User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree144Likes

Thread: Went to Buy Flannel Pajamas & Left with 2 Years Worth of Shampoo!!!

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I haven’t done a brag in a very, very long time. This past year has been a tough one! I had a sewer backup followed by a flood 6 months latter which totaled my basement and office. Both caused by City with absolutely no compensation the second round. Needless to say being a single gal with a 5 pound furball, I realized how important it was for me to have a stockpile to fall back on during hard times. It fueled me and kept me afloat financially for over year but now my stockpile is low! I was Telling WOB on the phone last week … you know things are bad when you start worrying you might run out of TP!!! lol

So I pulled out my coupon book. Uggh everything is expired. That’s ok. I can start again. I was with friends last night telling them this (they think I’m absolutely crazy because I coupon). Then they opened a bag and said, hey we were going to through this in the garbage but if you can use it take it. It was a $10.00 coupon for throw back October from Giant Tiger. I gratefully took it as I need flannel Pajamas for winter.

So today I skipped off to GT with a grin on my face clinching onto my “One and Only” non-expired coupon in hand. lol I found a really cute pair of flannel pajamas, very well made too and cashed out for $7.00 + tax. What happened afterwards was totally unexpected! I decided to look around as I hadn't been there in a year but found the clearance rack in the same spot as last year. When I got there I had to take a double and triple take and than almost fainted!!!

I am allergic to every shampoo out there, including Nexxus after 8 months of use, hence the reason why my entire Nexxus shampoo stockpile went to Xmas donations last year. The only shampoo I can use is RUSK period and it’s definitely not cheap and/or easy to find. I actually can only find it at one store downtown, which sells it for $21.00 for a 400ml bottle. I bought 2 bottles last month and literally cringed. I was SO frustrated I starting looking at eBay etc. No luck everything was over 20.00 with shipping!

Low and behold the GT clearance rack had the 1 liter of the exact RUSK shampoo and conditioner I use, marked down to 6.00!!! The shelf price was 24.00 marked down to 12.00 and the stock boy was ticketing them at 6.00 and putting them on the clearance rack!!! I walked out with 8-1 liter shampoos and 2-1 liter conditioners. These are almost 2/3 more than the 400ml bottles and 14.00 cheaper which is ABSOLUTELY INSANE!!! I figured it out and this should last me 24 months which should average to 2.50 a month for a for the next 2 years. That sure beats 21.00 a month for the next 2 years!!!

I’m SO elated right now! I think I did really good, considering my coupon binder was totally empty.
    It looks like I’m back in the saddle again folks. Any deals on TP in the future let me know!!! lol

Wishing You All a Very Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!!!
    Cheers Snow

Attached Images Attached Images        
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay, Giant Tiger

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Very touching story and nice deals. Hope you find fantastic deals on TP soon. Lol.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Awesome finds - the scottie jammies are so cute!

So sorry you had the sewer/flood issues - didn't your insurance cover anything?

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

welcome back to bragging you did awesome

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Awesome finds - the scottie jammies are so cute!

So sorry you had the sewer/flood issues - didn't your insurance cover anything?
    Nat it’s really complicated! Had a sewer backup Aug. 2013 caused by roots of a city tree blocking my main sewer line. It flooded my entire basement (which is my office) as I work from home. It collapsed all of my internal cast iron plumbing throughout the house in the tune of 8K to replace to ABS which was not covered. Then went through a 6 month demo/reno through the insurance company in the tune of 62K to fix the basement. I moved in week before Christmas. The City came back to install a liner in the main line in March to prevent the roots coming back and blocked my weeping tiles around the foundation that feed into my main sewer line. Idiots!!! Hence second massive flood in late April when the snow all melted and had nowhere to go. Now the insurance company says if I place another claim in they will cancel my policy and the City is refusing to pay for any damages. I just got the news 3 days ago and have been paying for everything out of my own pocket since April.
    walkonby, ssbean, ticul and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Cute pj! Awesome deal on the shampoos and conditioners.

Have you consult with a lawyer about the issue? If it's caused by The City maybe you can sue them?

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Great score on the rusk and adorable pj's. So sorry for all the problems.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh Snow in Summer, I am so sorry -still dealing with that, we are still dealing with that too..what a mess, 2 floods in 10 years and the city claims no responsibility at all. It is like living on a volcano that can erupt any time. So sorry you are going through this.

So happy for your shampoo find. Also you can tell who your friends are in time of need. Their gift turned into another gift..that is awesome.

I looked at your WL and I could not see anything on your profile, please share WL and I will send whatever I can to help start rebuilding your binder. Just PM me and I will help for certain, you helped so many people last year with posts and helping to complete donation bags with other members, you deserve to be helped and that is what we are here for, to help one another so put those comfy cute p-js on and a cup of tea/coffe/coco and start typing that wish list so we can start helping...

Thank you for sharing your brag and pics and as always your beautiful home background and tell your little five pound ball of fur that help is on the way, mommy has some good friends at Smartcanucks that will help her get back on her feet.

Take care little one and let me know...us know...

Happy Thanksgiving as well and things will get better!! you are not alone...

I

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Great haul on the Rusk hair products. Sorry to hear of the negative issues regarding your basement. Feel free to PM regarding coupons that you need( I have a stash though my trade list isn't updated). As for TP, T&T(GTA) location has Royale Velour 12pk for $3.99 & Fu Yao has the 16 pk Majesta tissue for $3.88. Not sure if you will be able to find these in your local Walmart but check it out if get a chance.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great find on the shampoo and the pjs are adorable.

Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Well, I wish you some luck now. That is enough and like it was mention, maybe a lawer would not be a bad idea. Thei can guide you. I sure wish you a vey Happy Thanksgiving................................

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

awesome brag! Couponing rocks, sorry to hear about your basement troubles.....too bad we couldn't coupon for drywall and contractors

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh Snow, I am so glad to see you back here, I know what you have been living with all this time, just insanity that the City washes their hands of responsibility and the insurance company " wants a divorce " if you put another claim in. You have still kept your sense of humour through all of this thank goodness. Your nice new flannel jammies should keep you warm this winter!! Talk to you soon.
    ROMEO, seylz_gurl, ssbean and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

awesome deal on the shampoo! sometimes winners carries RUSK shampoo and conditioner as well in case you need more!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that is so infuriating about insurance if you place a claim it either goes up or they want you gone. You might want to continue to pursue it with the city if they know you aren't going to let it go. hope they at least meet you halfway. The pjs are super cute. Great find on the shampoo it looks like salon quality!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information