User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Does your Shoppers?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

give you overage?
    let you use shoppers personal coupon and a manuf. coupon on the same item?
    let you buy gift cards with personal offers, ie spend 60 get 10 off?
    if your coupon is limit one per person do they let you buy more than one in the same transaction?

If you can answer yes do you feel this is proper coupon etiquette or morally right based on their coupon policy?
    If you ask the cashier or manager "can I...?" or "is it OK...?" or "will you or the system accept...?", and you are allowed
    or it lets you - Are you willing to share your shoppers location?

Perhaps many of us are misunderstanding their policies. Many of these recent brags and deals are very tempting and
    perhaps worth the drive to these locations.

I for one will be calling head office and the queen/kennedy and queen/chinguacousy stores to verify before I make the drive.

Please don't misunderstand this as "negative" or to "ruin" your deals, this is to clarify and allow all of us to share and participate
    in the one thing we all have in common - Saving money!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    sam786, Karlina, Cata and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Here are my responses to your questions:
    Overages: never at any SDM location I have ever shopped at
    SDM + manu coupon: have yet to try this one
    GCs: have not received this type of offer, but would be willing to try on SDM GCs
    Coupon limit: I have done multiple transactions (up to 3). Super important not to misuse the privilege of these awesome coupons!

I find that these policies are left up to interpretation and it will vary on location. I have called head office and they have informed me that the stores have final say on what they are willing to accept. So, you will need to abide by couponing rules set by the management at your store. I suggest you call the locations closest to you and see what the manager tells you, good luck!
    sam786 and Cata like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

For the two SDMs closest to me, the answer to all the questions is No.
    Karlina and Cata like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Overages: depends on cashier
    SDM + Manufacturers coupon: SDM coupon must be a point coupon only
    No to the gift card question
    Every SDM coupon is different. You can try multiples on $off or pay this amount at the cash register.
    My area SDM stores are strict about coupons and the staff complain about customers yelling at them.
    This is a reply from SDM about multiples.

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us. Typically, e-mail and direct coupons can only be used once on one item. If the coupon applies to the whole purchase, these can only be used once and not in conjunction with any other coupon that applies to the whole purchase. If the coupon or promotion is received by e-mail, it may only be printed and used once. If the same coupon is printed and used more than once, the bonus points would only be awarded for the first use of the coupon. This is only a rule of thumb, for the best information with regards to the terms of use of any particular coupon, we would suggest reading the terms and conditions on the coupons you intend to use for this information.
    Last edited by sirandrewr; Fri, Jun 27th, 2014 at 12:46 PM.
    Decaf, Karlina and Cata like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No overage here - can't even use a coupon which is a penny over the item, and they won't adjust coupon either.
    I've never tried to double up on coupons.
    I don't buy gift cards, so don't know what's up with that.

As for one per person - doesn't matter if the coupon says it or not, ours only allows you to use one coupon - for example, if I'm buying two packs of TP, I can only use a coupon for one of them.
    Karlina and Cata like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

multiples yes
    combining depends on the cashier
    overages and GCs no
    Natalka and Cata like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

give you overage?
    -My shoppers it depends on the cashier, they would never hand me cash back, but like when the Reach toothbrushes were 88 cents and I used dollar off coupons they gave me a dollar off instead of 88 cents.
    -No not when they are both dollars off, if one is points though they sometimes do
    -I think the staff at my Shoppers would say 'Nice try'.

I literally have seen cashiers who I don't think can read so you could probably get them to ring in anything if I am being honest.
    Karlina likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Interesting questions -- trying to gage the ethical/moral temperment of the board?

Here's my take on it:
    Give you overage? Not intentionally - but maybe by 1cent here and there ....

Let you use shoppers personal coupon and a manufacturer coupon on the same item? Yes - Not a problem on this one .... we also have SOF in BC and their printable coupons allow you to use a manufacturer coupon and their in-store coupon - actually printed on the coupon (Target does the same) so why wouldn't SDM allow you to use their personalized and a manufacturer coupon?

Let you buy gift cards with personal offers, ie spend 60 get 10 off? Never tried - but may ask my store next time I get that offer;

if your coupon is limit one per person do they let you buy more than one in the same transaction? For personalized coupons I have found that they only work on one item in that transaction; I have printed a few offers 2 x and used in different transactions or on different days... if it's a manufacturer coupon and it's one per customer per transaction then I wouldn't use it (sometimes I have overlooked that specific wording as I find it odd wording - ie Buy Quaker Cereal get $1 off Yogurt was a one per customer - and I found it odd - usually I buy a couple yogurt and cereal at the same time )

I don't intentionally abuse the coupons that are sent to me from SDM but I do question them at times. For example - on my birthday I was sent the personal offer of Redeem 50k pts and get 15k back ... that same weekend their promo was Redeem 50k pts for $110 (bonus weekend) ..... I thought it wouldn't hurt to try it and ask .... I had the CSM at the till I went to - bought $110 - pulled out the coupon - she read it - said she was pretty sure it would work - I got the $110 worth of goods - waiting until the 14th of July to make sure I get the 15k pts back .... So essentially for 35,000 pts - $110 worth of goods ... word is still out on whether it works or not but definitely worth the try.

