User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Decaf
  • 1 Post By francine1985

Thread: Toysrus.com international shipping checkout attempt

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

So I wanted to make an order on toysrus.com for some items (they are eligible for international shipping) that aren't available around here but would cost way more to order from Amazon.ca or Amazon.com. I started the order on my tablet but got an error message that you can't checkout on a tablet. I then decided to try the Google Chrome app on my tablet (just in case) and made sure it was set to the full internet setting, no luck of course. So I tried the wiiu Internet and I was able to get further along the checkout process before getting a new error message that you need a flash player to checkout...

why would any company (especially such a big company) require a flash player to shop/checkout on their website. So many people these days are getting rid of computers and replacing them with tablets, smarter phones, smart tvs, and video game systems with Internet access... Most of which do not have flash players.
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Toys R Us
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

They lost out on the sale since dh bought my items from another website for 12$ more. But still cheaper than ordering from Amazon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

If you buy it from .com instead of .ca, you may get hit with custom/duty/tax.
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    If you buy it from .com instead of .ca, you may get hit with custom/duty/tax.
    I know about duties/taxes, we order a decent amount from the U.S. (Ninja turtles toys are released here several months after they are there. Dh and both kids love ninja turtles)... .ca didn't have the items I wanted at all but .com did. Amazon.ca only had one of the items I wanted at a huge 3rd party markup that didn't even include shipping, which was also overpriced. Amazon.com had different 3rd party sellers selling the items at a more reasonable price but they weren't fulfilled through Amazon so no combined shipping discount. eBay was overpriced as well. Toysrus.com was the best option but dh ended up buying from another toy company's website using my tablet.
    Decaf likes this.

Thread Information