User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By GNGiveaways
  • 1 Post By colourcube

Thread: Baby Bullet

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Anyone have one? Would you recommend it for making baby food? Pros and cons?

I'm using my blender right now to make baby food and it sucks!!! Maybe I just have a crappy blender but it I'm getting frustrated with it, lol. So debating getting a baby bullet....I really wanted one when I was pregnant but heard a blender is just as good but it doesn't seem to be cutting it for me.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I didn't personally use the baby bullet but I did use the regular bullet to make baby food and it worked great so I would assume that the baby bullet would do just as well

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have used the Magic Bullet and...well...I hated it. Flat out hated it. Unless you're adding a ton of liquid to what you're trying to puree don't even bother. Everything just sticks to the bottom. I've heard many people have had success with both but...I don't know. I wasn't a fan. I would suggest just use a regular food processor. I have a small one by Proctor and Silex and it's fantastic! Chops up everything in seconds.

Also, congrats on making your own baby food! So nice to see parents still doing this.
    angel_2011, Brooke_ and Venuila like this.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

I ended up getting a Magic Bullet, and it works wayyy better than my blender. But I do agree with you, everything does stick to the bottom. It is a lot easier to fix that problem with the bullet than getting angry at the blender tho, lol.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I used to cook my daughters food in a steamer and then mash it up with a Kitchenaid hand blender. Loved it to pieces.
    Candini likes this.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I had a baby bullet and thought it was okay. If you don't need the spatula/baby food containers it would be cheaper just to buy a regular magic bullet.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would just recommend the original Magic Bullet. It does the same thing.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Venuila View Post
    I ended up getting a Magic Bullet, and it works wayyy better than my blender. But I do agree with you, everything does stick to the bottom. It is a lot easier to fix that problem with the bullet than getting angry at the blender tho, lol.
    I agree. Blenders aren't very good for making purees. Excellent for soups though. Mmmm soup.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I had a hand blender that worked great for baby food, but like others have said, works better with more liquid. I've read that a food mill works great too, about $25 for a decent one. Once they're a bit older, babies they don't need everything pureed anyhow, mashing with a fork, etc. works. I wouldn't bother buying an expensive thing just for baby food.

I still use my hand blender, made potato soup in my crockpot yesterday and whizzed it with that right in the pot, works great. Also handy for hiding veggies in spaghetti sauce, etc. for picky children.

Trading Score
    133 (100%)

I used my no name magic bullet and it worked great!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I steamed veggies for DD then just mashed it with a fork lol

Trading Score
    102 (97%)

I used this religiously for 6 months, until it broke.
    It is a wonderful product for making baby food, but it does break after the warrant (6 months) is up.
    FT: TONS of $1 Unilever Icecream,including BREYERS! EXP: AUG 31ST!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

We had this, it lasted 3 months before it broke(maybe used 2 times a week). Contacted them, they wouldn't do anything for me except sell me a replacement because I didn't have the receipt(it was a gift and never got one) and my serial number showed it was manufactuered a year and 2 days before I contacted them so it was out of warranty. I also found the trays and cups that came with it, weren't big enough once the baby starts eating more than a few bites at a time. Anyway I ended up getting baby cubes(which I hated because the lids always popped open in the freezer and freezer burned the food) and a food processor from Munchkin at Walmart, I've had it almost a year and it works way better than than the baby bullet, plus you don't have to twist the bullet, you just press a button.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Munchkin-F...Maker/22879307
    Couldn't find it on the Canadian Walmart site but I got it at Walmart in the baby department and it was 18xx.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We bought a baby bullet. Our LO only had home made food. He has never even tried the jarred stuff. I have used it to puree bananas and avocados for baking. We still use the little cups that come with it. I put his finger foods in the containers and adjust the date. We found it to be a good investment.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Thread Information