User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Anyone use Arm & Hammer laundry detergent?

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I have a HE washer and Arm & Hammer (every type) works just fine on the clothes, including DH very dirty work clothes. I don't like heavily scented soap and find it quite scented. That being said, I don't buy Gain because it is so scented.
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use it all the time and have for some time. In this house I have to stick with either A&H, or Purex. But I do use A&H more because it doesn't have a strong sent to it. My one son can't have anything that has a strong scent to it due to sensory issues. I do find that my whites do come out nice and bright.
    Not All Disabilities Are Visible. Proud owner of a medical alert wonder pup. (formally a puppy mill pup that was rescued and assists a special needs child)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I found Gain too smelly...we are long-time Tide users, but lately I've been using Purex. It works fine and costs a lot less than Tide. I have to admit, the liquid Tide with Bleach is my favourite product for whitening whites.

NovaScotianCouponer
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you buy the A&H with Oxi Clean in it, only use it for your whites/towels/bedding. I don't know if I just had an "off bottle" (I don't know if there's such thing for laundry detergent) but it completely faded my coloured clothes after only a few washes. I didn't want it to go to waste though so I gave it to my father for his work clothes. (It was a free bottle anyway, from last year's sample source)

I'm a Purex user for life. I got an FPC for Woolite recently and bought a bottle of that as well, and I love it for my bright & dark colours. But it doesn't go on sale often (not around here anyway).
    Last edited by smalltowngirl; Tue, Sep 25th, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
    matrix82 and PammieD like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think I am a purex girl as well. I have bought the woolite dark for my dark clothes, not sure if it makes a difference or not.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

I've been wondering about the A&H with Oxi - good to know that someone's had issues with it fading clothes (since our clothes are about 2:1 darks:lights). Maybe with the baby I'll appreciate some additional 'whitening' power? I was eyeing up the A&H today though because of the $1 off and BOGO coupons I have that expire at the end of the month. Worth the try I guess?

Anyone have more feedback about the Oxi version of it? I usually use Oxi clean or an in-wash booster when I do my lights anyway...does this help eliminate that need? Anyone else find it faded their darks?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

it bleached out my biegy brown clothes - posted about it in a couple of days ago would attach a link but dont know how!
    brand new sheets and towels first time washed got streaked out bleachy looking streaks!

blue clothes not affected

company claims it does not contain bleach

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I've been making my own liquid laundry soap for awhile, and unless you get your detergent free or nearly free all the time, you really can't beat the price.

I'll have to find my cost breakdown after doing the school run lol

~~Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk~~

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Found it quickly actually!

One 3.5 gallon batch (13.5 L) = $1.83 / 112 loads (56 cups using only 1/2 that per load) = $0.016 per load of laundry
    Last edited by KrazE; Mon, Oct 22nd, 2012 at 08:00 AM.
    ZumbaQueen likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

like that math!
    ZumbaQueen likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

do you have a reicpe?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I find it a bit cheap. It's thin, and you have to use more, and it doesn't have any memorable scent. It cleans OK, but nothing fantastic. I find myself using boosters more often with A&H. Its not as good as Tide or Gain, or even Sunlight, however if you a trying to cut corners, it's better than Purex or ABC.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I bought only Tide for 25 years before I began couponing. I now use pretty much whatever I can get for next to nothing. I bought A&H yesterday at London Drugs for 33 cents per jug. I will probably use it mostly for sheets, towels, jeans, t-shirts, etc. I do use better quality detergent for more expensive clothing -- I was lucky to get seven jugs of Woolite dark for free earlier this year -- but generally speaking I don't find that Tide cleaned my clothes any better than A&H or other varieties do. I don't like highly scented detergents because of allergies/sensitivities so the lack of scent doesn't bother me.

I would suggest trying A&H for sheets, towels, etc. as a start/trial program!
    Last edited by DianneS; Sat, Dec 29th, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I found that the smell was too strong and I was allergic to something in it. I had to re-wash all my clothes using my normal detergent because the scent made me sneeze all day, and I got a rash from it.
    PammieD likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We use it all the time b/c it's usually on sale and I can get the most for my dollar for a big tub of it.

We don't have any special washing machine, just a simple top open one. It cleans our clothes really well. It may be of note to mention that I do not use fabric softener with it and I hang dry a lot of our clothing.

I used Purex for the longest time. TIDE I find cleans almost too good in that the it fades my dark clothes much faster.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information