User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree358Likes

Thread: 2013 Christmas AA Club

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Went to WM yesterday with the family, picked up jug/juice dispenser on for $9.99 instead of $20.00 going to start using this for dh's Christmas Punch (see below) - also going to get to use it in the summer (lol) the price was right!!

Also picked up some beautiful wine bags 2 for $1.00 on for .50 so .25 each, made sure to get some that were not so Christmasy for gift giving all year round (I make homemade wine, well not exactly - the wine store does (lol).

Also picked up a few larger gift bags reg. $1.00 on for .50 they are so cute and dh got a back massager/heated pad for his back (had an operation a few years back and it always hurts)

Planning on going back out today once dh comes home from his errands, hope the roads are good, it's been snowing for over a week.

And of course I used up my 40 coupons Kellogg's Promo - thanks to my trades with Mrs. Roberts & especially AmandaPantz wee purchased 40 toys = 40 coupons = $400.00, + saved over $322.00 because of the beyblade, Nerf products & Little Pet Shops sales that were already on at TOYSR US only paid $95 and change for all these great toys that we are going to donate later this year.

Will post picture later today.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    And of course I used up my 40 coupons Kellogg's Promo - thanks to my trades with Mrs. Roberts & especially AmandaPantz wee purchased 40 toys = 40 coupons = $400.00, + saved over $322.00 because of the beyblade, Nerf products & Little Pet Shops sales that were already on at TOYSR US only paid $95 and change for all these great toys that we are going to donate later this year.
    Christmas 2013 shopping -- done and done!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

OMG, NOW you get to relax for the next 358 days and enjoy this thread with no pressure (lol) - great for you, what didn't you BUY?

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Christmas 2013 shopping -- done and done!
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bgheuchert View Post
    So I make homemade soap, and right now I am cooking up my first laundry bar batch, we will see how it turns out, I have wanted to make this for a while (homemade laundry detergent can be SO GOOD and even cheaper than couponing it unless you are getting it for free), I am not sure if people would want that as a gift though, maybe packaged properly, what do you guys think!?
    I think it would make a great gift, very unique as well.Wrapped in parchment with some raffia with instructions would make a really nice surprise for someone!! I love laundry bars for stain removal just dampen the stain and rub the bar directly on the stain, works very well.
    Angela273, macw1960 and bgheuchert like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

how are you making hte laundry bars?
    bgheuchert likes this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    how are you making hte laundry bars?
    I learned all of my soap making skills from www.chickensintheroad.com, that is where I got the recipe for the Laundry Bars as well. Enjoy! Also where I learned to make homemade vanilla and many other fab things!
    Giseledta and Giving-Small like this.
    www.facebook.com/perduemassageclinic good things come to those who like my page

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thanks!!!
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    80 (99%)

Love the new thread!!!
    I'm definitely missing the holidays. Christmas is my fave time of the year (a bit obsessed), hubby enjoys it very much as well and knows what a christmasaholic I am lol. All decor and tree go up Nov. 1! I already have a ton of stuff already purchased. I picked up a lot of christmas cards last year (75% off at Walmart), beautiful cards for less then $2.00 a box so I don't need to worry about getting them this year. I must say I'm quite disappointed this year with Walmart and winners/homesense, they tend to have a ton of stuff left over but I can't find nearly as much as I did in the past few years! I need to stock up on wrapping paper at WL and I'm waiting for the items to be marked down to 75% instead of the 50% right now, and I can't believe how little is left!!! Last year their was an aisle FULL of wrapping paper this year theirs only 6 boxes full, picked up 8 rolls since their weren't many pretty ones left in case their all gone before the 75% rolls around. I also get a ton of goodies at winners/homesense (cookie boxes, candies, tea bags, etc.), all in beautiful holiday boxes/packaging at about 80%-90% off (all expire late 2014). I make a ton of baskets throughout the holidays for friends and family, these goodies make the baskets look awesome and super expensive! Already have 3 bins full of basket goodies. YAY for 2013 christmas

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

what do you put into your baskets?
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    80 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    what do you put into your baskets?
    Cookies, candies, tea bags, coffee (beans or ground), hot cocoa powder, hot chocolate powders, torrone, the list goes on. I find a lot of beautiful gourmet things, this year I found a circular tube filled with cupcake mix and on top was a a little box of cupcake papers all tied together with ribbon and looked super pretty. It would even be great as a gift on its own for a neighbour or teacher, it was $12.99 marked down to $2.80. I also found a beautiful rectangle boxes with windows at the front showing the products, which was a jar of gingerbread dip and a bag of pretzels on top. That was $14.99 marked down to $4.00. A lot of great finds, and when you think theirs not much left over and go back again you'll find a whole new variety of marked down goodies. Last year I found a lot more kitchen goodies, christmas inspired glass cutting boards, dishes, clothes, Tupperware, and more. This year I only found an apron $14.99 down to $3.00 and two dishes (platters) $14.99 down to $4.00 and $7.99 down to $2.10.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Picked up some more stocking stuffers today at Shoppers! May have to buy another storage tote!!
    bgheuchert likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Bought two packages of Martha Stewart 6-packs of red & white striped cardboard loaf pans (complete with cellophane bags, ribbon & tags) for baking I will give away next Christmas. It worked out to $6 for the whole works -- 70% off. I also bought a variety of fancy Christmas sprinkles (Wilton) for my own use and for stocking stuffers. They were 70% off as well. I would never spend $30 on sprinkles but $9 works for me! Last, and most certainly not least, I bought a set of 40 driver bits for my son's stocking....regular $55 on sale for $10. I dread doing his stocking....a 20 year old male is impossible to buy for....so I am happy to have an early start and may end up doing a "tool basics" themed stocking for him.
    bgheuchert and thriftygranny like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I did not find a huge amount of clearance stuff at shoppers, have not been able to do much shopping but I found some clearance wrapping paper and bows at walmart. I still have a couple gifts leftover that did not get given away this year. I was in the hospital shortly before Christmas and was soooooo thankful I had started my shopping on boxing day!!! I am hoping to hit downtown on the weekend see if there is anything left out there!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I ended up buying my wrapping paper at SDM. It was 50 percent off, not as good as 75, but I am happy with the patterns.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Aren't the Martha Stewart baking containers great! I used them this year for baking and loved them, I didn't find any after Christmas this year but did find some really pretty ones in another brand at Winners. Hope they work as well!! The tool theme is a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Bought two packages of Martha Stewart 6-packs of red & white striped cardboard loaf pans (complete with cellophane bags, ribbon & tags) for baking I will give away next Christmas. It worked out to $6 for the whole works -- 70% off. I also bought a variety of fancy Christmas sprinkles (Wilton) for my own use and for stocking stuffers. They were 70% off as well. I would never spend $30 on sprinkles but $9 works for me! Last, and most certainly not least, I bought a set of 40 driver bits for my son's stocking....regular $55 on sale for $10. I dread doing his stocking....a 20 year old male is impossible to buy for....so I am happy to have an early start and may end up doing a "tool basics" themed stocking for him.
    DianneS likes this.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information