Before the personalized offers I probably shopped at SDM 1/mo - now I make it part of my weekend shopping - almost every weekend Sometimes there are items I "have" to buy and I know that I pay more for them at SDM than at other places but I refuse to drive all over the place to shop - just doesn't make sense to me
    Last edited by dahliagrower; Fri, Jun 27th, 2014 at 03:35 PM.
    sam786 and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfranco View Post

-
    I literally have seen cashiers who I don't think can read so you could probably get them to ring in anything if I am being honest.
    Not the story at the SDM that I go to - they are a combination of univ. students and women in their late 40-50's .... all EFL ... they may not all be coupon tolerant - in that there is so many different wordings and tiny print but they get the main points and expiry dates for sure.
    sam786 and jamesfranco like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    Not the story at the SDM that I go to - they are a combination of univ. students and women in their late 40-50's .... all EFL ... they may not all be coupon tolerant - in that there is so many different wordings and tiny print but they get the main points and expiry dates for sure.
    Mine definitely sounds a lot different than yours. One of the cashiers at mine, I told her I work with her boyfriend Kyle and she said "Kyle who?". And I was like "Your boyfriend Kyle Johnson" and she was like "That is my boyfriend's name". That is literally the most intelligent conversation I ever have had with her. I swear she was talking to my shopping cart one day, no joke.
    dahliagrower, sam786, web3 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesfranco View Post
    Mine definitely sounds a lot different than yours. One of the cashiers at mine, I told her I work with her boyfriend Kyle and she said "Kyle who?". And I was like "Your boyfriend Kyle Johnson" and she was like "That is my boyfriend's name". That is literally the most intelligent conversation I ever have had with her. I swear she was talking to my shopping cart one day, no joke.
    ok that's too funny ....

mine are actually pretty reasonable conversationalists ... the younger women (I think) like the idea of using coupons but the young guys just think it's a PITA (and I get that ) -- I have an 18 year old DS and I'm sure he would probably react the same way.....

I am still laughing from your post
    sam786 and jamesfranco like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

give you overage?
    Depends on the cashier, but never if it is more than the item with tax, usually if it is over by pennies or they can't be bothered to change it
    Yes, if it is points. I have fought them to use a personalized cents off coupon but I have a good relationship with my store and want to keep it that way so generally do not
    nope, the terms state not to be used on gift cards, they stick to policies
    if your coupon is limit one per person do they let you buy more than one in the same transaction?
    nope, they would probably let me do multiple transactions though, again, I tend not to try things like this

Quote Originally Posted by Big Grammy View Post
    If you can answer yes do you feel this is proper coupon etiquette or morally right based on their coupon policy?
    Perhaps many of us are misunderstanding their policies. Many of these recent brags and deals are very tempting and
    perhaps worth the drive to these locations.

I for one will be calling head office and the queen/kennedy and queen/chinguacousy stores to verify before I make the drive.
    Their coupon policy is fairly clear IMO, the recent brags go against the spirit of the policy even if it was allowed by the cashier or system and I imagine SDM will close some of these loopholes in the future. Calling HQ may speed this up. Although HQ generally have no clue, last time I called they told me that you could not use a coupon on a sale item so...

I should probably also mention for those who have not been around forever like some of us that SDM have closed cards in the past for misuse of Optimum. SC and other couponing sites have all been impacted by this, people go to the store to find their card has no points (and not just during the year where a member had their card numbers).
    annedougherty and DianneS like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not the regular Sdm customer,but the answer for the question 1 and question 4 is No.
    and that's my experience,others may have different.
    for manufacturer coupons Sdm is strict to guidelines but for their own Sdm coupons,every Sdm store treats differently.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post

Let you buy gift cards with personal offers, ie spend 60 get 10 off? Never tried - but may ask my store next time I get that offer;
    exactly doesn't hurt to see cashier for details.
    if they say yes I will do happy dance
    Cata likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

give you overage? Sometimes mostly if it's just a few cents
    let you use shoppers personal coupon and a manuf. coupon on the same item? yes, always.
    let you buy gift cards with personal offers, ie spend 60 get 10 off? never tried. I would be a bit embarrassed and nervous to try.
    if your coupon is limit one per person do they let you buy more than one in the same transaction? Don't know. I have never printed these personal coupons more than once and tried. It says on them "Once time offer only" I wish!

SDM with their offers and coupons and points is so touch and go. I remember the Cadbury points back with purchase that ended with more points received back than redeemed. I must have gained 8lbs from buying a dozen chocolate bars.

Also, I used to be able to redeem points and get back points with VIB coupons and just recently the system changed and won't allow it. Again, when personalized coupons started to come out it would apply to all similar items, now it's the first one. And then it seems to change each time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information