User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jamesfranco
  • 3 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By Ciel

Thread: ONGOING-Truncated list of charities to donate SDM Optimum points to?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ok, I'm going to rant about the fact that for about 3 weeks, the list of organizations listed in the Donate Points tab for Optimum ends at Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. The usual list ran much longer and also showed at the end of the list, the organizations no longer participating in the donation program.

Earlier this week, I was able to log into my Optimum account-I had a problem two weeks ago doing so because the computer error message was that my account did not exist (x3 attempts). Should have realized it was a server problem on the host end.

Last night, I wanted to donate my SDM Optimum points. The field with the organizations' names appears near the bottom of my screen. Saw that the list still stops at CBCF! Right now, I am using sibling's computer and the organizations still don't run to the end of the original list!

Can anyone explain if they know why the list of organizations has been truncated? Data file dump or something?

Only 70 pts but the organization I want to donate to is in the E's. Thanks.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Feb 7th, 2015 at 04:29 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe it is because of the Gala Makeup thing (if that is for CBCF too)? That is really odd for them to do that.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I don't recall the list of organizations being shortened for such a long time before. It must be a file mishap. I sent tweets to SDM. I cannot DM them as their account does not follow me.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tonight, I went into the Optimum Account to donate points from today's little shop and the prior one. Yahoo-the full organizational list is RESTORED!

*Resolved*-I was able to donate to my charity tonight. Will tweet thanks to Shoppers!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

*FYI* the Optimum list of organizations to donate your points to is seemingly shortened again. The list stops at Dispensaire dietetitque de Mtl.

I'm assuming this weekend glitch thing must be relating to some kind of system issue or the flyer price changes on Friday or other IT matter. Maybe by Monday, all organizations will be back on the list again.
    BC Gal likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night, the list of organizations was back in entirety. Recommend if you are doing points donations, to do them during the week as Friday-Monday seem to have an impact on accessing the list.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There was another two week spell in which the list of organizations was shortened to the D's again. Popped into the Donation tab-both fields (organization, amount) are back.
    There are two things about the list, though:

Elizabeth Fry Society & The Elizabeth Fry Society come up as an E and a T. Are they the same one or different local chapters?

Also at the bottom of the list-the 5 YMCAs and the Yele Haiti group used to be under a ZZZ do not use header-the header is missing today.

I had some points so was glad to send them to an organization. Should I get a birthday bonus points offer, I plan to split the points between a few organizations.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Monday to Friday this week-truncated list of organizations ending in the As. Could not donate points to the organizations in other parts of the missing list.

Just now, I was able to see the entire list and donate my points. What gives with the weeklong downtime on the organization list? I'm thinking IT cutbacks. This is no longer a Friday-Sunday weekend issue and it's recurring.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Amazing-this is the first weekend that the donation list is actually working in full mode in how many weeks! Was able to donate my bonus points!

Thread Information