User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Coupon fraudsters ruin it for others at my local Walmart

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Last night I went to my local Walmart in Woodstock and got the shock of my life....My Walmart has always been very coupon friendly and give great awesome service.....they were not like the bigger cities who put a limit of 6 of one kind of coupons per transaction or anything like that....Well I went in last night to purchase some stuff and the cashier told me a limit of six of one kind of coupons after it was all rang in....I said to her since when?...she said since noon of that day....she ended up calling a CSM over and the CSM knew me so she told the cashier to put my order through and take all the coupons anyway.....I thanked her and told her that at least I would know for next time....

The CSM told me that that changed it because the day before someone came in and ripped them off for over 1,700 dollars using coupons.... I asked how they managed to do that...she told me that they used some copied Croger or Kroger coupons as a pricematch...I asked what the heck that was and she told me it was an American store and that the cashier did not know that....so they did the pricematch using the competitor coupons... and then the the person had used fraudulent copied coupons to pay for the stuff and got lots of overage....

I was so floored by this and I told her that this was a thief not a couponer.....the CSM agreed with me and she also agreed that it was not someone from our small area...they get to know all the regular coupons....I am so angry that some idiot ruined it for the rest of us....this also gives people the impression that couponers are scammers and thiefs, which is not true...
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by sharkie; Thu, Nov 1st, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
    glenglen, Mia001, hok2 and 5 others like this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Wow... that is terrible. You are correct, that's a thief and not a couponer.
    glenglen, SFARAZ, ssbean and 1 others like this.
    Jonesy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, that is just terrible
    And I 100% agree, that is a thief and not a couponer

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

it seems that at lot of places we get treated bad enough, but now to have a great store say hey we have to change things because of crooked ones......I will still shop there because I do like the staff but I am disappointed.....the CSM even told me to come to see the manager during by pre Christmas shops for the food bank and local women's shelter and on those days they would more than likely lift the limit for the items meant to go to those places....so at least that is good.....
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Wow. Now THAT is unethical. Unreal.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I was totally floored...i would expect this in the bigger cites but not here....the CSM even told me people like that travel to different places to pass of stuff....this really sucks and the laws need to be changed

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am glad atleast that they are allowing you to use your coupons and not punishing you for the horrid actions of one individual
    glenglen, ssbean and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

that is what I like about our Walmart here.....they are so great to their customers....I feel bad this happened to them....
    glenglen and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That is awful and it ruins it for others honestly using coupons. I know at my walmart sometimes I feel like a thief when using one coupon because they scuitinize it so closely. I guess they have to because of dishonest people. I don't even bother with printable coupons, sometimes even save.ca coupons there is a store which won't take the mailable coupon.
    glenglen, ssbean and sharkie like this.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    That is awful and it ruins it for others honestly using coupons. I know at my walmart sometimes I feel like a thief when using one coupon because they scuitinize it so closely. I guess they have to because of dishonest people. I don't even bother with printable coupons, sometimes even save.ca coupons there is a store which won't take the mailable coupon.

I have actually already had a problem with save.ca and websaver ones at Freshco...they were not copied and they were directly from the website...Freshco would not take them they said they were getting to many fraudulent ones.....it is getting harder and harder to coupon...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm actually a big believer in stores setting limits. It helps to protect stores from situations like this and it helps to make sure there's enough in stock for everyone. I just wish they would do it before stuff like this happens and do it consistently and clearly instead of springing it on customers when they are at the cash. I'm glad they treated you with respect and tried to work things out with you instead of taking out their frustrations on you.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    I'm actually a big believer in stores setting limits. It helps to protect stores from situations like this and it helps to make sure there's enough in stock for everyone. I just wish they would do it before stuff like this happens and do it consistently and clearly instead of springing it on customers when they are at the cash. I'm glad they treated you with respect and tried to work things out with you instead of taking out their frustrations on you.

I am all for their being limits but this had nothing to do with people clearing the shelves....in my area there is not a lot of couponers and my Walmart is always good for their stock...but the fact that someone committed fraud and that is what changes it for the rest of us..that makes me so angry....
    Last edited by sharkie; Thu, Nov 1st, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
    glenglen, ssbean and EricsMom like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

corrupt dirtbags will use any oppurtunity to pull a fast one.

it's sad that the store lost so much, and that it ended up changing things for the other honest ppl who are just trying to make ends meet.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    corrupt dirtbags will use any oppurtunity to pull a fast one.

it's sad that the store lost so much, and that it ended up changing things for the other honest ppl who are just trying to make ends meet.

they are dirtbags..that is for sure.....when people hear these stories they think that it is coponers doing this and that we are corrupt....the reality is there are dirtbags posing as couponers

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I read somewhere that apparently There is 400 million dollars of coupon fraud every year in US alone
    glenglen, ssbean, sharkie and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information