User Tag List

Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree2721Likes

Thread: I Hate people on Kijiji!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Everyone thinks they are exception and you want to deliver for them.

I am in a rural area which my profile states and I constantly get told how I have to go by where they live to get out of town so the fact I won't deliver is rude, selfish, inconsiderate, you name it.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    If it states in my ad "must be willing to pick up" why would you ask if I am going to be in your area? Strange.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupongirl99 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Everyone thinks they are exception and you want to deliver for them.

I am in a rural area which my profile states and I constantly get told how I have to go by where they live to get out of town so the fact I won't deliver is rude, selfish, inconsiderate, you name it.
    I get "you are too out of the way for me" all the time. I drive "out of the way" for items I want all the time. It is no different than travelling to a store for a deal. Wake up Kijidiots, the world does not revolve around you. SURPRISE!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's a switch...

Posted a tablet bundle on Kijiji today for $280. (value new of said package would cost upwards of $400+)
    I had three replies... the usual "Still have this?" (30 minutes after I posted it)... and a low-baller who wanted to give me less than $200 for it (that's not the surprise part)

Then out of the blue, got a reply from a guy saying: "My car is out of commission, I'll give you $350 if you'll deliver it to my door."
    His location was maybe 20 minutes away (including a ferry ride across a river)... The round-trip cost me no more than $10 in gas (probably closer to $5). So a $70 delivery fee? SURE!

I was expecting anything from an ambush , to a renegotiation when I got there, to him changing his mind, him not even being there, etc etc.

BUT, He gave me his name, phone # and address... I handed this info off to a friend in case I was never heard from again.
    I also took a couple friends for muscle, to wait in the car just in case.

But nope, none of that. He was a man of his word and paid me $350 at the door, didnt even ask to see it. (and he didnt have to it was in perfect condition)... Fully trusting.

An exception to the Kijiji rule... go figure.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

^^^ Good for you!!! Eeveryone once in a while they do surprise you LOL.
    Angela273, mulock, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I had a free item on kijiji I didn't want to just throw it in the garbage as it was new but I had no use for it. Two weeks of stupid replies - is it still avail, I really want it but you won't hear from me again, etc. I gave up and posted it on freecycle. A fast reply - would be by on such and such day and time. I left it out on my porch and went about my day. Came home item was gone and a thank you email from this lady.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I had a free item on kijiji I didn't want to just throw it in the garbage as it was new but I had no use for it. Two weeks of stupid replies - is it still avail, I really want it but you won't hear from me again, etc. I gave up and posted it on freecycle. A fast reply - would be by on such and such day and time. I left it out on my porch and went about my day. Came home item was gone and a thank you email from this lady.
    I also posted an ad for a free DeWalt cordless drill with case (no batteries) on Kijiji and also got a bunch of "Is this still available?" emails.....so I updated the ad to "If interested, don't waste your time messaging me.....get over here like a bat out of hell for it before the City snowplow runs it over." It was gone 10 minutes later...
    barbis9, Ciel, GoJays and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What I do, is I pick the postal code for the Tim Hortons or whatever place I plan to meet them. I also don't want weirdos online knowing where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    I'm GUILTY of this one... but with purpose. It's because postal codes can be narrowed down to a few houses for the most part. When I'm selling, I never bring strange Kijiji people to my home. I meet them in a neutral location. I don't want all these freaks (not calling you one) on Kijiji knowing where I live within a few houses.

Now, I dont pick a place across town either, but I appreciate the need to not put your actual postal code.
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Not sure how someone would be able to locate you by a Postal Code, our whole town has the same Postal Code.
    in places with larger density there can be many postal codes. My apartment building has its own entire postal code to itself
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I too use the postal code for a nearby coffee shop. The house next to mine has a different postal code as does the one opposite me (mine is the first house in the new block of the code and is only 3 houses)
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Is anybody in bartering groups?

I find that people lie a lot more than they do when cash is involved. Obvious lies. But they are also more generally likely to meet up because there is no risk of ponying up cash out of pocket

Has anyone noticed this?
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Is anybody in bartering groups?

I find that people lie a lot more than they do when cash is involved. Obvious lies. But they are also more generally likely to meet up because there is no risk of ponying up cash out of pocket

Has anyone noticed this?
    TOgal, sorry to ask, but can you explain a little more about bartering groups?

Thank you
    barbis9, Ciel, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    TOgal, sorry to ask, but can you explain a little more about bartering groups?

Thank you
    Bartering group... as in trade system. "I'll give you X for Y... but we dont exchange cash."

There are sites USUALLY themed to a specific type of item (but not necessarily) for people of like mind want to trade books for more books... video games for other video games... power tools for other power tools... etc.
    barbis9, Ciel, maggiespice and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

2/3 pick-ups came when they said they would today.

The one who texted me, I'll be there shortly, never came...she forgot. She is apparently coming tonight now!!!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    57 (100%)

Dear bored Kijiji person,
    When you message me and offer me less than 1/2 of the asking price for an item I have posted and I say no, don't bother messaging back to say its not worth that because I won't engage. You may move on now, because I have. Thank you and have a nice day.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to bring up a matter is happening recently in my area. There have been a number of people trying to sell their costume jewelry as real gold. The ones getting scammed warning the rest of the community so they can be on alert which I think is the responsible thing to do.

This shows that if you just take the sellers word that what you are buying is real gold then you are taking your chances!!!
    barbis9, Ciel, dededi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So I found a great TV stand on kijiji, awesome price, we arranged for a possible pick up date, exchanged phone numbers, I made arrangements to borrow a truck and than nothing. No answers back to my message, text, etc. yet the item is still posted on kijiji....really????? I asked in the text to let me know either way - nothing. What is wrong with people?
    Ciel, sweetmomma, dededi and 1 others like this.

Page 65 of 71 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread Information