User Tag List

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49
Like Tree3103Likes

Thread: Dear 2016: I promise to do better this year! To get healthier! Let the games begin!!!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Pretty good here, last couple months almost no pop or added sugar. Maybe a few cans of pop here or there. When I say a few I literally mean 3-4 cans in 2 months. Pretty much pain free as far as gout goes.
    Newfiescreech and Angela273 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Pretty good here, last couple months almost no pop or added sugar. Maybe a few cans of pop here or there. When I say a few I literally mean 3-4 cans in 2 months. Pretty much pain free as far as gout goes.
    That's great to hear cabmonk. Thanks for the update.

I have been sick for 2.5wks already, with two different illnesses. I just started a new antibiotic. All three of our young children fell ill with with bronchitis, tonsillitis, or both. It had been 2yrs since our oldest had required a prescription, this was the first time that our 15 month old twins required a prescription. We haven't been cooking as well at home, which is hard on the budget. I'm hoping to feel a lot better by the weekend.
    Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hope it doesn't last long. Geez everyone sick all at once.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Kinda caved and bought a 6 pack of coke today. Haven't touched any yet. Just a good price for $2.00 to have in fridge. That's like a 12 pack case of cans for $2.00. I just need to be careful with it and have like 1 a week or so.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Hope it doesn't last long. Geez everyone sick all at once.
    Yeah, it's not fun. Dh has been trying not to get sick, we'll just have to wait and see if he manages to dodge these bugs.
    Newfiescreech and cabmonk like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

We're short staffed at work. One day I went to work and sounded like crap. Boss was like, you better not be getting sick lol. He said it laughing though.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I vow to return once again after Groundhog Day.....I won't kid myself about Christmas and the family birthdays all bunched together until then......lets face it cake will be eaten!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

My biggest thing for Christmas is making sure I don't have too many coolers or pop.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'll probably weigh myself at the doctor's office tomorrow morning when I go to get test results after being very sick last week without a diagnosis.
    I measured around my waist at my belly button and I have lost another 1.25" in the last 3 months. I currently have two favourite pairs of jeans that fit me pretty nicely, but still require a belt. A pair of jeans that I bought months ago are now so loose that it is impossible to wear them without a belt or else they would fall off.

edit: We are in the middle of a blizzard, highways are closed, and busses are cancelled, so I cancelled that doctor's appointment. The three test results were all negative, so there wasn't much of a point in keeping the appointment. I'll check my weight some other time.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Dec 6th, 2016 at 07:14 AM.
    walkonby likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Bragging on behalf of my dad. He has type 2 diabetes. He stopped eating all bread a few weeks ago and started eating less. He makes his own multigrain hot cereal for breakfast and eats it with a banana. He told me his current weight and he weighs less than he has in 10yrs. He wants to continue to lose weight and his newest small goal is to weigh what he did at an important event in 1994, which he is only 12lbs away from. Dad said he has to snug up the drawstring on his sweatpants. Way to go dad! As of this year he has 9 grandchildren.
    walkonby likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A friend just called because he needs to stop by later. He was offering to buy a Sunday for me from DQ or something from Tim's. I asked that he stop by the grocery store and pick up some fresh green grapes for our family instead. He thought that it was an interesting suggestion, but agreed to bring us some expensive green grapes later this afternoon. I'll have to keep this in mind when he suggests an expensive unhealthy treat on the future...I might get some free healthy food for our family. This is all the more interesting because this friend has type 2 diabetes.

I don't do New Years resolutions, but I know that a lot of other people choose to. Please don't hide from this thread. It is boring here without you!
    walkonby likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ Congrats to your father Angela!! It can be so very tough to change, or to even START again, over and over once we have fallen back into poor eating habits. I loved the suggestion you gave your friend to grab green grapes instead of sugary donuts, that was such fast thinking on your part!!
    At some point in early 2017 I will have to face the music and get back at this.
    Angela273 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ^^ Congrats to your father Angela!! It can be so very tough to change, or to even START again, over and over once we have fallen back into poor eating habits. I loved the suggestion you gave your friend to grab green grapes instead of sugary donuts, that was such fast thinking on your part!!
    At some point in early 2017 I will have to face the music and get back at this.
    I saw my dad on the weekend and I can really tell that he has lost weight.
    I'm glad to see you post, even if you are struggling right now. I'm eating a variety of high and low calorie foods. I'm also still nursing our 17 month old twins. I've never been one to count calories, but the grapes were certainly a good idea. The store didn't have green grapes, so he got some regular purple grapes. I don't complain about free produce. Our twins had some with their supper.
    walkonby likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I bought a digital glass scale from Canadian Tire today for $11.99. We only had a traditional scale, so I'm happy with this purchase. I weighed the whole family. I now know how much Dh weighs. I hadn't weighed myself since mid October at the doctor's office. I weigh 6lbs less now. I try not to compare weights between scales just because one could be off. My BMI is now 24.7! I guess I need to switch to toning. Babies do things to your stomach.... I weigh what I did in high school over a decade ago. Dh could afford to lose some weight, but he's addicted to 7-Eleven slurpees.
    quy likes this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49

Thread Information