User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By super807
  • 2 Post By Frugalbigmama
  • 1 Post By super807

Thread: My Canadian Tire Money program-rolls out in October 2014

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just saw something that might make SCers want to check and see if they know about changes to existing loyalty programs at CT-they'll be rolled into the My Canadian Tire Money program.

Starting October 10th in Nova Scotia and October 28th in the rest of Canada, you can join the My Canadian Tire 'Money' program by simply downloading the Canadian Tire Mobile App to register in the program, visiting your Canadian Tire store or gas bar to pick up the My Canadian Tire card or by applying for a Canadian Tire Options® MasterCard®.

Note: Existing Canadian Tire 'Money' Advantage® members and Options MasterCard cardholders will automatically have their existing loyalty program changed to My Canadian Tire 'Money'.
    Options MasterCard cardmembers rewards program will automatically change.

Cardmembers can simply pay with their Options MasterCard to:
    Collect 10X e-Canadian Tire 'Money' every day at Canadian Tire stores, including on automotive service and Canadian Tire Home Services*.
    Collect 10X e-Canadian Tire 'Money' every day at Sport Chek®, Mark's® and PartSource®.
    Collect 2X e-Canadian Tire 'Money' everywhere else you shop*.
    Collect e-Canadian Tire 'Money' at participating Canadian Tire gas bar locations.**

* Canadian Tire Options MasterCard cardmembers collect e-Canadian Tire 'Money' at a rate that is 10X (or 2X as the case may be) the rate at which other members of the My Canadian Tire 'Money' program collect e-Canadian Tire 'Money' on purchases made by such other members at Canadian Tire stores (if those other members paid by cash, debit or a credit card not linked to this loyalty program). The offered rate is exclusive of any bonus or promotional offers or redemption transactions.

** Minimum fuel purchase may be required. Rate may vary by location. See local gas bar for details.
    Program information here:
    http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/my-can...9d6d785a5a5d61

I'll probably get the fob if it comes to the local store. Or just collect paper money as usual. Still, the app is handy for all of you that are tracking your points programs/other money with phones.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, PartSource, Sport Chek
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Thanks. Dh has the Options MC, and he hasn't seen this. Am not sure if it came with his last statement or not (he might have just discarded extra stuff in the envie).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

http://www.thestar.com/business/pers...y_program.html

I had missed seeing these advantages (for affliated stores of CT plus automotive services) of the new program:
    Customers who pay using cash or debit can continue to collect Canadian Tire paper money, at a rate of about .4 per cent of purchases. Beginning in October, they will be able to use the paper money to pay for automotive services.

Also beginning in October, customers who pay using the Canadian Tire Options Mastercard at Mark’s, Sport Chek, PartSource, L’Equipeur and on Canadian Tire Home Services will get ten times the rewards – four per cent of purchases.
    The new program launches Oct. 28th. It was first piloted in Nova Scotia.

Customers can join the e-money program by registering through the Canadian Tire Mobile App, and at canadiantire.ca.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Has anyone found any info about point value?

What I haven't been able to find on the website is how many points it will take to redeem for how many dollars. With the current system of the Options MC, it's dollars that are collected, not points, so it's easy to know how much. I think this will change, and I haven't seen them address it at all. Am a bit worried that the new value will be lower than the current systems. Dh has been stockpiling his points for a while (hoping to buy a snowblower) so would hate to lose value.

On the upside, CT has done several bonus type point events in the past month. Last Saturday, there was an offer for up to $50 back in points if you redeemed. Dh took advantage of that. There was also a flyer with bonus points (25x and 10x) attached to those items. Hopefully it means CT is stepping up the game on their loyalty program to be more competitive.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have a coupon right now Spend $40 at CT using my CT M/C get a $20 bonus on the card. Will be checking out the deals there for sure this weekend and plan to buy canning jars anyway so will go there.
    Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Cardholder agreement is dated October 2014 and regarding loyalty program, to see website (thanks, CT, how about a link...) for details. page 2, bottom left column in pdf. https://www.ctfs.com/Products/Credit...2014_jul16.pdf

https://www.ctfs.com/Products/Credit...onsMasterCard/
    1 In the form of Canadian Tire 'Money' On The Card® awards. Terms and conditions apply to earning and redeeming. Details available in-store or on the Canadian Tire 'Money' Rewards Program page. Options MasterCard customers in Nova Scotia participate in a different rewards program, please go to ctfs.com/ctm for more details.
    2 Provided it is a redeemable purchase and does not exceed your Canadian Tire ‘Money’ On The Card® awards balance.
    Gee thanks for making it easy to find (not).

https://www.ctfs.com/Products/Credit...TMoneyRewards/

Is the points program called this?
    Canadian Tire ‘Money’ Advantage Program
    See this link, as the program name is shown:
    https://www.ctfs.com/Products/Credit...s/CTMARewards/

There's a point per $ value table depending on where points are earned.
    Hope this is what you meant.
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Oct 3rd, 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Thanks for those links Ciel. According to the info in those links, points will be redeemable at rate of 100 points equals $1. The points will be earned at rate of 2 or 3 points per whole dollar, depending where card is used. This will be better than the current 1.3% he's getting, so this should be an improvement to the program.

But boy, CT sure didn't make it easy to find info.
    Angela273 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Awesome! One more money saving/earning app for my phone.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Changes to what you cannot use the e-money to buy in March:
    Dear Member:

We are writing to advise you of a change that will be made to the My Canadian Tire ‘Money’® Program. Effective March 6th, 2016, you will no longer be able to redeem your e-Canadian Tire ‘Money’® to purchase Canadian Tire gift cards. You will also not be able to redeem e-Canadian Tire ‘Money’ for gift cards issued by other merchants, pre-paid cards or other stored value cards. For a copy of the revised program rules, please visit http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/my-can...onditions.html.

Sincerely,

The My Canadian Tire ‘Money’ Program
    Check your e-mail accounts for the news.

Thread Information