User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By walkonby

Thread: Need suggestions on how to deal with Canada Post!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

For years we`ve had problems with Canada Post. All the street names in my section start with a `C`. But as far as i know, only our house number is the same as 4 Streets down. We both share the same house address but not the same street name. therein lies the problem. We get their mail and im positive they get ours. ive been many times to the local post office where our mail gets sorted to complain about the mix-ups. This has been going on for years (we bought our home here more than 30 years ago). Ive filed formal complaints with Canada Post over the years. Contacted the post office, spoke directly to the supervisor in charge of mail sorting and delivery, etc. And have been promised that the problem was solved. Well, guess again.

Today, i contacted our insurance company about a matter, and was told everything was settled and that a letter was mailed to us on Aug 12. We never received that letter. Im positive the other address received the letter and probably threw it away. Over the years, there has been mail that we never received. When we receive their mail, i bring it back to the post office. Ive had companies call me to ask if we moved because their mail to us has been returned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That we have moved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do i get across to Canada Post (especially my post office) that this is a major problem for us???????? And yes, the other address people should be good enough to return our mail to the post office but who knows what people will do. I need to get across to my post office for the hundredth time! Any suggestions?
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post, Guess

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is there a possibility of changing your home address number?

Might need to open a PO box.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

no possibility of changing home address and wedont want to rent a PO Box at the post office.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

email only
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 10:05 AM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Snow Flakey I am so shocked that with the new ( and costly ) Optical letter reading/sorting machines in place and the fact that the carriers do very little manual sortation anymore, that you can still be having this mis-delivery problem.
    These machines read each letter and it goes into a tray sequenced for your street alone. The carriers never see the letters until the tray comes to him all sorted and in order ready for delivery. They simply load that tray into the van and matches those letters up with any admail, magazines, parcels etc. that you may also get as he makes his way around each street.

I am at a loss for explanation unless maybe your area has not changed over to the new system yet? I was certain all areas were changed by now.
    Best of luck, so aggravating for you.
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Thread Information