User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Do your job, Mr. Handyman! Shame on you.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

It's hard to get good service. Even from a national company with offices in the US too.Not too happy with Mr. Handyman Whitby-Oshawa. They can SECURE a job and can MAKE appointments. Just not great at DOING the actual work. They are good at CANCELLING your scheduled work day (and you take a day off work for them), but not good at RESCHEDULING. Guess our job was not big enough for them – not enough $$ in their pocket. Shame. On. You. Shame!

On the positive side, we have an appointment with another national company.

This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, May 4th, 2016 at 07:46 AM.
    walkonby, dededi and Davetherave like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh the cancelling they do when you've already arranged to take the day off work! Very unprofessional of them. I hope you have better luck with the other company you call.
    Shwa Girl and Davetherave like this.

babies teach us acceptance

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is dispicable! Hope you put it on facebook so that everyone you know can share! Guessing they don't consider that customer service. Companies count on us to get angry and then get over it. I say call them on it and expose the behavior! They don't deserve anyones business if they can't honour the agreement!
    Last edited by Nina1; Wed, May 4th, 2016 at 10:04 AM. Reason: adding comments
    Shwa Girl, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh the cancelling they do when you've already arranged to take the day off work! Very unprofessional of them. I hope you have better luck with the other company you call.
    Friend recommended the other big company. We also have a Plan C ready.

I thought the Seinfeld episode was funny- you can take the reservation, but you can't keep the car. When it actually came true, wasn't as funny.
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Wed, May 4th, 2016 at 10:18 AM.
    Ciel, walkonby and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nina1 View Post
    That is dispicable! Hope you put it on facebook so that everyone you know can share! Guessing they don't consider that customer service. Companies count on us to get angry and then get over it. I say call them on it and expose the behavior! They don't deserve anyones business if they can't honour the agreement!
    If we were o.k. climbing on the roof we would. Having a good company with the right equipment to safely go on the roof is important.

Also, we save the money then do the work. Rinse and repeat.
    The company that works well for us, will get more business and more money.
    This was a test job.
    They failed the test.
    F- grade
    Ciel and electric_viking like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

If you were NOT home. They would have probably charged you a fee ! Its OK to waste your time, but not theirs !

Some cable and telephone companies charge you, if you are a No show for the scheduled appointment, but if its the other way around they don't care

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    If you were NOT home. They would have probably charged you a fee ! Its OK to waste your time, but not theirs !

Some cable and telephone companies charge you, if you are a No show for the scheduled appointment, but if its the other way around they don't care
    True. They probably would have wanted to charge.

Another positive update-- two guys going door to door doing home renos. Well, the company they are representing is the same company our friends in Ajax used a few years ago. Our friends in Ajax were very, very happy with the work. The neighbours of theirs in Ajax, both sides, also used the same company. So, now there is a Plan D.

Good when a rant gets a solution, eh?
    Ciel and Durham Couponer like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

We also just got a handyman loot us in the amount of $30 for fixing out unclogged kitchen sink, except he did NOT do the work. He said, 'I will be right back to pick more tools' but 'can I have partial money?' and never picked up phone. What a crazy bro that he gave him money! At least he did not give that as full money.

Kijijijijiji!

Gosh! All the psychopaths exist in Saskatoon.
    Ciel, tjthemanto, dededi and 1 others like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think the weirdest experience I have ever had with a handy person is when we bought a place and soon after the ovens operator panel was saying there was errors and wouldn't work. So I called a place and told the person the error code and he told me no problem it would be 500 to replace the board (to replace the oven would be at minimal 1200).

A few days later he shows up with the new board and proceeded to replace the old one. Turns the oven back on and the same problem.

He then told me I would have to pay restocking on the board as the place he bought the board from is going to charge him as he opened the box it came in. Needless to say but I told him that was never going to happen.

The thing I find the most strange is that he took the board from the oven as well as then new one without me noticing, It doesn't matter anyways as after that incident my wife and myself decided to bite the bullet and buy a new one
    Last edited by Thatdone; Wed, May 4th, 2016 at 05:26 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Lot of them are not even licensed and insured ( WSIB) or even trained properly. Plus most of it is cash, so they avoid taxes too !

Huge underground, unlicensed, unregulated , untrained and uninsured industry costing everyone, when it comes to construction, home renovation and handy man stuff !

there is almost a 50-50 chance that you will get a good or bad guy, you might as well flip a coin !
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and Arvilish like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Last time we needed and electrician we could not even get someone to come out. Everyone we called said the job was too small and not worth their time.

My issue was my thermostat went and smelt like it was burning. No matter what we did we could not run the rad off it just keep going up and up and up and the thermostat on the wall was hot to the touch and smelt like burnt plastic. When we did finally get someone out here when they took the thermostat off the wall it was black inside.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yeah, I hate to get handyman to do any house work, so when my things break down, I do research my self by looking online or finding info from books from library and try to come up with ways I can fix it myself before hiring one of them. Or even asking and paying my neighour is better.

And you know what you can actually do alot of the things yourself. I never thought I could change a wall socket before, but you know what I did it all by myself after switch the power off, and looked it around.
    Last edited by freefreefree; Wed, May 4th, 2016 at 08:54 PM.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by freefreefree View Post
    yeah, I hate to get handyman to do any house work, so when my things break down, I do research my self by looking online or finding info from books from library and try to come up with ways I can fix it myself before hiring one of them. Or even asking and paying my neighour is better.

And you know what you can actually do alot of the things yourself. I never thought I could change a wall socket before, but you know what I did it all by myself after switch the power off, and looked it around.
    I am married to a handy man, a contractor by trade. But it is amazing what one can learn. I fixed the fridge- took it apart- checked for the leak, found a problem with the overflow, and had it back together by the time he "got around to it" that night. Didn't need parts. Thank you YouTube!

My next chore is installing trough covers! I will pay someone only when it truly is out of our capabilities.
    Last edited by matty's mom; Wed, May 4th, 2016 at 09:20 PM.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow, they need to tell you at least the day before if they aren't showing up!

^yes, I fixed my dryer using you tube and a part I bought online. love the trades people who do those videos.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    wow, they need to tell you at least the day before if they aren't showing up!

^yes, I fixed my dryer using you tube and a part I bought online. love the trades people who do those videos.
    Ciel and Thatdone like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information