User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By Silk
  • 2 Post By dededi
  • 1 Post By Silk
  • 2 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By Silk
  • 1 Post By Lynn49

Thread: ‘You will not have my hatred' - Paris victim’s husband writes letter to her killers

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Antoine Leiris, whose wife Hélène Muyal was killed at the Bataclan concert hall, posted a letter to her killers on FB.

Here’s an English translation of the letter, which has been printed by numerous newspapers. I can’t read it or think about it without being moved to tears...

(Below it I’ll post the original letter in French from his FB page.)

“You will not have my hatred”
    Friday night, you took an exceptional life - the love of my life, the mother of my son - but you will not have my hatred. I don't know who you are and I don't want to know, you are dead souls. If this God, for whom you kill blindly, made us in his image, every bullet in the body of my wife would have been one more wound in his heart.

So, no, I will not grant you the gift of my hatred. You're asking for it, but responding to hatred with anger is falling victim to the same ignorance that has made you what you are. You want me to be scared, to view my countrymen with mistrust, to sacrifice my liberty for my security. You lost.

I saw her this morning. Finally, after nights and days of waiting. She was just as beautiful as when she left on Friday night, just as beautiful as when I fell hopelessly in love over 12 years ago. Of course I am devastated by this pain, I give you this little victory, but the pain will be short-lived. I know that she will be with us every day and that we will find ourselves again in this paradise of free love to which you have no access.

We are just two, my son and me, but we are stronger than all the armies in the world. I don't have any more time to devote to you, I have to join Melvil who is waking up from his nap. He is barely 17-months-old. He will eat his meals as usual, and then we are going to play as usual, and for his whole life this little boy will threaten you by being happy and free. Because no, you will not have his hatred either.

The original letter in French from Antoine Leiris’ FB page:

“Vous n’aurez pas ma haine”
    Vendredi soir vous avez volé la vie d’un être d’exception, l’amour de ma vie, la mère de mon fils mais vous n’aurez pas ma haine. Je ne sais pas qui vous êtes et je ne veux pas le savoir, vous êtes des âmes mortes. Si ce Dieu pour lequel vous tuez aveuglément nous a fait à son image, chaque balle dans le corps de ma femme aura été une blessure dans son coeur.

Alors non je ne vous ferai pas ce cadeau de vous haïr. Vous l’avez bien cherché pourtant mais répondre à la haine par la colère ce serait céder à la même ignorance qui a fait de vous ce que vous êtes. Vous voulez que j’ai peur, que je regarde mes concitoyens avec un oeil méfiant, que je sacrifie ma liberté pour la sécurité. Perdu. Même joueur joue encore.

Je l’ai vue ce matin. Enfin, après des nuits et des jours d’attente. Elle était aussi belle que lorsqu’elle est partie ce vendredi soir, aussi belle que lorsque j’en suis tombé éperdument amoureux il y a plus de 12 ans. Bien sûr je suis dévasté par le chagrin, je vous concède cette petite victoire, mais elle sera de courte durée. Je sais qu’elle nous accompagnera chaque jour et que nous nous retrouverons dans ce paradis des âmes libres auquel vous n’aurez jamais accès.

Nous sommes deux, mon fils et moi, mais nous sommes plus fort que toutes les armées du monde. Je n’ai d’ailleurs pas plus de temps à vous consacrer, je dois rejoindre Melvil qui se réveille de sa sieste. Il a 17 mois à peine, il va manger son goûter comme tous les jours, puis nous allons jouer comme tous les jours et toute sa vie ce petit garçon vous fera l’affront d’être heureux et libre. Car non, vous n’aurez pas sa haine non plus.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Silk; Thu, Nov 19th, 2015 at 06:45 AM.
    Lynn49, walkonby and dededi like this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for posting that, so very sad.
    Silk and Lynn49 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

You're welcome, dededi. Thank you for reading - yes, so very sad...

Silk
    dededi likes this.
    Have a great life!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

what an amazing person to look past all of this and still see his future and his son's future as being a happy and free one! Thank you for posting.
    Silk and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

You're welcome, Walks. I agree - an amazing person and such a powerful letter.

Silk
    walkonby likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's unfortunate that a letter like that even has to be written, bless his heart; we must rid ourselves of this plague!
    Silk likes this.

Thread Information