User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Last thursday was my birthday and I have been drooling over the new Cricut Cake machine since it came out a few months ago. when I saw the price reality set in and I knew it was not going to happen. On wednesday I got a call from my boss that they needed me to stop by work for a few minutes. (I have volunteered at a childrens resale store for over a year now. it started out as only 1 day but when my bosses husband was diagnosed with cancer it turned into a full time volunteer job). When i got to the store THERE IT WAS!!!!! they had bought me the cricut cake machine earlier that day they went to michaels and it was on sale they got it for $399.00 (100.00 off the regular price).
    So then on thursday my husband wanted to take me shopping so the first thing I did was check SC and see what amazing deals were out there and I noticed Sally posted a Kitchenaid bowl mixer was on sale 50% off at sears. So I asked my husband what my "birthday budget" was and he told me that the mixer fit into his budget so off to sears we went. Of course they didn't have anymore and all they could give me was a raincheck So a little disappoitned we were leaving the store and passed a rack of sales ads I grabbed an ad and off to walmart I went the regular price at sears for the mixer was 398.00 at walmart is was 279.00 but I price matched to the sears flyer and got it for 199.00 I have wanted one of these mixers since I took my first cake class but really couldn't justify spending the money so instead I burned up 12 cheap mixers in the last 18 months! It would have been cheaper in the long run if I would have invested the money right away but I guess you live and learn.
    So after we got the mixer we went to se Despiclable Me (me my husband my 16, 15, and 2 year old) I had several free movie tickets so we watched the movie for free then went to baskin robbins for birthday ice cream! It was a wonderful day and I literally got everything I really wanted
    The cricut cake machine was a little tricky at first but I love it. here is a pic of the first cake I made using it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, Guess, Michaels Arts and Crafts, Sears, Walmart

Junior Canuck BewilderedBrunette's Avatar
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Happy (belated) birthday!!

What wonderful presents!

I've been drooling over the Cricuit myself...maybe one day...

I also got the raincheck for the mixer at Sears! I've wanted one for ages and what a great price! I didn't even think to PM! Silly me...ah well, I'll have to wait a few more days...

I can't wait to see more of your creations!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh this is the most awesome brag I've read in a while! You are one spoiled girl! I'm so happy you got the mixer! I love the cake!

Banned
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

wow what a great birthday! that cake looks beautiful.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hokey whoa! You were gifted most excellently!!!
    I was confuddled about the cricut, only had seen it used for paper - but then google was my friend
    http://joyslife.com/how-the-cricut-c...ut-expression/

Trading Score
    134 (100%)

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Sounds like you had an awesome birthday!!!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Happy Belated Birthday!
    I want a circuit too didn't know they had one for cakes!!!
    Your cake looks fab!!!

Coupon Ninja in Training astrid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Wow, gorgeous cake! Great job! What a nice way for them to say "Thank You". I bet you feel pretty appreciated right now

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Wow, awesome brag! & Happy Belated Birthday! Beautiful cake & your so talented!
    Enjoy your gifts!

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

My husband bought me one of the kitchen aid mixers a few years ago for my birthday and I still say it's my best present ever, love it. I've never seen or heard about the Cricut, I'm gonna check it out, whatever it does your cake looks fabulous!! Happy Birthday!! See Karma works, you've been doing a great deed volunteering and bam, an awesome present!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Way to go. The cricut cake is a beautiful machine. I love my cricut create. Look on ebay if you need accessories.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Wow great birthday I was looking at the Cricut Cake too but way to expensive for me to buy considering I haven't made that many cakes yet
    One by one, the penguins slowly steal my sanity

Trading Score
    194 (100%)

amazing brag! beautiful cake too!
    Want Amazon.ca or other gift cards? Join Swagbucks and Irazoo! $515 redeemed to date.

My blog: http://seapotato.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

i can totally relate to your post badkins. I'd been eyeing the kitchen aid stand mixer for years...and ran my poor regular mixers ragged trying to do some cake batters and butter creams. finally saw a great sale at zellers last year and got it! It is a great mixer and i wouldn't trade it for the world!

I too was giving the cricut cake machine some longing looks but the price tag is scary. so nice of them to give it to you to show their appreciation. now that i've seen how awesome your cake it, I think i'll have to move it to the top of my birthday wish list...even if it's a present to me...i just got a bonus at work so it won't be too hard to figure out how to spend it! congrats on a great birthday and another great cake brag!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr...P_DATE_CREATED

its for 399 there with 5 easy payments

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information