User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: I got a Kitchenaid Artisan for...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

$25!!

Some of you already know I got a Classic from Zellers a few years ago with the 50% off coupon and have been totally in love with it ever since. Today I got my Artisan. It's silver, which is my second choice in color (Black was my first, which is the color of my Classic). I paid $20 for it from a facebook buy and sell group because there's a spring issue that causes it to not stay off or use the stir speed, everything up from that works. My dad and I will take a whack at it tonight and see if we can correct that (if anyone has advice, fire away!). If not, it's fabulous regardless.

Then to complete the set, a few months ago my mom bought an Artisan bowl, whisk, flat beater and dough hook PLUS a pour shield from a lady at a garage sale for FIVE dollars!

So I now have 2 complete Kitchenaid stand mixers One will stay with my mom when I move out. I also have 2 extra wire beaters now, one that I got with this Artisan and one I paid 50c for at a garage sale.

Let the insane holiday baking BEGIN.

Name:  20150929_185124.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  47.2 KB

Here's an awful, grainy photo because I can't hold a phone still for the life of me But I shined 'em both up and they looked so beautiful together.
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers, Garage, Spring Shoes
    Last edited by Chantel; Wed, Sep 30th, 2015 at 12:51 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, great find - lucky you!

Yeah, I'm jealous.... a KA stand mixer has been on my wishlist for decades.
    GoJays, Chantel, ticul and 3 others like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You'll love it! Had my Artisan for 6 years now and I don't even want to imagine how many batches of goodies it's made!
    Chantel, ticul, wolfwoman and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I've never owned a KA, but I have heard all you ladies raving about them in here! Congrats Chantel on that incredible price! Have fun mixing and baking.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

Wow, neat how your purchases line up!
    Chantel, ticul, wolfwoman and 1 others like this.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow that is a steal of a deal and I'm sure you will have no problem fixing it. We SCs are a crafty bunch Way to go! (so jealous!)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

And it's alive! All it took was removing the back cover and tightening ONE screw. My dad wanted to take the whole thing apart and was adamant that it wasn't that, but I said from the start it was one screw. He's a little sheepish at the moment I'm learning to follow my gut on things

The lever is a little springy compared to my Classic, so maybe there is a deeper problem, but it's fixed for right now

Thank you for the likes and reps

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Awesome! I love my KitchenAid stand mixer (I have the sold-at-Costco model?) It is awesome what a little tinkering can get you! I'm so glad you were able to get it working so easy Enjoy it! I'd love to see your holiday baking pictures
    Last edited by beckie.c; Tue, Sep 29th, 2015 at 10:05 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought mine thru the kitchenaid site - refurbished. Professional edition for around $300. No tax and no shipping as I picked it up from my cousin's house in Wisconsin. Brought back to Saskatchewan on the plane. A few nicks from the luggage handlers loading luggage but still treasure this work horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow awesome deal -I don't own one but my daughter does and she uses it quite a lot

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Lucky you!I'm thinking of purchasing one but do not know difference between classic and artisan

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Chantel, ticul, toronto166 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by morningrose View Post
    Lucky you!I'm thinking of purchasing one but do not know difference between classic and artisan

Here's a chart!

http://blog.kitchenaid.ca/everything...d-stand-mixer/

The main differences between Classic and Artisan are in watts and capacity, but I can use bowls and attachments interchangeably between the two. So it comes down to wattage and color, as the Artisan has way more color choices than the Classic (which comes only in black or white),

Then there's the bowl-lift designs which have even higher wattage motors and larger capacities. Bowl lift is often better for people who have low cabinets as they can sit on your counter and there's no moving head so you don't ever have to move it out to use it.

You should watch The Shopping Channel, they show great examples of what they can do. If you watch an Artisan show and a Bowl Lift show, you'll be able to see the big differences between the two designs. The Classic is really just a cheaper, slightly less powerful version of the Artisan with less color choices. If you're just an average person who bakes average stuff you'll be fine with just the Classic if color doesn't matter too much.

IMO if you're going for a Classic, buy one used off Kijiji. You can often get a better deal that way, I see more of those than Artisans. If you want to upgrade in the future, you can sell the Classic and put the money towards an Artisan. They don't really lose their value, is the great thing! One you buy today will be identical to one purchased 5 years ago or 5 years in the future.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Thanks for detailed explanation and for your time and patience. I would do average baking like one loaf of cake like that for a week ,do I would go for classic in kijiji until I feel excel in baking.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You're very welcome! I should add some rock-bottom prices I've seen for Classics and Artisans then, so you know what price range you're looking for for Kijiji. A lot of people ask close to retail sale price because I guess they paid regular price (doh, why?! Kitchenaids are one of those things you NEVER buy when they're not on sale) when they bought it. Also something to consider is that an Artisan comes with a pour shield, and a handled bowl. Classics come with a bowl with no handle and no pour shield (which costs $25-29 to buy separately) so factor those things in.

The lowest I've seen a Classic in recent years is $199 (regularly on sale for this), and the lowest I've seen an Artisan in-store is about $349. You might find one down to $299 on clearance.

I'm on your local Kijiji and I do see a new-in-box Artisan for $250, which is not a bad deal, and one in Mississauga for $175 and another there for $200.

I see lots of classics with people asking $175 or $200 but as you can see by the sale price I mentioned above, you're only really saving the taxes and maximum $25 from retail if you buy one at that price! Shop around and be choosy, there will always be multiple available, so don't rush thinking you'll miss out. Wait for your deal!

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Yes Chantel ,I saw it.
    Last week I even thought of buying Sunbeam one in Walmart for $100 then I thought let me wait for kitchen aid as it seems to be most popular one.Now I saw in YouTube that pizza dough,naan dough ,roti dough ( which I need everyday)can be made using hook ,so I can buy the Artisan one if price is reasonable like $250.I may be getting it if it is available as it is brand new in box,black one I like.If this is not available too I will wait for right time.

Now I am sticking to buy Kitchen aid !
    THANKS!
    Last edited by morningrose; Wed, Sep 30th, 2015 at 08:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information