User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

My 12 year old wants to start wearing make-up and I am lost as what to get her.
    Can anyone help me?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I was about 12 when i started wearing make up. I didnt have my own though, i just wore stuff out of my moms makeup bag....lol mainly eyeliner and eye shadow. I would say start her out with neutral tones or"daytime shades" browns and beiges. that way you know she wont be able to go out looking like skankzilla.lol it gives her something to play with, and just accentuate her natural beauty
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walmart has a lot of kid-friendly things like LipSmackers, Disney brands, etc.
    I would go for organic/natural stuff - Burt's bees, covergirl's NatureLuxe, etc..
    Loving my kids while saving money at the same time!!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

yeah i wear sparkly stuff only when i go out, so i really dont want her using my makeup,

she wants is for x-mas so I have a few months to get it for her just no clue what to get a 12 year old, I know she dont want the cheap play make-up anymore. I do already have her a cute case to put her own make-up in.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i would go with a little tinted lip gloss and some consealer to cover up some dark circles and a pimple

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

start with eye shadows and lip glosses.. brushes even. I usually see elf brushes at dollarama. i wouldnt buy high quality products at this age. so any kind of cheap eye shadows, foundation powders etc. will be exciting for a 12 year old.
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

oh n take it out of allowance too that way she can learn some value of money wile at it

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Brands like Wet 'n Wild and NYC won't break the bank. They products are lower-end, but because she's only 12 I hardly doubt she'll care.

Neutral eye-shadows or light coloured shadows, clear/sheer pink lipgloss, brown eyeliner/natural mascara (if she asks for eyeliner/mascara at all). I feel black would be too harsh for a pre-teen.

I got interested in make up at a very young age! Nail polishes too. I would watch my mum and want to be just like her. lol
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My daughter is 13 and started about a year ago. I got her a tranparent mascara so she would get use to apply it without making a mess. She has a bunch of light color lip gloss and nice light color eye shadow. I disagree with some of the othe opinions, I got her all nice quality stuff because she doesn't have to apply much for it to show. I wouldn't wear cheap stuff so, why should she??? Quality works better... I also showed her how to apply it and be tasteful and told her I reserve the right to make her take it off if I don't approve of the way she puts it on...
    Nanoush

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

nice light colors....a lighter brown eyeliner....not black....its to dramatic.....
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

My little cousin ( who is like my little sister ) is also 12 and just started to wear makeup this year.
    I buy her neutral colours and brown/clear mascara. She also likes The sparkly liner from MAC (which is a bit on the pricey side) but isn't very dark and is just a bit of glitter.
    No other eyeliner as its a bit to harsh. And we don't want 12 year olds looking like their 15.
    I can post some pictures of how she does her makeup if you'd like.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Groupon WagJag
    Checkout my blog?
    helloobee.blogspot.ca

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i agree with others.. start with more affordable lines.. (i'm always hesitent for dollar store brands) but things like cover girl are aimed for the younger generation (the tween/teen market) they have a nice selection of colours.. go with nice neutrals then branch out.. say get her a new colour every allowance day, you can get flavored lip balms (bonnie bell lip smackers) and then tinted lip glosses they aren't too daring but will let her play some

if she's getting into make up it might also be worth looking into basic skincare items too (aka what to use to take off make up, a facial scrub, a moisturizer) scary to think they are growing up soo fast!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I know my baby girl is growing up so fast if I could stop time and keep her small I would, I hate to think of her dating in a few year, the joys of being a single mom. lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Select the right shade of blush. Shades of pink are best for those with pale skin. If you have medium skin tone look for shades darker pinks or light bronze. Black mascara goes well to further increase the beauty of your eyelashes. If you have cool skin type then it is better to opt for a pinkish blush shade.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

You could get her a very basic mascara and a bronzer,
    those are very basic and always fun to apply

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information