User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Love my SDM

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Like many SCers, I love SDM, cause their Optimum program rocks!

I don't just love the program though, I love my SDM location:
    • the store is always well stocked,
    • the staff are super friendly and helpful
    • staff also coupon friendly and often admire the great deals I am getting
    • the management is great (both the store manager and the pharmacist owner).

I went in Saturday morning for the Spend Your Points event with my list, cause lots of my regular staples were on sale for best prices (usually grocery shop at RCSS and YIG, so know prices of PC and NN products well).

As usual, as I was roaming the store, I was asked several times by different staff and the manager if I needed any help. At one point, went to the cosmetics lady to ask her about some fragrances. They had many perfumes on for $19.99, stuff they don't usually carry, so they didn't have testers. Was trying to pick one out for my step daughter. Asked her to describe them for me, which she did, plus she knew of some that had open packages, so had me smell the lids. Then she looked at my full cart, asked me if I was redeeming (yes) and offered to check me out at cosmetics counter cause they could do everything, and they even have plastic bags. That was really nice of her, but I wasn't quite done shopping.

So a few minutes later, as I am standing in front of the Lindt Easter chocolate aisle, the manager sees me, and asks what I want (eggs, bunnies, etc.). I told him wasn't fussy. He then points out to me the items that they never sell, and that he knows he will be reducing a couple of days before Easter. He tells me the price they will be, and offers me the chance to buy at those prices now.

I took him up on his offer. I got this box of Lindt gold bunnies, currently priced at $21 for $5! It's 250 g, and better value than the 300g bag of eggs I was going to buy for $8.99. And it looks far more fancy and special than the bag of eggs. It's for my step daughter. Even though she's 20, she still wants something special for Easter. I'm pretty sure this will fit the bill

So I'm pretty happy with my shop. Redeemed 50K points, which got me $100 worth of stuff, including Easter chocolate at day-after-Easter prices, but in time to give for Easter. And other than the perfume which is a gift, everything I bought was items that was on our need list, nothing was a filler to get to total. Gotta love free stuff and great service.

Name:  Gold Bunnies.JPG
Views: 756
Size:  38.4 KBName:  SDM redemption 2.JPG
Views: 749
Size:  30.3 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: Independent, Pharmaprix, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Shoppers Drug Mart, Staples
    Grey, dagney, Tweets77 and 20 others like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

That's fantastic!
    ticul and super807 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

wow!! so jealous of the nice staff of ur store!!
    ticul and super807 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow I like my SDM but yours is awesome! How nice!
    ticul, super807 and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I just shout...'you got to be kidding me?' Lucky! Congrats...I am dying to wait for April and have hidden my $20 so I can spend them on choc after sale hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    Like many SCers, I love SDM, cause their Optimum program rocks!

I don't just love the program though, I love my SDM location:
    • the store is always well stocked,
    • the staff are super friendly and helpful
    • staff also coupon friendly and often admire the great deals I am getting
    • the management is great (both the store manager and the pharmacist owner).

I went in Saturday morning for the Spend Your Points event with my list, cause lots of my regular staples were on sale for best prices (usually grocery shop at RCSS and YIG, so know prices of PC and NN products well).

As usual, as I was roaming the store, I was asked several times by different staff and the manager if I needed any help. At one point, went to the cosmetics lady to ask her about some fragrances. They had many perfumes on for $19.99, stuff they don't usually carry, so they didn't have testers. Was trying to pick one out for my step daughter. Asked her to describe them for me, which she did, plus she knew of some that had open packages, so had me smell the lids. Then she looked at my full cart, asked me if I was redeeming (yes) and offered to check me out at cosmetics counter cause they could do everything, and they even have plastic bags. That was really nice of her, but I wasn't quite done shopping.

So a few minutes later, as I am standing in front of the Lindt Easter chocolate aisle, the manager sees me, and asks what I want (eggs, bunnies, etc.). I told him wasn't fussy. He then points out to me the items that they never sell, and that he knows he will be reducing a couple of days before Easter. He tells me the price they will be, and offers me the chance to buy at those prices now.

I took him up on his offer. I got this box of Lindt gold bunnies, currently priced at $21 for $5! It's 250 g, and better value than the 300g bag of eggs I was going to buy for $8.99. And it looks far more fancy and special than the bag of eggs. It's for my step daughter. Even though she's 20, she still wants something special for Easter. I'm pretty sure this will fit the bill

So I'm pretty happy with my shop. Redeemed 50K points, which got me $100 worth of stuff, including Easter chocolate at day-after-Easter prices, but in time to give for Easter. And other than the perfume which is a gift, everything I bought was items that was on our need list, nothing was a filler to get to total. Gotta love free stuff and great service.

Name:  Gold Bunnies.JPG
Views: 756
Size:  38.4 KBName:  SDM redemption 2.JPG
Views: 749
Size:  30.3 KB
    ticul, super807 and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Amazing, I saw those last night while shopping, but could not bring myself to spend that kind of money on something that will last like 30 seconds in my house.
    ticul, super807, kimijeen and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, lucky to have a SDM like this one. Well done and thank you for sharing...........................
    super807 and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Wow, your store sounds amazing! I'm definitely a little bit jealous!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Super awesome redemption!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow so nice to have great customer service for sure -and you got awesome deals too on your redemption

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It sure pays to support one store so they get to know you... My shoppers is also very friendly and I never have had a problem with coupons. Great shop....

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I think I also love your SDM!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

What location is this?
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I love my SDM too but I have never been offered a deal like that way before the clearance prices go up! You are very lucky! And you will look like a superstar when you hand out Easter gifts!
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Amazing, I saw those last night while shopping, but could not bring myself to spend that kind of money on something that will last like 30 seconds in my house.
    I know, the price is ridiculous, isn't it?
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information