User Tag List

Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By tjthemanto
  • 3 Post By paylessgetmore
  • 1 Post By ishyx0x
  • 1 Post By momi
  • 4 Post By nalaric
  • 3 Post By super807

Thread: Good Personalised Offers expiry 1 day ! Crappy Offers expiry 1 week !

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I am getting lot of good personalised offers but they expire or last for 1 day only .

all the crappy offers last for the whole week

For example : A few good ones below with 1 day expiry

20X points WUS $ 30 , starts tomorrow and expires tomorrow . Was going to pickup some Vaseline bottles with $ 3 coupons and CO51 .

3,000 points WUS $ 10 on candies and snacks. Starts today and expires today !

8,000 points WUS $ 30, started yesterday and expired yesterday.

So not only they are for 1 day, they are on different days of the week. Ofcourse some can't be combined together, but still.

Not making 7 visits on 7 different days to redeem 7 different offers and wasting my time ! Plus there is no guarantee on that day, the stuff I need will be in stock .

Crappy offers like 200 points WUB some expensive Vitamin last for a week.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

3,000 points WUS $ 10 on candies and snacks. Starts today and expires today !

8,000 points WUS $ 30, started yesterday and expired yesterday.

At least your one-day offer is better than mine ... haven't seen these 2 types in my account for quite a while ... come on SDM

both of my one-day & weekly offer are bad ... I am only earning points from pamper wipes .... thanks CO51
    amira84, Davetherave and illa like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

yes i noticed that also !
    suckx.. not making more then 1 visit to sdm per week..

other then when i need to get pamper wipes w/t 2000 points!!
    !! lolz !
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

These smaller offers are going downhill day by day.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah I do agree with you..
    I live across the street so I go every other day to cash out my deals,so some times I go in the morning after dropping kids to school,sometimes in the afternoon or sometimes after dinner...I go for a walk so I go to SDM.
    But in case if I live far away it's not worth.
    dededi likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It really doesn't bother me that the great offers are one day only. At least there are still some great offers!!! Even my personal offers were good this week. I've been getting 15x on 4L milk, or $1 off milk. I also got 1500 on pampers, and 15x of Aveeno, which I used. They may not be as good of offers as a couple years ago, but there is still a lot to be thankful for! I've done 9 top redemptions this year so far (and have enough pts for 5 more). (I shop for 4 families, so easy to rack up lots of pts!) By far the best rewards program out there! Just gotta be willing to shop on certain days
    Valerey, agarla, momi and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I've had good week long offers recently, as well as crappy week long offers. I get good one day only offers and crappy day only offers.

Personally, I am glad SDM added the M-W-F only offers last year. Before that, only had the week long offers (one big wus offer, plus the six small offers). Now I also get three big wus offers during the week, which are sometimes better than my week long offer.

Every couple of months, like this past weekend, SDM does a weekend long big wus offer instead of a week long one. That's fine by me.

Yesterday I used my weekend long 20x wus $40, as well as my week long 500 pts on bread, and 15x pts on milk. Spent less than $40 oop and earned 11K+ points.

Even though the offers don't always seem as great as they used to be, with the sheer number of offers I get in a week, I still find Optimum to be a very rewarding program. Way more ROI than any other program available in Canada.

Three or so years ago, the only offers available were the flyer offers (one 20x wus $50 per month, and one 18.5 K wus $75 per month). Then they added personalized coupons. Then they added M-W-F offers. Some offers are worth less than past offers, but overall, still easily accumulating points worth 50 to 65% of my oop.

In general, I do one big shop at SDM per month, with the occasional small (under $10) shop either for sheer convenience (closest place for bread and milk) or for good points rewards.
    nalaric, momi and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I haven't gotten anything other than the regular one week offers. They haven't been wonderful lately, but it's always interesting to see what they offer each week.

Thread Information