User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I popped on over to FB before the shelves were cleared of sale items (which happens here A LOT) and managed to get a few things to tuck away for the school year!

7 boxes Betty Crocker Variety packs - 14 packs per box - regular $6.79 - sale $3.99 - 7 x $1 coupons

2 Boxes Nature Valley Bars - 12 bars per box - regular $6.79 - sale $3.99 - 2 x $1 coupons

2 x Dole Fruit & Crisp - 2 per pack - regular $2.49 - sale $1.99 - 2 x .75 coupons

4 x Koolaid Jammers - 10 per box - regular $3.99 - sale $1.44 (no coupons but great sale!)

2 x Nordica cottage cheese - 750g - regular $4.29 - sale $2.99 - 2x .75 coupons

3 x BD Cheesestrings - 8 per pack - regular $4.99 - sale $2.99 - 3 x .75 coupons

4 x BD Funcheez - 8 per pack - regular $4.99 - sale $2.99 - 3 x .75 coupons

Total price w/ tax - $125.56

OOP - $60.41

Saved $65.15

Also, inside every cheese pack is $3 worth of coupons for a total of $21
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics

Trading Score
    181 (99%)

Great job! I didn't know the value packs of fruit snack and the cheese strings were on sale! I will be making a trip to food basics very soon

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Ah! The variety packs weren't on sale here...they are super expensive!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I was super excited to see that they were on sale so I could use the smartsource coupons as they are ONLY for the "new" products!

The sighing from the man in line behind me was comical - I was just dying for him to actually open his mouth to complain & I was going to tell him "Oh, pardon me, is my SAVING MONEY impeding on your busy life?"

I think he sensed that I'm not a shy person & will likely speak my mind cause he packed up his groceries loudly & stormed out of the store lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Great deal! I picked up a bunch of the jammers too this week as they are such a great deal.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    148 (100%)

great deals....I'm gonna have to check out those cheesestrings...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

way to go on thinking ahead for school with the snacks

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    I was super excited to see that they were on sale so I could use the smartsource coupons as they are ONLY for the "new" products!

The sighing from the man in line behind me was comical - I was just dying for him to actually open his mouth to complain & I was going to tell him "Oh, pardon me, is my SAVING MONEY impeding on your busy life?"

I think he sensed that I'm not a shy person & will likely speak my mind cause he packed up his groceries loudly & stormed out of the store lol
    Now how much extra time did your purchases take due to coupons? Probably very little, if the cashier didn't have questions, and your post doesn't sound like there were any problems. I am finding that people are becoming so rude, whether at the store, driving, etc. He's a jerk -- it probably upset him that you were saving so much $ and he wouldn't be. Maybe if he'd been nice to you, you would have RAOK'd him with a coupon or advice on how to coupon. Oh well, his loss.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Unfortunately the cashier was very slow - I didn't have much option - 2 cashes open, one was 1-16 items & the other was the one I had to go to. She was young, and English was probably her 3rd language.
    She spent a good 2 minutes staring at each coupon & comparing it with the products, I even forewarned her that I had coupons, and laid them out in order to match with the items, but alas, that didn't matter.

I ROAK'd a BD Cheesestrings coupie to a lady that happened to grab a pack off the shelf which means that the same cashier would have had to handle that coupon too lol

angelamary
    Trading Score
    33 (100%)

It is awesome. We did some of the same but for smaller boxes. I used $1 off Betty Crocker snacks on the $1.44 items, making them .44 each (x4) plus a few others. Love the sales when there is something there. Sadly their crackers were empty, but price matched at Walmart. Glad to know that some of the big packs are on sale too, I may need to go back!

Way to go!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Everything that was on sale for $1.44 with the exception of the Jammers were completely cleared out

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Great Deal,The Variety packs was not on sale here

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    Unfortunately the cashier was very slow - I didn't have much option - 2 cashes open, one was 1-16 items & the other was the one I had to go to. She was young, and English was probably her 3rd language.
    She spent a good 2 minutes staring at each coupon & comparing it with the products, I even forewarned her that I had coupons, and laid them out in order to match with the items, but alas, that didn't matter.

I ROAK'd a BD Cheesestrings coupie to a lady that happened to grab a pack off the shelf which means that the same cashier would have had to handle that coupon too lol
    I know what you mean about the shortage of cashiers. It doesnt' just happen at Food Basics. I heard that it's head office that decides how many cashiers on shift. So, complaints got to head office.

Question: The packages of cheese have coupons. Which cheese has these coupons.Thx.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

ohhh I will have to go look for the cheese sticks and what coupon did you use for the granola bars? not the new ones from the smartsource was it? cause was that not for a bigger box than 12?

Trading Score
    107 (99%)

Awesome!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information