User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By wimbly11
  • 1 Post By wimbly11
  • 1 Post By Candini
  • 1 Post By Zonny
  • 1 Post By wimbly11

Thread: Resource for New Parents-Share Your Tips Here!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

As a first time mom to be I have a lot to learn about babies and everything and anything related!

SC is usually my first reference point for just about anything so I thought why not start a thread devoted to sharing tips and trick for new parents.

Share what you've learned, what you're wondering and any other tips of the trade that can help people like me
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Candini likes this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

The first thing I'm wondering is stocking up on diapers, wipes etc. How much did you buy beforehand? And what's considered a good price?
    Candini likes this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Wipes I would stock up on... because even if your baby isn`t good for them, they are great in the car, I use them for just about anything.
    Huggies wipes go on sale at no frills for $2 for those 64 count tubs. There are usually $1 coupons out and if you have snap saves on your iPhone they offer $1 cash back when you buy 2 of them. So free wipes.

Stocking up on diapers/wipes can be beneficial or it could be a huge PITA.... reason being your baby could be allergic to the brands you buy then you are stuck with all this stuff taking up room in your house. HOWEVER, if you are not in a rural town, Kijiji has worked wonders for me if you have left over diapers or you can always sell them to family. KEEP ALL RECEIPTS! That can help you a lot as well. I think toys r us takes stuff back unopened without a receipt and you get a balance back on a gift card

If you can get to SDM I think it's best to get the deals when diapers are 9.99 - 10.99 and get $3+ coupons. If you can get your paws on $10 coupons I would wait until the largest cases at WM go on sale for $34.XX. Or you could get cases from SDM as well when they are 19.99-21.00

Also sign up for Shoppers personal coupons, I have received $8 off pampers diapers any size. Print a few of those out and you get almost free diapers.. They have the VIB program too, sign up for that fast because I signed up too late and never received anything from them

Same with baby formula, be cautious about stocking up because your baby may not take to the formula.

I don`t know if companies still do this, But I remember sending a personal letter to most companies saying I`m expecting, it's my first child, any gratuitous offer would be greatly appreciated and they sent me a lot of free stuff, good coupons etc.. Sign up for nestle they send you a backpack+change pad with formula, bottles and coupons

Hope I didn`t bombard you with info :D
    emg likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

No this is fantastic info!! Does anyone judge diapers by cost/diaper to determine the best prices?

How long will wipes last before they dry out?
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

You can sell too small/not needed diapers on Facebook mom swaps no problem too so don't be scared to stock up!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

And I've heard kijiji is a great way to sell unused ones too. And that Walmart will let you exchange unopened packs for other sizes!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Don't open anything or remove the tags until you need it, never know when it won't work, won't fit, etc.! I had several showers, we had lots of clothes, which I washed and hung up for his arrival. When his 10.5 pound self made his appearance, much of the newborn stuff would not fit.

I made up DS's crib with a waterproof pad, crib sheet, then a second layer of the same thing. Mine was a spitty baby, always messing his bed with spew, sometimes diaper failure, etc. Nothing worse than having to change all that in the middle of the night. If you have two layers, peel off the messy one and voila! You have a clean bed underneath.

An easier way to give baby a bath - bring them in with you. We got in the habit of each evening (needed because he barfed so much and smelled!), I'd get in the tub while DH was with DS. When the water cooled, he'd strip him off and put him in with me, he'd get to float around with Mom while getting clean, then DH plucked him back out. And yes, poop did happen, but it was only once!

Don't be afraid to ask for help, especially with nursing if you're planning on trying. If it wasn't for my DH pushing me to go to the lactation consultant, I probably wouldn't have managed to get things going properly.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey there, looks like the topic is about material things but anyway I thought I'd share my favorite resource for early education: it's Preschool Palace.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Love the idea of two layers on the crib, great tip
    Natalka likes this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    No this is fantastic info!! Does anyone judge diapers by cost/diaper to determine the best prices?

How long will wipes last before they dry out?

You can do it per diaper per dollar, whatever you find effective. When DD was in diapers I usually did the $10 coupon deal with the biggest case from wal mart.

Wipes usually last quite a while, you will use A LOT of them so you shouldn`t have to worry about them drying

Thread Information