User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: READ THE DAMN COUPON RIGHT, thanks.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilsmithy View Post
    I wasn't price matching, buying it at the actual Giant Tiger. Would that even change anything?
    As torontoga12l said, some SCs have then told the cashier to cancel the deal and that they would go elsewhere where there money is appreciated. I have even gone as far as telling the cashier calmly, that I will go elsewhere and if customers are not happy here, sales go down and the cashier's hours may be affected. Sometimes, when I find a favourite cashier who is coupon savvy, I will go back to the same store when they are working and line up in my favourite cashier's line
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sat, Jun 6th, 2015 at 06:11 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

This is why I love all the new coupons apps like co51 and snapp...less hassle really!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I know i should have done that, but in the moment i decided not to because I already had it out with the cashier and my boyfried was with me. I didnt want him to have to deal with it. I will be going back to complain though (with an email from cashmere maybe) and at this point it is not even about the 2$.

That sucks!! I also have a few stores i will no longer be purchasing from, Maxi and Walmart are always there to price match
    Well I am happy to help them but for some, free sound impossible!

WOW! She had nerve!! I don't get why they're so anti-coupon, if they're going to be like that then don't accept coupons in the first place. Saves us a lot of time and frustration. Sometimes its just a ty cashier though that isn't trained right I guess! :/ did you end up buying both things btw?
    Nope I wish; I did end up buying one because mom was there and it was detergent [lol mom loves laundry detergent] so she told cashier to call supervisor and supervisor okayed it for both items, and then she still would not accept item on my cleansing cloth p.s. I was trying to use the $5 coupon that I got on awesome trade to purchase the cleansing cloth so I gave up. I really really really hate arguing and usually let go!
    Quote Originally Posted by cookoo View Post
    I've had the same problem at one particular store. The cashier refused my legit coupons, even scoffed:"You want to get this for $1?" Then outright rejected my every attempt. Fine with me! I picked up a copy of their flyer and price-matched at Walmart. They're just super jealous because they don't know how to save like we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    Arvilish....it is because some cashiers don't seem to want anyone get a good/great deal. Simply put....jealousy.
    I know! But its not like its a competition, anyone can come and join couponing. There is not restriction so this is something I don't get it.
    toronto166 and lilsmithy like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Safeway tried that with me. I had a FPC that I used in conjunction with a BOGO sale. They said no, I said fine. Left it all at counter. Walked a few feet away, called head office and the crap hit the fan. I went home and went back in the next day. All the items I had left the day before were all bagged up for me waiting at CS. They learned " don't poke the Dragon"
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

last time i had that was new young casheir i demanded they call manager over if they refuesed id make a stink untill one came over then i would aslo be getting head offices number i hope u do call because these stores all emplyees should do a training thing on them i know we had to when coupons came in so every emplye can get on board i have handed a couple cashiers the definishions i keep in my binders hehe

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Face palm
    Last edited by wolfwoman; Sun, Jun 7th, 2015 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Wrong thread
    toronto166 likes this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

It is such a pain. I can't even remember what the drama was about but I think I cut back on couponing a long time ago because of a bad GT experience. Luckily, I've gotten back into it recently and so far the cashiers have been great. Sorry to hear about your troubles OP, hopefully it was just that particular cashier.

Some cashiers act as if they're giving you the discount themselves. -_-

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had a cart full of food and they wouldn't take one of my coupons so I said fine, "I don't want anything", and left.. Now go and pay someone to put it all back...they should have taken my $1.00 coupon!!that was a long time ago and I usually have good cashiers..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    I know! But its not like its a competition, anyone can come and join couponing. There is not restriction so this is something I don't get it.
    It's hard to understand unless you're in their shoes... Many people still can't afford internet and/or printer at home... so go figure, that limits their access to coupons and free samples. Super super jealousy makes them ruin it for everyone who coupons. I wish people like that could be more constructive.
    toronto166 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

There the right thread:

I forgot to mention, Cashier scratch off $5 on my coupon with pen and wrote a big 3.99 on my coupon and then refused to accept so I waste one coupon since it looks like it is redeemed...I had to tear and throw the coupon! ARRRR #CrazySuperstore

Waste of my precious coupon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookoo View Post
    It's hard to understand unless you're in their shoes... Many people still can't afford internet and/or printer at home... so go figure, that limits their access to coupons and free samples. Super super jealousy makes them ruin it for everyone who coupons. I wish people like that could be more constructive.
    Ya but you know some local library can let you use computers as well give limited amount of printing. I guess it is very hard to understand their motives especially when we know human nature is so complicated. I guess its just the way people act!

I don't really mind much when they refuse, I actually just go to another store or another cashier...roll-the-dice strategy... which store is next!!!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I wasn't price matching, buying it at the actual Giant Tiger. Would that even change anything?
    Sometimes, misinformed cashiers see the price match as "another offer" when the coupon says it cannot be combined with another offer. They don't seem to understand that you could have just gone to the other store in the first place and used the coupon. In that case, it wouldn't be price matching in the true sense of the word if you're only getting one discount.

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Did you try asking for the store manager? A supervisor or store manager on the spot is more likely to help than a phonecall later.

That happens to me at Rexall all the time and I don't even bother going there anymore. They don't seem to understand that coupons are reimbursed by manufacturers and sales are reduced by the store
    The Rexall near me will not accept coupons on sale items, so they lost a sale on three items. In the clearance section, they even put up a sign that said no coupons on clearance items. I rarely go there and I notice their milk is always near expiry. It must be the pharmacy that is keeping them afloat.

I called head office who informed the store how to use coupons. The manager told me that she let all her staff know and to come in for a $10 GC.

It used to happen to me at Wholesale. I highly doubt that people are that dumb. They just do not want you to use coupons. Today I got Sunlight for $6 [super cheap I know] and used $3 and cashier did not want to use the coupon and she said 'you are already getting it for just $6". Then she did not want to use $5 coupon on Cetaphill because 'I cannot do that because you will get that for free'. Can you believe she said that!...hmmm are they pisshed offf???

Why are people so evil!
    I don't understand that about cashiers. Some of them seem to have a magic number in their heads as to what the product is worth and you should be happy with that.

I also have a few stores i will no longer be purchasing from, Maxi and Walmart are always there to price match
    Walmart told me just a few days ago that I couldn't use a coupon because it was more than the item purchased. Walmart drives me nuts!!

I forgot to mention, Cashier scratch off $5 on my coupon with pen and wrote a big 3.99 on my coupon and then refused to accept so I waste one coupon since it looks like it is redeemed...I had to tear and throw the coupon! ARRRR #CrazySuperstore

Waste of my precious coupon!
    That happened to me once. I asked for the coupon back and went to a different line and told her that the other cashier wrote on it. It was accepted with no issues since she knew how to use coupons.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Wed, Jun 10th, 2015 at 01:29 PM.
    Arvilish likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Shoot should have done that! My $5 coupon!!! I threw it
    Ew Rexall, I have never been there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information