Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By niro_anan
  • 1 Post By web3
  • 2 Post By niro_anan
  • 1 Post By ColleenMGorecki
  • 1 Post By web3
  • 1 Post By SharonMe
  • 1 Post By oscarandme

Thread: I feel better to shop deals BRAG , pic included :)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

So I'm sick....i should shut myself in and let the cold take over me and then leave when it wants... right? NO ... can't since I ruined my long weekend already .. what happened? Did the long weekend pass already? I got sick on Friday and from there I SHOULD have been acting like a sick person but i ate burgers and pasta and pizza and cake and here I am .. FEEELING BETTER

Well I was wondering about my coupon binder today...when will i ever buy it and when will i organize it ..So far my ENTIRE stash of coupons is in 1 storage box (which I got for free from CT scratch card event :D ) a little bit bigger than my hand and it sucks. I dont take it with me. I did one day and it was so boxy that I kept it in my backpack and forget i brought it... For those who posted or read . I started a coupon binder brag to see what kind of neat ideas other people had at organization ,etc and trust me ..for those that didn't read it . I got loads of ideas and had to slap myself and remind myself that i can only have 1 BINDER.. i don't need 100 binders..but looking at everyone's ideas gave me little better organization skills.

So here is the start of my new coupon binder.. yes I spent money BUT it was on sale and I couldnt miss this oppurtunity

I looked at Staples.ca and they had the hilroy mini binder on sale+ sheet protectors+ paper= SALEEEEEEEE PRICE RATHER THAN REGULAR??
    I know I was going to end up buying those items and I waited for god knows what reason because I don't .. and they ALL went on sale? on a random day I decide to check..and the sad thing is sale is ending today APRIL 2nd .
    So page protectors were out of stock... BOO and shipping was $15 BOOOOO
    http://www.staples.ca/en/Avery-5-1-2...3_2-CA_1_20001
    http://www.staples.ca/en/Hilroy-5-1-...0_2-CA_1_20001
    http://www.staples.ca/en/Avery-5-1-2...nalize=certona

There was no way im paying $15 for shipping , then there comes the FREE shipping on order over $20 .. yeah well I was almost there before the page protectors went out of stock and I only had $11 in my cart...
    So I did what a sane person who isnt running around like a chicken without a head should do
    I called the closest Staples told them page protectors was out of stock and if they could price match. GUESS WHAT THEY WOULD! WOOOO but then i thought. wait now I have to buy the rest online and still pay $15 shipping and just buy the binder and paper. WELL I asked before I hung up ..you know I have some other stuff in my cart and would I be able to get it instore instead of buying online since id have to pay $15 in shipping.
    He agreed and I frolicked over to Staples and here is what I bought

1x Hilroy Mini zip binder Reg 9.92-1.98 = 7.94
    1X 100 pk paper reg 3.49 -.70 = $2.79
    3x 15pk page protector Reg $5.46 - 1.89 =$3.57
    1x 1/2 page 5pk pocket tab reg 1.99? on sale for .97
    1x 5pk pocket tab reg $3 on sale .97 ( I bought this exact same thing a few weeks ago at another staples for 1.97 and it said it was reg $3 and on sale 1.97 hence the reason I bought it then and when i saw this... I got it because I could get this one and the above tab for the same price I paid earlier at staples.. needless to say I have the reciept and will return the earlier purchased one)

My total was $26.42 and I saved 8.35 from Price matching online and returning the earlier bought item when I bought 2 for that same price :D

Common its staples.. sometimes its hard to wait for the GOOD sales
    Also you might think im nuts for buying FULLL page .. page protecters but I'm going to try a DIY pocket page protector project. I shall let you know how it turns out
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, Guess, Staples

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Good stuff! It's so nice to be organized!
    I have used the full page protectors- cut them in thirds horizontally, tape the bottom of each third to form a pocket, then tape only the back side to form one full page, and the front should have three pockets Great for the larger coupons.
    Now you just have to fill it!
    niro_anan likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Love the DIY , The one im going to be doing is taking a full page protector and using a wood burning tool and dotting the page protector. The heat will make little circles and glue the 2 together and seperate it from the rest of the protector. I'm abit crazy about neat and looking nice so I skipped the other one where you can just just your sewing machine to run a line through it and close off from the rest of the page. If my first one fails .. time to pull out my sewing machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by web3 View Post
    Good stuff! It's so nice to be organized!
    I have used the full page protectors- cut them in thirds horizontally, tape the bottom of each third to form a pocket, then tape only the back side to form one full page, and the front should have three pockets Great for the larger coupons.
    Now you just have to fill it!
    thriftygranny and oscarandme like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Great idea, thanks for sharing. Now waiting to see the finished product
    niro_anan likes this.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by niro_anan View Post
    Love the DIY , The one im going to be doing is taking a full page protector and using a wood burning tool and dotting the page protector. The heat will make little circles and glue the 2 together and seperate it from the rest of the protector. I'm abit crazy about neat and looking nice so I skipped the other one where you can just just your sewing machine to run a line through it and close off from the rest of the page. If my first one fails .. time to pull out my sewing machine.
    ohh that's a good idea! Less time consuming but I don't have a wood burner. Sewing machine would look sharp too
    niro_anan likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I'm glad you got some deals on this.
    If I hadn't bought already, I'd go with this binder too. Looks great!
    niro_anan likes this.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

niro_anan!

That's great and I'm glad you are feeling better. I find each system needs to work for you and you only. In my case I have no memory anymore and I need to be organized and when DH says do you need anything or there is a sale on...get the coupons...I orgnaize for two. I have binders , plastic sheets with scotch tape at the rim of the coupon so if someone received coupons from me that is why. If I have a few more they go in the inside of plastic protectors with ofcourse an index at each begining of binders and page titles so if I have new ones I just slip in front page till I have time to file away. I would love to have a little purse and just know whatI have, not happening over here. And without fail I have tried to bring just what I needed also big mistake for me. So you might try a few systems but it just might be trial and error. Glad the meicinal purposes of Bugers and Pizza kicked in and you are better. Good luck!
    Last edited by oscarandme; Wed, Apr 3rd, 2013 at 11:30 PM.
    niro_anan likes this.

hopesdreams
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Nice deals. Coupon shopping is better if your organized. Thanks for sharing!
    Do onto others as you wish done to you.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/hopesdreams

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Love the creativity! Great deals too. Yes, take a picture of the finished project. Thank you for posting.
    freedomslink.com , a cool homepage!

Thread Information