• 6 Post By bargain_hunter_lola
  • 7 Post By ticul
  • 2 Post By oscarandme
  • 3 Post By SunandMoon
  • 3 Post By terry2144

Thread: a "Giving Small" brag..

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I was fortunate enough to come in contact with a lovely member a few months ago when I was seeking some Alcan Foil coupons and she kindly contacted me that she had some. Well after a few PMs - I realized how much of a gem this member was, beautiful, kindhearted, generous and a we shared several same interests.

In the last few months as well another new member (which I will leave her name out for my brag) and I started to exchange PMs and thoughtful and generous and sweet but having the worst of experiences in trying to claim her coupons. Following the rules, store guidelines and doing everything right (even carrying the policies) and lots of personal stuff going on and still trying to save and learn while doing everything right and I hope she doesn't mind me writing this but has gotten into it(couponing) a few times but never stuck to it as she wrote it. All of us have gone through those learning curves and I will tell you, without the hand-holding I received from my friends at SC, my SC-mommy (sheetsofemptycanvas) and the countless questions I asked and I must say broken-pride-scars..I would never be the couponer I am today...

Fast forward last week, I was just so broken-hearted that this little member was getting the coupon door slammed shut and thought I am in Ottawa, she is out west and I can only write but it's not the same as someone that can help in her area, knowing the stores they have there, what -where to go, or even shadow behind her when she presents coupons to see how to handle the situation...well as soon as a explained my plea, the day after, I get a sweet and thoughtful reply, without hesitation offering to help this unknown member as much as her and her lovely bestee as they can. So I just coordinated a few things and bam..they are in contact.

Now it was kind of a weird situation and I soooooooooooooooooooo appreciate "The Member" trusting me in looking for a mentor in her area and "Giving Small" for stepping-up and taking on this incredible leap of generosity. Smartcanucks surprises me atleast a few times a week, I just received a PM from a lovely member checking-in on me to see why I am not posting as much, checking-in, I am receiving lovely Christmas Cards and lovely surprises from accross the country, making new friends, catching-up with old ones on SC I have made come 2 years actually tomorow the 12th if I'm not mistaken. When people ask me in line at the cashes-how can I learn, where do I go? I proudly say Smartcanucks. I explain that it is like a bunch of family members holding hands and teaching you as you go by readding, asking questions and creative sibblings willing to help if you are willing to learn and you don't just learn how to save money, that after a while is just one of the many benefits.

So thank you "GivingSmall" for the being an awesome member and offering to help our little friend to finally master our passion in saving and for this to become a life skill that she will have with her for the rest of her life as well.

And thank you for the creators of this site and again, I sound like an old broken record but I sincerely mean it every time I write this: you have changed my family, our lives in so many ways, I can never, ever, ever express my gratitude enough. You all occupy a very special place in my husband and my heart and our little furry angels and I miss you all if I don't get a chance to visit the site atleast once a day.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and Wishing everyone the very best for the holiday.

From my family to yours!!!!

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by oscarandme; Thu, Dec 11th, 2014 at 12:26 PM.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

What a touching post and it's so nice to see you doing so well! Even after being away for as long as I was it was like coming home when I returned We are more than a community of couponers... we are a family and that's what I take away from SC!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Excellent brag!

These are truly the best kind of brags to read! I love hearing how SC help each other out and act in a kind thoughtful manner!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, that is a beautiful brag. Oscarandme she is like an Angel for people and I know lots of other members that are too. No question ask she is always there to help and never, never ask for something in return. Thank you for sharring such a awesome brag with lots of gratitude..............................

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

We are lucky to have found each other on Smartcanucks and it's like coming home like my "adopted SC mommy said" and by the way thanks to Bargain_Hunter_Lola making my newbie Mommy match-up possible too. And wecome back too sheets!!!!
    Shwa Girl and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

What a wonderful post.
    Shwa Girl, ticul and oscarandme like this.

Thread Information