User Tag List

Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By torontogal12
  • 6 Post By wolfwoman
  • 3 Post By padyofurniture
  • 2 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By terry2144
  • 1 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: Why do people keep smashing my parents' parked car??

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My parents have to park their car on the street in front of the house because if they leave it in the garage, people break into the garage.

This year it's been like $5K in damage. Broken into twice. Now, a guy rear ended their (parked) car.

My parents are seniors, they don't have a ton of money to pay higher premiums for other people's screwups!
    This thread is currently associated with: Garage
    ticul and terry2144 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm sorry to hear that. People are dicks, it's as plain as that.
    Check out Calgary's worst driver on YouTube.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to hear that. In our area, it's mainly bored teens that are causing trouble. My car had been broken into twice and luckily my SUV hasn't been touched so far (where's some wood to knock on?). Hopefully someone can give you a really good idea to try and curb this unwanted attention and accidents/vandalism.
    Ciel, ticul and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That's terrible, torontogal12! Any money that your folks are out of pocket means something else is cut back as a result (or going without). It's probably the same persons targeting your parents and others in the area.

Have the police been of any help in telling you if others in their neighbourhood are also going through break-ins?
    ticul and torontogal12 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's horrible. Pretty bad they can't even use their own garage. I heard on the radio about teens getting caught slashing tires for kicks....so glad they got caught. The courts need to come down hard on them..not their parents. They need to have to pay personally!
    GoddessDigi and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My friend had an empty lap top bag in the back of his seat..no laptop in it .. someone broke the back window to still , the bag. They probably thought there was a laptop in it.

This was in a broad day light on a a busy street.

They literally shattered the back window
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Time to move! I know, its easier said then done.

I feel bad too because if they have something like I do with the disappearing deductible it is only good if you are claims free for something like 5 years, and that includes ANY claims. I was quite PO'd when I found this out because in 2013 I had a claim where my vehicle was a write off, completely at fault of the other driver yet I have to suffer now because if I ever get in a collision anytime soon and it is 50/50 or my fault I then have to pay a deductible which I completely disagree with.

As a little added fact we moved in November from a very rural area to a very heavely populated city where we live right downtown in the thick of it and both vehicle policys did not go up. In fact our property insurance actually went down - single dwelling house on 1 acre land to a 4th floor apartment building. How does that make sense?
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

They will never move. They've lived there for 40 years. The neighbourhood is fine, it's just something about this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleBunny89 View Post
    Time to move! I know, its easier said then done.

I feel bad too because if they have something like I do with the disappearing deductible it is only good if you are claims free for something like 5 years, and that includes ANY claims. I was quite PO'd when I found this out because in 2013 I had a claim where my vehicle was a write off, completely at fault of the other driver yet I have to suffer now because if I ever get in a collision anytime soon and it is 50/50 or my fault I then have to pay a deductible which I completely disagree with.

As a little added fact we moved in November from a very rural area to a very heavely populated city where we live right downtown in the thick of it and both vehicle policys did not go up. In fact our property insurance actually went down - single dwelling house on 1 acre land to a 4th floor apartment building. How does that make sense?
    insurance.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Thread Information