.

DaneCrazySCNewbie fourfurryfeet's Avatar
    Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Ok, doesn't anyone know if the ones around Ontario let you do this?? So does this mean that I can get the in store coupon for $3 off pedigree and then the manufacturer coupon for $3 off pedigree and get the 6.99 bag for 99 cents?? I am loosing my mind...this can't be real! LOL
    What do you mean you didn't use a coupon??????

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

TY!
    Great info!

G
    http://www.facebook.com/gkbringswhatawomanwants

Like us and be entered to win a Custom Personalized bracelet!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! This is all a lot to take in for a newb such as myself.
    I'm on the East Coast (anyone else out there?!) and I'm trying to figure out how to combine coupons and sales to get as good as some others I've seen on these forums.

I get confused when coupons state "one coupon per purchase" or various other things like that. Does this mean one coupon for each item? If I want to buy 5 and have 5 coupons can I use them all? From what I've found so far it seems a lot can be open to interpretation.

If anyone can link me to a thread that has rough explanations of what I can and can not do I'd appreciate it. Or just give me the gist!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratsy View Post
    Wow! This is all a lot to take in for a newb such as myself.
    I'm on the East Coast (anyone else out there?!) and I'm trying to figure out how to combine coupons and sales to get as good as some others I've seen on these forums.

I get confused when coupons state "one coupon per purchase" or various other things like that. Does this mean one coupon for each item? If I want to buy 5 and have 5 coupons can I use them all? From what I've found so far it seems a lot can be open to interpretation.

If anyone can link me to a thread that has rough explanations of what I can and can not do I'd appreciate it. Or just give me the gist!!
    One coupon per purchase means one item per coupon.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    One coupon per purchase means one item per coupon.
    Thank you so much! I am in love with everyone on this forum for answering all my silly questions.
    I think university logic has me trained to think outside the box way too often!
    We should always remember Occam's Razor

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Rudeness is not tolerated. Please ignore the troll and continue your conversation.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Im sorry if I missed it, but is there a link for the coupon policy? Can someone post it as I went to the website and I cant find anything for a coupon policy. It's one of those days I guess.
    I am supposed to bring a copy of it to my local Zehrs store because they dont believe that one exists of course.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cherry_lola View Post
    Stupid-store ..... makes sense. Caught this story on the news a couple of days ago.

Grocery store caught giving fish new best-before date
    By: ctvbc.ca

Date: Wednesday Jan. 5, 2011 12:08 PM PT

Health standards at a B.C. grocery store are being questioned after an employee was caught on hidden camera re-wrapping fish with a new best-before date.

During an early morning undercover visit to the Real Canadian Superstore at 3000 Lougheed Highway in Coquitlam, a CTV News camera captured footage of an employee in the fish section selecting salmon steaks from the display and putting them behind the counter, where she wrapped them in new plastic.

But the fish didn't just get a new wrapper -- it also received a new label. Minutes earlier, the salmon had been displayed with a best-before date of Dec. 5, but when it was re-wrapped, the new best-before date was Dec. 9.

On Dec. 8 -- one day before the new best-before date -- CTV News took the salmon to Kevin Allen, a microbiologist at the University of B.C. The verdict was already clear.

"That meat is unquestionably spoiled. The smell is quite strong and rather unpleasant," he said.

Allen warns that what the store has done could allow dangerous pathogens more time to grow.

"As a consumer and a food microbiologist, this isn't what we want to see," he said. "Without doubt, at this point, in my opinion, this is meat that shouldn't be consumed."

Superstore declined an interview, but issued a statement explaining their policy is: "that when modification to packaging is required the original best-before dates are maintained. We have reinforced this policy with the pertinent store.... We apologize if there is any concern on the part of our customers."

Other grocery stores in Metro Vancouver told CTV News they don't re-wrap food or change the best-before date.

How stupid is that?! That could make someone really sick!!!

That doesn't surprise me! I worked in a RCSS Deli in high school and the store manager always had me repackaging things like cheese. Even if there was mold I was supposed to just scrape it off and and repackage! And lastly, we were to make the salads/ready-to-eat meals out of the chicken and ingrediants that were past their expiry date!

Needless to say I only buy non-perishable items from RCSS now!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (50%)

so just a quick question because i'm a newb - but has anyone had issues with using one coupon that says one per purchase on it, with high quantities of the same item? i hope that makes sense.. i mean can i use one coupon per item but have several of the same or are they bad with that?
    www.partylite.biz/sites/courtneyscandles

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www..ca/coupontracker/couponwidget.php?facebookid=730330123"></script>

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I always use both the manufacturers coupon and stack it with their coupon zone coupon. I have never ever had a problem. The odd time I will get a newbie on the job, and if they start to look confused I simply say that perhaps they should call the front end manager. I also always carry a copy of all the store policies in my binder so it is always handy to pull out.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information