User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Do your job, Mr. Handyman! Shame on you.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Did Plan D. The 4th guy was A+.
    The roof job was going to be today, but we got hail out here. Lots of hail.

This guy's attitude was awesome. Comes highly recommended and thinks outside the box. Will try to find a way to reduced costs on any job he does but does it well. We saw that, this week. He's also well connected in Durham Region so he knows which guys have the best prices and which small mom and pop supplier will give the best deal.

Gold!
    matty's mom likes this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

We have and are in the midst of a renovation gone horribly wrong.

This person did work at my inlaws which looked good, he did work for her friend and was super happy.

However, he has been working here for 2.5 weeks and we are finding things that are wrong and need to be fixed.

He was only responsible for installing the drywall with my help, mudding, sanding & painting, installed 1 window AND that's it....

He is scheduled to come tomorrow to pickup his tools, however, I left him a voice mail today, saying that he needs to do some drywall repairs, re-install a light switch box AND the best part the "elephant in the room" the big bow in the brand new drywall wall.

We made 2 rooms into 1 master suite, we've waited a long time and saved up so that we could pay and not have to borrow from the loc, etc. Anyways we (dh, fil, the boys and I) gutted both rooms, put new insulation, strapping on the walls, framed a wall to save some $.

Well bozo showed up 2.5 weeks ago and has been told along the way to fix things we were not happy with.

So let's just say we will see what happens tomorrow and if he will fix the problems or walk away like a coward.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Last time we needed and electrician we could not even get someone to come out. Everyone we called said the job was too small and not worth their time.

My issue was my thermostat went and smelt like it was burning. No matter what we did we could not run the rad off it just keep going up and up and up and the thermostat on the wall was hot to the touch and smelt like burnt plastic. When we did finally get someone out here when they took the thermostat off the wall it was black inside.
    It's OK to call the fire department in a situation like this, too. It could be a fire behind the wall, so better safe than sorry. That must have been an awful experience!
    Shwa Girl and SassyAshley like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    If we were o.k. climbing on the roof we would. Having a good company with the right equipment to safely go on the roof is important.

Also, we save the money then do the work. Rinse and repeat.
    The company that works well for us, will get more business and more money.
    This was a test job.
    They failed the test.
    F- grade
    Make sure you request to see their WSIB certificate. And if they are not using all the safety procedures, get rid of them. They need to be wearing fall arrest devices. Remember, if they get injured on your property, you may be responsible as you didn't ensure they were following all the rules.

On a different note, did you hear that Oshawa is the top City in Canada right now for jobs? Go figure.
    http://www.citynews.ca/2016/05/10/os...ork-in-canada/
    I can't profess to understand God's plan. Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Friend recommended the other big company. We also have a Plan C ready.

I thought the Seinfeld episode was funny- you can take the reservation, but you can't keep the car. When it actually came true, wasn't as funny.
    Sorry this happened to you, but I do love Seinfeld and I have referenced that episode many times!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    ^yes, I fixed my dryer using you tube and a part I bought online. love the trades people who do those videos.
    Same here. Fixed my parents dryer with the help of my brother. Now the dishwasher is acting up. I've looked on youtube but think that a new one is in order rather than repair (guesswork) what we believe to be the problem.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information