User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Expired
    I know many of you here contact companies to get coupons on here. So hear me out on a predicament that I have here.

I recently contacted Purina about their MAXX litter product. I buy this product all the time, I have two cats so we go through it quickly. I like this product, it's good quality, but pretty expensive. Okay, so I email Purina thinking maybe I can get some coupons out of being a loyal customer. I tell them I buy it all the time, it's great, go into detail about why I like it etc, tell them it's expensive however. They sent me 3 $1 coupons today in the mail.

I think, had I complained instead of raved about the product, I would of probably received a fpc, (judging from what I have read on here). Does it really make sense for companies to send fpc's to people who will allegedly NOT buy the product again because they don't like it? Whereas someone that DOES like the product will keep buying it, a continued customer only gets $ off coupons.

Keep in mind, I do not think that customers are entitled to these coupons, I am happy to get anything at all, but I don't think it's fair that you get more results if you complain vs compliment a product. What do you think?
    This thread is currently associated with: Purina

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

It's the same in stores, the more you yell and throw a tantrum, the more the manager is willing to give you whatever you want so you leave the store. And yes, grown adults throwing temper tantrums over the most trivial of things is pathetic.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i think with complaining they see it as you may have gotten a "dud" and a replacement of it may make it better.. though i've found i've gotten better results when i email a complaint vrs phone, for example last week i phoned shick about the intuition offer they had.. (share some intuition with the codes some of us may remember) i still have 3 cards the website has been down for MONTHS but it says "it willl be back up soon with a date in 2009 and the codes are STILL VALID" we all know the promo is probably over and it won't be back since 2009 is almost over.. i called and complained.. the girl on the phone, was almost rude to me i hung up and sent them an email (not mentioning the phone call) and they promptly emailed me back within 24hrs apologizing for the promo issue(though they didn't say it was over) and they will be sending me a coupon for $12 to purchase one

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Glade sent me an FPC when I emailed them a compliment. But Febreze only sent me a $3 coupon when I complained that the Noticeables starter kit I bought was only working on one side. I guess it depends on the company as well.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Interesting point, but it really varies among companies. I have sent a polite, legit complaint to some companies, and have just gotten an email back in response and nothing else. The same has happened with kudos I've given, just a polite email back saying thank you.
    I've never gotten an FPC, even with a serious complaint, just a few dollars off coupons maybe - the most was a $5 one from an aftershave company when I commented that I couldn't find the scent my husband and son prefer.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JumboShrimp View Post
    Glade sent me an FPC when I emailed them a compliment. But Febreze only sent me a $3 coupon when I complained that the Noticeables starter kit I bought was only working on one side. I guess it depends on the company as well.
    This is a case where you should have gotten an FPC for a defective product!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I find calling better then e-mailing I complain all the time if something is wrong, Glade Sense and Spray the stupid light kept flashing non stop even after spraying got replacement coupon, and the Scotts Paper Towels the dye on the paper towels was going on my counters which never happened before this was a six pack and they only sent me a freebie for 2 pack so as many people say it depends who you are talking to. But I agree fully that they should make regular customers happy also that is a big pet peeve of mine. I find you get no where saying you like there products lol.

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

People who complain get more. I guess it's more of a moral dilema for other people, personally I would never complain about something looking for freebies, wouldn't be a very responsible thing to pass on to my daughters. Now if your complaint is vaild and you want to notify the company, then there's nothing wrong with that.
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    People who complain get more. I guess it's more of a moral dilema for other people, personally I would never complain about something looking for freebies, wouldn't be a very responsible thing to pass on to my daughters. Now if your complaint is vaild and you want to notify the company, then there's nothing wrong with that.
    I agree with you, and when I am honest I don't get as much, doesn't seem fair does it.

When you guys say it depends on the company, alright, I emailed aveeno tell them that I like their products, they send me two $3 off coupons, but when people complain they get a fpc, same for purina maxx litter. I see a trend.

I have NEVER received an fpc from a company neither for complaint or compliment. And people regularly complain and get fpc's on here, I see it all the time. I guess good for them if they found a way to work the system right? I know stuff is expensive and if you found a way to get it cheaper good for you right?

The only way for me to get a fpc is to trade with someone who figured out a way to get their's and doesn't want it for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Justine; Tue, Dec 15th, 2009 at 03:40 PM.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Ya, different companies will reward you for a complaint vs. a compliment. For some reason, I find smaller companies are more generous for compliments and the giant companies are more generous for complaints.

It bothers me to think that people emails companies with false complaints just to get fpc's.
    My family currently has a 1 in 20 chance for a trip for 4 anywhere WestJet flies. Please vote for my son if you can spare a moment. https://apps.facebook.com/rfscontest...93?eid=1800024
    *You can vote daily til Nov 12th. - Just click 'LOVE IT' - THANK YOU

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

it depends who reads the email. sometimes they offer coupons, most of the time i only get a we are glad you like our product, no coupon for you. response. so it seems to be hit and miss.
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

well... i suppose i have a question..

i recieved an FPC from Liberté for yogurt through their radio campaign (when you heard their ad on the radio, you emailed them with the station, time and content of ad). i used my FPC and got a tub of yogurt. When I got it home and opened it, there was a spec of mold. I thought nothing of it, scooped the mold out and proceeded to eat the yogurt. 5 days later, 2 days before the expiry date, i open the tub and it's covered in mold - i can't finish it. SO.. I emailed Liberté. I wasn't looking for anything from them, but thought they should know of my experience.

Well, they sent me another FPC with more $.50 off coupons thanking me for letting them know. I used my FPC a week ago to try a different flavour of their yogurt. THis time I decide to try one of their organic, low-fat ones. It sat in my fridge for a week unopened -- expiry says December 29. i opened it on Sunday and it looked fine, but OMG the taste was horrible! It had that sour, milk-gone-bad taste and I threw it out. Should I bother emailing them again? I mean, it *was* free... but geeze.. 2 awful experiences in a row!
    Join SWAGBUCKS! Get free amazon $!!!
    My Blog: http://mypinkthumb.com

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I would email them again lua!

Thats gross even if its free, they need to know their products are expiring so fast.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I've only called a couple of companies.

Playtex to complain about leaking bottles - I got $8 in coupons, not even enough to buy more bottles and its the same thing they send to people who compliment the product.

Pampers to complain about the side tab ripping off cruisers (I only buy pampers and never had this problem before the last box of diapers, everyone ripped off when trying to get them on my DD, clearly defective). -They said they would send a coupon. Haven't got it yet, so hopefully it's decent.

J&J for the new parents pack (just said that I had a baby and a friend told me to call for the pack) - got the free replacement product coupon. It's the only FPC I've gotten that was straight from the company.

I think it really does depend on the company. Some companies give more for a complaint vs. a compliment, some give the same coups no matter what.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had experiences very similar to Lua, but with breads. Actually within a week of eachother. Finding 'unexplained' hairs in your bread, from 2 different stores, calling customer service with the complaint/concern, and receiving coupons for bread products. I had to laugh, even though it was disgusting, how could 2 different bakeries have a hair issue within a week of eachother, wow... Makes you wonder. I laugh now! (and yes, they were curly)! *you may gag now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information