User Tag List

Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
Like Tree1095Likes

Thread: SmartCanucks undergoing upgrades and more...

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Hi everyone!

I'm very sorry for the big mess on the forum yesterday. The forum software had been aging for a while now and I was working on upgrades and new great sections for SmartCanucks. However yesterday the system just gave up totally after it got hit by a terrible virus. Some of the things the virus caused:
    - It made SC redirect to a Nazi website
    - It made SC send out spam emails to members.... I'm terribly terribly sorry!

This forced me to do the upgrades overnight and launch the new design and sections about a week or two ahead of schedule! This means that there is still a lot of work that needs to be done on SC over the next week including:
    - Restoring all the extra features that you are used to on the forum. E.g. ability to expire, iTrader, company tagging, gender icons, etc.
    - Tweaking the forum to make it as easy and user friendly as possible for you. Also making it easy on the eyes. Any feedback on the current look is welcome.
    - Fixing the new sections and adding content to them.
    - Adding a new awesome trading system that I have been working on for a while now and has taken all the feedback you provided into account.

So basically over the next week or two you're going to see gradual restoration of features as well as loads of exciting new stuff. After that SC should be back to normal with the addition of loads of new tools to help you trade, coupon and hunt for deals better.

I welcome your feedback and if there's something I'm missing or if you have suggestions for improving or fixing some please let me know. I will be keeping a very close eye on this section.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Wow, what a nightmare for you! Thanks for all your hard work!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Can I add to your already very busy list

- Turn auto-resizing back on for images, many people upload flyers without resizing since they were always able to and now we only see a portion unless we save each page and open it off SC in image software (http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/280771-...6-22-a-canada/ <-- see this thread) it is a nightmare while we try to do the deals
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So this means no more getting logged out!?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you for your hard work.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelly25 View Post
    So this means no more getting logged out!?
    I was constantly always being logged out as well. Many other SC'ers suggested it was a issue with my computer.

I hate to be negative here but I hate change. I loved the old site better. This is so much more confusing and harder to understand, add in to account all the icons that are now different. I'm having trouble understanding the silly icons in the inbox section. If a pm is unread it shows an OPEN envelope. If you've read it it shows a CLOSED envelope. Does this make sense? It should be the other way around! I hate how in a lot of section of the site now the type is sooo much smaller.

Now, for a good point? I like the auto save when you're typing something. That will most definitely come in handy.

Also, I'm sure most know but the brag button does not work, it just leads you to the general homepage for the forums.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Wow, what a tonne of work for you. So far it looks great! I am so happy the site is back up
    Couponing Since 2011

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Sorry, one more thing, not sure where to go in order to leave trader feedback as I got some trades in todays mail.
    mdajmnt likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Thanks Boo! Glad to see SC back up I missed it this morning

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Thanks for all your work!!! So glad to see sc back - keep up the amazing job Boo & mods!!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    I was constantly always being logged out as well. Many other SC'ers suggested it was a issue with my computer.

I hate to be negative here but I hate change. I loved the old site better. This is so much more confusing and harder to understand, add in to account all the icons that are now different. I'm having trouble understanding the silly icons in the inbox section. If a pm is unread it shows an OPEN envelope. If you've read it it shows a CLOSED envelope. Does this make sense? It should be the other way around! I hate how in a lot of section of the site now the type is sooo much smaller.

Now, for a good point? I like the auto save when you're typing something. That will most definitely come in handy.

Also, I'm sure most know but the brag button does not work, it just leads you to the general homepage for the forums.

I promise I will work on making this as easy as possible for you.... it's just that the upgrade was done too quickly... I will try to make it feel like the old version as much as i can
    karissadahl and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Thank you Boo for all your hard work! It's just a quick look...but I found a small problem, I hope you could fix it now...Inbox, the red line with contact us, etc. (the one that should be at bottom of page) is located in the middle of the messages, thus I can't see some of them, cause they're hidden behind it.
    Last edited by NikyK; Thu, Mar 22nd, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

thank you Boo for the great new look. Too bad it had to get pushed up due to a virus!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

thanks Boo!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Wow! Crazy amounts of work. I just want to make sure I understand something: at this time, we are unable to leave feedback BUT it will be fixed?

Page 1 of 114 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread Information