User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is new Target RBC MasterCard good news for Canucks?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - 5% rewards are attractive

1 25.00%
  • NO - Target stores are too far away

1 25.00%
  • YES - Will force Cdn retailers to improve their rewards

0 0%
  • NO - Target Canada prices will still be higher than in U.S.

2 50.00%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Official Credit Card Info/Sign Up Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

While we have your attention, SCers with BMO bank accounts, note some changes taking effect on May 1 to BMO banking agreements, chip technology, etc.
    http://www.bmo.com/home/personal/ban...nts/agreements
    I went and closed my account after this change as the minimum monthly balance requirement is now $2500. They tried to convince me that an extra $500 won't make much of a difference in lost interest, but I told them that it used to be $1500, then $2000, now $2500.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by travelgeek View Post
    I went and closed my account after this change as the minimum monthly balance requirement is now $2500. They tried to convince me that an extra $500 won't make much of a difference in lost interest, but I told them that it used to be $1500, then $2000, now $2500.
    It used to be $ 1,000 for me , ridiculous Nickle and Diming by these Big 5 guys.

PC Financial and Tangerine is the way to go, although they are affiliated with the Big 5 anyways

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If anyone needs a referral. Feel free to use mine. See signature below.

This really is a great deal. Need a couple more referrals. And I should be able to go to Malta for almost free!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Has anyone used these yet? The visa or chequing account?
    Interested in the incentives..

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you are NOT a CIBC client, you MUST become one!! If you get the new Tim Hortons Visa card AND open up a bank account, set up payments, etc...you can earn up to $400 cash!! Unfortunately for me, I am already a CIBC client so the incentive doesn't apply to me

And if you have ordered the CIBC Tim Hortons Visa Card and have been wondering where it is, don't worry. If you were approved, it's on its way! I received an email from CIBC that they have been inundated with applications so in my email, they said it was approved but that it will take a while to get to me.

I can't wait to get it - 1% cashback at Tim Hortons on ALL purchases I make and NO annual fee!

www.cibc.com for more information!

Whoo hoo!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

American Express has an awesome Friends & Family promotion.

This is the first travel rewards card that enticed me to sign-up and share with my friends and family. Normally, since these miles are so rewarding, they take years to accumulate, but with this deal, you get enough miles for a free flight anywhere in North America.

American Express is offering 30,000 free Aeroplan bonus miles when you sign-up for their AeroplanPlus Gold Card! You only need 30,000 miles for (2) round-trip short haul flights, or 25,000 miles for a free round-trip flight to anywhere in North America! They’re also waiving the annual fee for the first year ($120 value) which means there’s zero cost to you making this an unbelievable freebie! All you need to do is charge $500 in purchases to your card within the first three months of card membership.

The deal gets even better when you consider that if you refer someone else to sign up for this card, you earn an additional 10,000 miles. There is no limit to what you can earn. You’ll get your own referral link after you sign-up and activate the card. People will want to use your referral link because they’ll get 30,000 miles with your link vs only 25,000 miles if they sign-up directly through Amex.

If you’re not planning any travel, you can use the miles to buy merchandise – including gift cards. 30,000 miles can get you at least $200 worth of gift cards!

Remember, the first year is absolutely free, so if you decide the card is not for you, just cancel it and you get to keep the 30,000 free Aeroplan miles!

This exclusive offer is valid for Canadians only.
    Last edited by Drew; Wed, Aug 27th, 2014 at 02:16 PM.
    BuckShotMcCoy likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

UPDATE: There has been a change to American Express Friends & Family promotion.

Their offer is subject to change at any time and it seems that it has changed. They are now offering 26,000 free Aeroplan bonus miles when you sign-up for their AMEX AeroplanPlus Gold Card.

I hope that if you were interested in the card, you had a chance to sign up while it was still offering 30,000 bonus miles. While 30,000 bonus miles is an incredible deal, 26,000 miles is still enough for a free round-trip flight to anywhere in North America or $200 in gift cards so it’s still a great deal, just not as good as it used to be.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

More changes to the American Express Friends & Family promotion .... the first year fee is no longer waived.

FLA
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

AMEX Canada Personal Gold Rewards Card, 25,000 bonus points and First Year Free!

• 25,000 MR points after $500 in purchases within first 3 months
    • Earn 2 points for every $1 in eligible gas, grocery and drugstores in Canada. Earn 2 points for every $1 in eligible travel purchases. Earn one point for every $1 in Card purchases everywhere else.
    • Transfer your points to Aeroplan and BA Avios 1:1.
    • Free Out of province emergency medical insurance and other travel insurances for you and your family.
    AMEX Canada Platinum Card, 60,000 bonus points and $200 travel credit

• 60,000 MR points after $1,000 in purchases within the first three months.
    • Access to over 600 airport lounges world-wide. Earn 1.25 MR points for every dollar in purchases.
    • Extensive travel benefits, including a $200 Annual Travel Credit ($400 over 12 months period).

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    More changes to the American Express Friends & Family promotion .... the first year fee is no longer waived.
    wow, that's a big turn-off
    I hope they don't do the same for AMEX GOLD

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

In January, Costco will no longer be accepting AMEX, which is the main reason I got the card, to use at Costco. So we'll be cancelling ours soon.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just discovered ratesupermarket.ca and they have a promo for a free $100 gift card when you apply for a scotiabank credit card. So I applied and got approved and I chose a starbucks gift card. This came at a very useful time for me since my semester fees are due lol and now I have my coffee covered for the year! This is amazing news for a student. Go to ratesupermarket to sign up if you're interested.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello!

Want to make an extra $50 plus a bonus $25 ??

1) Open up a Tangerine bank account (at tangerine.ca) and use my Orange Key Code: 43067300S1 when you sign up with Tangerine.

2) Then make a $100 deposit into your new Tangerine account.
    This has to either be $100 personal cheque to yourself. If you do not have a cheque book and are with RBC then you can go to a teller and ask them for a day to day cheque and they will give you one cheque for free. If you do not have a cheque book and are not with RBC you can go to Tangerine's branch in downtown Toronto or Markham with $100 cash to deposit into your account.

You have to use an Orange Key to get the extra $50 when you sign up and make a $100 deposit. So please use my Orange Key!

When you sign up and use my code, and make a $100 deposit, Tangerine will give you an extra $50 for having used my code 43067300S1.

3) Once you open the account, just make a $100 deposit by downloading the Tangerine App onto your smartphone or tablet, then taking a picture of a $100 cheque made out to yourself (use a cheque form your current bank). If you don't have a smartphone or tablet, you can always mail Tangerine a cheque of $100 made out to yourself.

When you become a client, you will then get your own Orange Key and you can start referring other people to open up their own accounts with Tangerine. From now until March 31, 2015, every time someone opens a Tangerine account using your Orange Key, and deposits $100, you will get $50 for referring that person (normally you would only get $25).

So suppose you open up an account (you will get $50 bonus) and refer the first person (you will get $50), then refer a second person (another $50), and a third person (again $50). PLUS, with the third person you refer you get a bonus $100!!
    So with 3 people referred it's $50+$50+$50+$50+$100=$300!!

BONUS: If you use my Orange Key, I will send you $20 into your Tangerine account by email money transfer. Just message me when you have set up an account.

Check out Tangerine's website if you have any more questions about their banking services and promotions. Feel free to PM me.

Thanks!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All details should be showing on my signature now too. Feel free to ask me anything and help a recent student grad out.

Thank you!
    Open a Tangerine account (tangerine.ca) using my Orange key: 43067085S1 and you will earn $50 from Tangerine.
    Plus I will send you MORE money once your account is active!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information