User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ordering cheques from sources other than your bank?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I order my cheques online from a website called Cheque Depot. Since I switched over to them from TD Canada Trust I save about 50% on my cheque costs.

Their website is http://www.chequedepot.com

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all,

Just a heads up, Im an owner in a family owned cheque manufacturing company called Cheques Now / Cheques Direct Ltd.

We offer to match your current suppliers price on handwritten or computer cheques. We then offer 25 or 50% more cheques free with your order.
    25%more on computer 50% more on manual cheques.

We offer the highest available security features in Canada, plus you can earn AIRMILES (R) reward miles.

Check us out online at www.chequesnow.ca or email me at [email protected]

NiagaraNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Be careful when ordering cheques from ASAP. Yes, they have great prices, but their office is disorganized and not focused on customer service. I ordered cheques on December 3rd, and they have still not arrived. (December 30th) First they lost my order, and did not communicate with me. When I inquired three weeks later, it took them two business days to respond. I re-sent the information they needed and they said they would process my order as a RUSH order, due to their mistake. But they processed it the same as they process all other orders. Hopefully I will get my cheques by January 4th. The only thing the company did to acknowledge their error was to say that if I purchased again from them, they would take 15% off. Unfortunately, my frustration with them is too great to be appeased by that offer.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I'm in the process of ordering personal cheques, and prefer duplicate cheques, because it makes record keeping easier.

These are the prices I have so far (prices include tax and S&H unless noted):

through bank (D+H) 100 cheques $48.60 = $0.49/chq

asap-cheques.com 80 cheques $24.28 = $0.30/chq

chequeprint.ca 100 cheques $50.45 = $0.50/chq

chequesnow.ca 300 cheques $109 = $0.36/chq (business cheque, not duplicate)

cheque depot 250 cheques $72.45 (excl. S&H) = $0.29/chq not including shipping, these are business style cheques and not duplicates

asap-cheques seems like the best price, but I've seen many mixed reviews on the company, like musicaladybug's review above. Some have issues with delivery and quality.

since chequesnow offered to match prices above, I'll have to pursue that some more. Their website is outdated and seems geared more towards business cheques.
    Last edited by RedEng; Tue, Feb 21st, 2012 at 01:08 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I still can't believe that I have to pay for cheques in Canada - and that I have to pay to have a bank account, and that there's a limit on free transactions....
    pippinelkhound likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Print and Cheques Now out of Calgary prints and ship business cheques across canada. we use them for our company, and I use them for my personal cheques as well. They have better pricing than D&H and we get 25% more computer cheques for our simply account program and i get 50% more cheques for my personal account on my orders.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just as an interesting side note (I would not really recommend this!) you can write a cheque to someone on a napkin or ny scrap piece of paper and the bank has to accept it... as long as it has the institution # on it (eg. CIBC's is 010), the transit number, the account #, who the cheque is payable to, the amount and your signature. They will argue with the person presenting the cheque for cashing, but really they are supposed to accept it.

The price of cheques has really increased as hardly any transactions are done this way anymore as most people use debit cards. And since the bank makes at least .15 per transaction from the retailer without actually having to do anything, they would prefer we use debit cards.. Cheques have to be handled by a live person at some point, so there is a labour cost involved, so of course we are encouraged to NOT pay by cheque. So between a lower demand and the banks discouraging their use, cheque prices have increased. It also costs businesses substanially more to deposit cheques on business accounts than it does for automatic deposits from debit cards.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

This thread was bumped by a spammer in post #21.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information