User Tag List

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Ive had mine in for about 16 months. Just wondering if anyone is having any side effects. This may be TMI for some people

At first my cycles were really regular and light
    I was nauseated for the first few months
    I gained a few pounds too
    In the last four months Ive been having horrible PMS weepy, backaches and cramps
    I have little to no sex drive
    Cyles are irregular (very frequent) and lots of spotting
    I've got the worst acne I've ever had (it runs in my family but Im 27 and havent had a problem until this past year)
    and OH the depression is horrible

So Ive been trying to get a dr to take it out and Im having a hard time. My fam Dr wont do it and she refered me to my OB/GYN they never called me to book an appt. When I called they hadnt recieved the referal. SO I had to get my Dr office to call it in again. I guess there was an issue and they had to wait for my Dr to get back from vacation Then I tried AGAIN to book an appt because they never got back to me. Well now the OB/GYN is on vacation. SO I cant even make an appt! This has been going on for a month! No Dr. in the clinic will take it out.
    I made the mistake of not doing thorough enough research about this product. I thought it would be a lifesaver. Im paying for it now. Im stuck with this foreign body for at least a few more weeks. Anyone else having issues?
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I was thinking of getting a Copper IUD.

It's weird that your physcian who put it in won't take it out. Of my friends who've had one, the physcian who put it in, took it out.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

My SIL had one in same dr put it in took it out!
    She loved hers, a bit of weight gain but the lighter periods made up for that she said.
    Shes sad that because she took it out to have a baby she won't get another one covered by insurance cause it won't have been 5 years by the time she needs it back in.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I didn't like it because I had a light period for 3 months straight.

Got it taken out.

I would go for the copper one instead if you dont' have any cramping and give your body a break from the hormones.

If you really want it out try going to emerg. I know it seems like a waste of time but if you want it out now you should be able to go there.
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momofkali View Post
    If you really want it out try going to emerg. I know it seems like a waste of time but if you want it out now you should be able to go there.
    This is probably the best idea. My mother works in the local hospital here in nb and says the best time to go in is early in the day on a weekday. I asume it would be the best time there as well. If you explain the situation and tell them how uncomfortable it is they might book an apointment for you if they cant get you in that day.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, I'm glad to say I dodged the bullet on that one! Decided to not get it, and am SO glad I didn't.
    I'm a lot older than you, but have PCOS, so my gynie brought it up as an option to help with the heavy bleeding and extreme pain which I have.
    But, wow, once I started doing research on it - there are a gazillion women out there who have been totally hurt by this product, and some of the stories are just heart-wrenching to read - how ill some women got (heart problems), etc.

I hope you get help soon! For more info, just google mirena side effects, or problems with mirena - that's how I got these -

http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic112964.html
    http://www.medications.com/se/mirena
    http://www.everythingmom.com/our-blo...moval/cpage/2/

There are also problems for some after removal
    http://www.everythingmom.com/our-blo...moval/cpage/2/

Trading Score
    81 (100%)

I had the copper one and bled for 6m straight. The day I made the dr pull it out was the day i stopped bleeding.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Im very recently single and I have no plans to date for a while. I think Im just gonna be abstinent when I get it out. Then again I have no sex drive right now so I guess that could change The horomones really mess me up. The last time i was on the pill(3 years ago) I was nauseated to the point that I would vomit it up so that doesnt work for me. Im gonna have to get a book on the rythym method and stick to condoms maybe VCF? I dont know. Maybe when I start dating again I'll only date men who've been fixed. HAHAHAHAHA!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sat, Jul 20th, 2013 at 01:21 PM.

Thread Information