• 1 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By luckbealady
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By GatineauGirl

Thread: Keep PM in Mind When Buying Your Garden Supplies

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Remember that PMing your gardening supplies can be a great idea!

For example:
    If you're buying bags of mulch, remember that Canadian Tire price matches - and you get 10% of the lower price back in CT cash!

From what I've seen, Walmart sells the red Scott's mulch (I don't remember the exact name) for $6.47. CT sells it for $7.99 (same size bag of 56.6L). So you can PM it and not only get the lower price, but some money back.

You DO NOT need a flyer to PM at CT, and it DOES NOT have to be on sale. The WM price is listed online, and CT will call your local WM to check on stock. As long as it's in stock, you should have no issues getting the PM.

This is good to keep in mind for other gardening things too - I've had great experiences PMing at CT, and the money back is great (even if it is just CT cash)
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Walmart

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

You might want to see if your municipality offers residents free compost or mulch (yes, there should be plenty of wood chips this spring-Hamilton!). Check websites or community papers for dates/times for when you can bring shovels and buckets to collect the compost or mulch.
    luckbealady likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Remember that PMing your gardening supplies can be a great idea!

For example:
    If you're buying bags of mulch, remember that Canadian Tire price matches - and you get 10% of the lower price back in CT cash!

From what I've seen, Walmart sells the red Scott's mulch (I don't remember the exact name) for $6.47. CT sells it for $7.99 (same size bag of 56.6L). So you can PM it and not only get the lower price, but some money back.

You DO NOT need a flyer to PM at CT, and it DOES NOT have to be on sale. The WM price is listed online, and CT will call your local WM to check on stock. As long as it's in stock, you should have no issues getting the PM.

This is good to keep in mind for other gardening things too - I've had great experiences PMing at CT, and the money back is great (even if it is just CT cash)
    Thanks for this reminder.
    I know the mulch was just an example.
    Just to add, if it's o.k., mulch can be had for $1.94 per bag, at the end of June or beginning of July -- grocery garden centres close at that time.
    Ciel and luckbealady like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Thanks for this reminder.
    I know the mulch was just an example.
    Just to add, if it's o.k., mulch can be had for $1.94 per bag, at the end of June or beginning of July -- grocery garden centres close at that time.
    Oh definitely. Walmart currently has a 57L bag of red mulch for $3.49 (I don't know the wood type).
    We've gotten free natural mulch, as well as bought cheap red mulch from the municipality in the past, and we won't do it again. I'm sure many places do a great job, but the pieces were huge, and there was a lot of sticks and pieces of plastic in it.
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Oh definitely. Walmart currently has a 57L bag of red mulch for $3.49 (I don't know the wood type).
    We've gotten free natural mulch, as well as bought cheap red mulch from the municipality in the past, and we won't do it again. I'm sure many places do a great job, but the pieces were huge, and there was a lot of sticks and pieces of plastic in it.
    Thanks again for this thread.
    Will be a great garden season for SC who read this and price match.
    Yay for Spring!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't know about this, luckbealady....thanks for posting!
    Ciel and luckbealady like this.

Thread Information