User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes

Thread: Coupon fraudsters ruin it for others at my local Walmart

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's terribly unethical!!!

Glad they know who you were and took your coupons anyway.

Unfortunately this one I think is partly the cashier's mistake. If you (universal you) ever go shopping, or pay attention to stores at all, wouldn't you know Kroger is only a US chain? Certainly not trying to say anything bad about cashiers, but this one seems to be common sense to me... I imagine the cashier had to read the coupon in order to 'price match' - wouldn't it say somewhere 'Valid only in the USA' ??
    I don't know. Terrible all around, no matter how you look at it.

Fraud is bound to happen in any industry. Just have to be on the lookout for the shiesters.
    Getting back into trading - see my Trade and Wish Lists (under 'About Me' tab)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

This is totally theft and fraud. I hope they have this person on camera and call the cops. They usually save those videos for a few weeks.

But it sounds like rather than limiting the people they already know, they should train their cashiers to not PM some random stores that people never heard of. Sounds to me like they may need to investigate the cashier too. She/he could be totally innocent and been scammed themselves but best to check these kinds of things. My mom was scammed out of a $350 GC from some cashier in Vancouver and the only way it could have happened was if the cashier was in on it. She got the money back because they saw the cashier in Vancouver had to be in on the scam. It happens
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Nov 1st, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
    glenglen, ssbean, EricsMom and 2 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What I don't understand about this whole thing is long before the PMing and coupons hit the $1700 mark, why didn't the cashier simply stop and start analyzing things???? I mean I can get if it was like a much smaller amount, but $1700!!! Really!!!???

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maggiespice View Post
    What I don't understand about this whole thing is long before the PMing and coupons hit the $1700 mark, why didn't the cashier simply stop and start analyzing things???? I mean I can get if it was like a much smaller amount, but $1700!!! Really!!!???
    apparantly she did it in different transactions that day...
    ssbean likes this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Really hope this other rant is unrelated: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/325620-...e-line-canada/
    glenglen, ssbean and sharkie like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    I am all for their being limits but this had nothing to do with people clearing the shelves....in my area there is not a lot of couponers and my Walmart is always good for their stock...but the fact that someone committed fraud and that is what changes it for the rest of us..that makes me so angry....
    I agree. I was saying limits are a good thing for preventing large-scale fraud in the first place and also for preventing shelf-clearing. I got that this had nothing to do with shelf-clearing. It's just an additional reason why limits are good for everyone and not just for the stores. It looks like enforcing limits might not have helped anyway though if she did a lot of transactions.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's terrible! However, staff should know enough about the stores in their area/city to realize that was wrong.
    hollyquaiscer, ssbean and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

very sad....those bad apples ruin everything for us couponers....

agreed, they are not couponers but they sure gives us a bad reputation
    Last edited by Mia001; Thu, Nov 1st, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Natalka, ssbean and sharkie like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

Crazy!that's out right theft, and they should have checked alot better at the flyer.
    ssbean and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Really hope this other rant is unrelated: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/325620-...e-line-canada/

it was not related since that happened in Brampton and mine is in Woodstock, but it goes to show you it happens everywhere
    ssbean likes this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by glenglen View Post
    Crazy!that's out right theft, and they should have checked alot better at the flyer.
    I totally agree...the person should be charged for what they did....
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Most WM's only price match stores in the local area, whether or not the cashier new Kroger's was a USA chain, she SHOULD have known it's not a local store. I feel bad for the store, and yes it ruins it for everyone, but really, who trains these staff?

Limits are a good thing and if stores don't have them, I can see it happening real soon. Here in Florida, every store I have been in either has a limit on the quantity you can purchase (either with or without a coupon) or the coupon has the wording that says 4 (or 6) like coupons per transaction. I can see that wording making it's way to Canadian coupons shortly too.

There are always bad apples out there that will figure a way to cheat the system, so the stores need to be more vigilant in updating and teaching staff.
    hok2, ssbean and sharkie like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Most WM's only price match stores in the local area, whether or not the cashier new Kroger's was a USA chain, she SHOULD have known it's not a local store. I feel bad for the store, and yes it ruins it for everyone, but really, who trains these staff?

Limits are a good thing and if stores don't have them, I can see it happening real soon. Here in Florida, every store I have been in either has a limit on the quantity you can purchase (either with or without a coupon) or the coupon has the wording that says 4 (or 6) like coupons per transaction. I can see that wording making it's way to Canadian coupons shortly too.

There are always bad apples out there that will figure a way to cheat the system, so the stores need to be more vigilant in updating and teaching staff.
    I totally agree with you....
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

Awwww, that's crappy cause the Woodstock store is my Walmart too! BOOoooo to the scammer for ruining it for us. They are always so good about coupons and price matching in that store.. I hope it remains good for the rest of us who don't abuse the system.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maribel View Post
    Awwww, that's crappy cause the Woodstock store is my Walmart too! BOOoooo to the scammer for ruining it for us. They are always so good about coupons and price matching in that store.. I hope it remains good for the rest of us who don't abuse the system.
    it was the best store..now sadly they have to change the rules
    ssbean likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information