• 2 Post By ticul
  • 1 Post By grannynellie
  • 1 Post By scouponer
  • 1 Post By dahliagrower

Thread: August 1 20x WUS $50

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Surprised no one has posted this yet!

Email coupon: 20x the points when you spend $50 on almost anything in store on Friday, August 1st.
    Points awarded August 15th - so remember, you'll see a coupon code on your receipt around where the total is (if the coupon is scanned correctly), but you will NOT see the points on your actual receipt. Also, when you receive the points on August 15th, they will actually be 19x your base points, because the base points (which you receive when you pay that day) count as part of the 20x.

CURRENT FLYER ENDS THURSDAY - Some stores will still honour the sales prices, but there are just as many that won't.

http://images.email.shoppersoptimum..../images/se.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    dahliagrower, ticul, L-M and 3 others like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Surprised no one has posted this yet!

Email coupon: 20x the points when you spend $50 on almost anything in store on Friday, August 1st.
    Points awarded August 15th - so remember, you'll see a coupon code on your receipt around where the total is (if the coupon is scanned correctly), but you will NOT see the points on your actual receipt. Also, when you receive the points on August 15th, they will actually be 19x your base points, because the base points (which you receive when you pay that day) count as part of the 20x.

CURRENT FLYER ENDS THURSDAY - Some stores will still honour the sales prices, but there are just as many that won't.

http://images.email.shoppersoptimum..../images/se.pdf
    So I have a question, I went and purchased a camera today cost: $299.99 redeemed $170.00 got points on the amount I paid in: $166.44(after tax's) - so got 1290 points, if I had made this purchase tomorrow on the promo: spend $50.00 and get 20 x the points would this purchase have qualified for this?
    Thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Hi deals .... Yes - had to read your post twice ... but essentially if your OOP was $166 .... the before tax amount would have qualified for the 20x (base points of 1290- then the 20x pts would have been around 25800 pts) -- or worth around $50 at the higher redemption events ....

Which SDM did you purchase from? Some would probably make the adjustment in the store with tomorrow's coupon...
    ticul and grannynellie like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Deals4me View Post
    So I have a question, I went and purchased a camera today cost: $299.99 redeemed $170.00 got points on the amount I paid in: $166.44(after tax's) - so got 1290 points, if I had made this purchase tomorrow on the promo: spend $50.00 and get 20 x the points would this purchase have qualified for this?
    Thanks!
    Just to add to dahliagrower's answer (because they are correct) you have to make sure to PRINT the coupon from the link I posted in order to take part in the promotion.

You may already know that, but I've heard a lot of cashiers complain about customers who didn't understand that, and then got mad when they couldn't take part.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Just to add to dahliagrower's answer (because they are correct) you have to make sure to PRINT the coupon from the link I posted in order to take part in the promotion.

You may already know that, but I've heard a lot of cashiers complain about customers who didn't understand that, and then got mad when they couldn't take part.
    Thanks for both your answers, Dahliagrower, I bought it at the esquimalt location but that is not in my area went there because they seemed to have more variety, now if I take the printed coupon to uptown on Friday do you think they will honour it since it was purchased on the 31st?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Thank you for letting us know...............

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Thanks for both your answers, Dahliagrower, I bought it at the esquimalt location but that is not in my area went there because they seemed to have more variety, now if I take the printed coupon to uptown on Friday do you think they will honour it since it was purchased on the 31st?
    Best to phone and find out they will most likely need to do a refund and then repurchase. Has the price of the camera changed from yesterday to today?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dahliagrower View Post
    Best to phone and find out they will most likely need to do a refund and then repurchase. Has the price of the camera changed from yesterday to today?
    So I went back to esquimalt she refunded me the full amount on my debit card instead of the net from the redemption then repurchased the camera doing a $85.00 redemption so my out of pocket was $251.00 verses $161.00 - so I earned 2140 points and she applied the 20x coupon so did this work out better than the last transaction? I think so? Thanks for your input!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I went back to esquimalt she refunded me the full amount on my debit card instead of the net from the redemption then repurchased the camera doing a $85.00 redemption so my out of pocket was $251.00 verses $161.00 - so I earned 2140 points and she applied the 20x coupon so did this work out better than the last transaction? I think so? Thanks for your input!
    okay so first of all I am really really bad at math, but this is how I see it. You basically got the cameral for free. because you originally purchased the camera using $170 in points which they can't give back to you when you return something so they gave you the $170 on debit then allowed you to rebuy it using $85 in points. basically I think it is the only way to use 145,000 points on a single item. I hope you understand what I mean. so basically you only really paid $84 out of pocket for a $300 + tax camera. now you will end up with 42,800 points in total for transaction so if you spend these points at the highest redemption level, i think people say 500 points = $1 so the points are worth approx $85 so that takes care of your $85 that you paid out of pocket so really the camera works out to be free. hopefully someone else will look at what i have said to see if they agree with my math.

so while i think this works out in your favour, it is probably something you don't want to do very often ( buying using points returning and rebuying using more points and the cash you have given back from the return. they might catch wind of repeated transactions like this and our account. just my opinion of course.
    luckbealady likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

let's see if I've got this:
    Yesterday -
    Purchased item for $299 with
    redemption of 95000 pts for $170 in value
    299 - 170 = $129
    OOP was $129 (plus tax of $35)
    Pts acquired was 1290 or roughly a value of $3

Today -
    they refunded the full purchase so $299 (plus tax) so you could repurchase with a pts coupon:
    then
    Redeemed 50,000 pts for $85 of value
    299 - 85 = $214
    OOP $214 plus tax
    NET OOP $129 - $299 +$214 = $ 44 (btw the two purchases and the refund) + tax
    plus 42000 in pts for a value of $85 at a higher redemption level

So - YES - better deal today - OOP is only $44 (plus tax of $35) plus you get pts valued at $85 for a net benefit of $40 or so.

Morale is - anytime you are buying a higher value item - always get max pts from it
    luckbealady likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks

Thread Information