User Tag List

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree902Likes

Thread: How did you meet your loved one?

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Sparrow, such a heartwarming story. Some men are actually sentimental, contrary to popular belief. My dh has a small keepsake box from over the years, he has kept special cards, a letter or 2, things the grandchildren and kids have given him over the years. The odd time I will catch him looking through his box, but never go sit beside him and ask questions. It's his private memories and I think that are precious
    anisa, walkonby, erin9mmm and 1 others like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Sparrow, such a heartwarming story. Some men are actually sentimental, contrary to popular belief. My dh has a small keepsake box from over the years, he has kept special cards, a letter or 2, things the grandchildren and kids have given him over the years. The odd time I will catch him looking through his box, but never go sit beside him and ask questions. It's his private memories and I think that are precious
    It is so true, recently my nanny passed away and even thought Hezy has passed away a number of years before she keep his nightstand table exactly as he had it. So we had to clean it out as it was sold with the house. In it we found a box of items Hezy had keep some from my mom and uncle, some photos of different things and a number of things I had given him over the years (letters I wrote him on vacation, photos of things I did, various craft projects I had completed). It was something none of us knew he had.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

oh sparrow, i love your story!
    walkonby likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

is there some-thing wrong with your monitor screens...cos mine is blurry as I'm reading sparrow's story

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    is there some-thing wrong with your monitor screens...cos mine is blurry as I'm reading sparrow's story
    yeah sure Darth, you're sobbing like the rest of us eh? lol

babies teach us acceptance

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Awww shucks. You all make me feel as though that wasn't long and dull after all. I feel as though I should have put warnings on my posts to go for bathroom break, get coffee or snacks, and/or skip to next post while writing. One thing I do know, I need to ask Lua to edit for me.

I didn't think he was that sentimental, but he has kept a few things. Like the post-it sized note I wrote the instructions on how to get back to the highway the day that we met, he keeps in his wallet to this day. I tried to get rid of it while I was cleaning but he stole it back. I suspect it's in his usual spot in the "secret" compartment.

About the boy he talked into taking me to our formal/prom, he told me beforehand that I was his fourth choice because he was too shy to ask the others. Not so romantic, huh! I guess he didn't want me to get any ideas, but definitely not the way to make a girl feel special.

After he proposed, I asked him when he knew that he loved me. He said after the first time we met, the second time. I thought, "that's impossible, how could anyone know after a few hours"? He replied that I was exactly the same person I was years ago and he's always loved me, just never told me until he was mature enough to know what real love was. And when he knew I was the "one", it was our "second date", the weekend after.

Now I don't remember on which proposal he told me that (there were three!) but I guess that will wait for a how did you/he/she propose thread!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I adore this thread... Its so heartwarming to read real life love stories.

Thanks Sparrow for sharing, you may think your post was too long, but if you left out some details, it wouldnt have been the same.
    anisa, itsjustmebub, Zonny and 1 others like this.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For me, I was SO glad I didn't marry the first one who asked when I was 19, then again the next one when I was 25. Because then the RIGHT man came along... and when we married I was 28, had my education and some life experience under my belt, so I knew I made the right decision.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

awesome stories everyone!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I met my DH in the local meatmarket( bar). I was with some friends where I heard this loud laughing. I saw this short stout guy ( cute) and one of his buddies came up behind him and ripped down his sweats. DH just took a bow and pulled them up. He looked at me with this intense hazel and BOOM! I was hooked!!! That in 1992 and I have been laughing everyday ever since.
    anisa, walkonby and SassyAshley like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nice to see some folks finding true love the old fashion traditional way

instead of cruising some seedy internet dating sites for random strangers.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The 'old fashioned' way was to have someone select your marriage partner from a suitable family with wealth, or status.

if you had nothing to offer in exchange for that, meaning you had no wealth, no status, no desirable talents or good looks, you were left an old maid.
    walkonby likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I met my husband while in university. I asked some friends if they wanted to go clubbing and they invited some friends too. One of the people invited was my future husband. We all met up at one person's house and when he walked into the room I was immediately interested. We then all headed to the club, but when we were there he smoked. I cannot stand smokers. I'm not interested in second hand smoke, nor do I want to kiss an ashtray. This was in January.

Our group of friends went out a bunch of times to do all sorts of different things. We went to cheesy touristy things in Niagara Falls, to movies, bowling, etc. Each time I talked to my future hubby, but was always immediately repulsed by the smoking. Finally, in May we were walking in Niagara Falls and he casually mentioned that he had quit smoking. On the May 24th weekend I invited everyone to my place for fireworks and pizza, which we all enjoyed.

Then in June he got my number and asked me out. We were both 19 and it was the typical teenage date with a movie and coffee at Timmies. By July we were talking about our future kids, our goals and dreams, and what we hoped our future would look like. In August he was invited to a wedding and I was his date. The very next day he proposed!

For the next two years he went to one university and I went to another. I really wanted to finish my degree before marriage. We travelled back and forth visiting each other and planning our wedding. Finally, two years later I finished my degree in June and we got married in August.

It's now been 11 years and I still feel like I'm with my best friend.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am sorry but I am really not sure why this comment was needed. People meet in various ways, and I really struggle to see how you met this person as being an issue. As long as you met your loved one, I think how you meet does not matter what matters is that you are together.

If someone meets their partner online does it change who these two people are, or their relationship? As many people here have mentioned if not for the internet they never would have found their loved one.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post

anisa, xox2010 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post

My love story....I used to go out each week with my friends to dance - loved it. Well one week I happened to notice someone that caught my eye. I was very shy and each week I saw him but never had the courage to speak to him. Well one day I happened to be amongst mutual friends and my best friend said "isn't that the guy you have been wanting to meet all this time" and proceeded to shove me towards him - I had no choice but to talk to him or else fear looking stupid in front of him. That was 20 years ago, 4 years of dating + 16 years of being happily married.

I used to feel embarrassed in a way because of how we met, it wasn't the old fashion traditional way. My weekly dancing with friends where I had noticed my now husband but was too shy to speak to him could have been described as cruising. The place where this happened could be described as a sports bar to some but perhaps a seedy bar to others (maybe depending on the generation at the time), and since I had never met him until that point I guess he would have been a random stranger. I realized later I had nothing to be embarrassed about because I know my friends and I were good people, not getting into trouble, just enjoying being young and not busy with families yet - and so was my husband. So I'm proud of my story because maybe if I never went there to dance I would not have met my best friend and love of my life.

In another 10 years internet dating will probably be seen as the old fashion traditional way.
    operabob, anisa, Natalka and 5 others like this.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information