User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Have a Banana Daily Beast Master's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Years ago I had a camping goods store and I can remember a person wanting to return a tent at the end of the summer...some stupid reason like they don't like it...they only had it for 3 months!
    When I said a simple no, they immediately said that whenever they bought a tent at places like Sears they could always return it at the end of the summer.
    I could not resist it, I told them that Sears can provide "free tent rentals" for the summer but I won't.
    They said something like that they will shop at Sears in the future then, and I told them, sarcastically, I am quite sure Sears will be thrilled to have you type of business back.
    Please vote daily for my ferret site.
    http://1award.co.uk/addvote.php?vote=3368

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Beast Master View Post
    Years ago I had a camping goods store and I can remember a person wanting to return a tent at the end of the summer...some stupid reason like they don't like it...they only had it for 3 months!
    When I said a simple no, they immediately said that whenever they bought a tent at places like Sears they could always return it at the end of the summer.
    I could not resist it, I told them that Sears can provide "free tent rentals" for the summer but I won't.
    They said something like that they will shop at Sears in the future then, and I told them, sarcastically, I am quite sure Sears will be thrilled to have you type of business back.
    i cant believe someone would even do that though! they deserved your sarcasm, and more!

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

homeofhappycats
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast Master View Post
    Good for you! I wish more people were like you. I hate to see simpering sales clerks, but most of them have no choice, if they do the right thing they will get fired. At least when it is your own business you can do the right thing. I feel very sorry for people who have to deal with the public.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by homeofhappycats View Post
    I feel very sorry for people who have to deal with the public.
    most customers are fantastic.. but the bad ones, are usually real bad!~

Please take a second to follow my brand new blog:
    Belinda's Babblings

I've been away for quite some time so I apologize if I repost a contest by accident! Feel free to message me and let me know if I've done this and I'll delete it : )

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

99.99999999% of the time customers are wrong! at our town hospital they have a sign in the waiting room that says something like we have the right to be treated with respect as basic human decensey etc and i want to take it to work with me they should have this everywhere i might get a shirt made along the same lines

eri
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i think there is a big difference between how the customer/clerk treat each other (ie with respect) and how a company (overall) treats their clientele...i do think they should be curteous with respect to their products and they should stand behind them (or their service in the case of non-material purchases)

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

i hate to be the one to say it but -- there are some companies that run and well -- i have no idea how they manage to stay afloat with the ty service they provide.. I;ve worked many years (until going back to school) in A/r and cms -- the amount of times I had to deal with a rogers account (wireless) where service was turned off for no reason -- where people were then billed reconnect fees -- other agents who said they would do something and never did etc.. unreal.. The fact of the matter is that friendly, calm and helpful are part of the job description -- if you work for a company that regularly pisses it's customers off by creating issues -- then don't be surprised that you may have someone irate who swears at you.. That is part of knowing what you are doing and being professional -- imagine telling someone who is mad because they are out of town and can't use their phone through no fault of their own that you are going to hang up on them??? Seriously,, that is unreal. If you work in CMS and only want to deal with happy customers -- you are in the wrong line of work..

-Lisa

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLisaBoBisa View Post
    i hate to be the one to say it but -- there are some companies that run and well -- i have no idea how they manage to stay afloat with the ty service they provide.. I;ve worked many years (until going back to school) in A/r and cms -- the amount of times I had to deal with a rogers account (wireless) where service was turned off for no reason -- where people were then billed reconnect fees -- other agents who said they would do something and never did etc.. unreal.. The fact of the matter is that friendly, calm and helpful are part of the job description -- if you work for a company that regularly pisses it's customers off by creating issues -- then don't be surprised that you may have someone irate who swears at you.. That is part of knowing what you are doing and being professional -- imagine telling someone who is mad because they are out of town and can't use their phone through no fault of their own that you are going to hang up on them??? Seriously,, that is unreal. If you work in CMS and only want to deal with happy customers -- you are in the wrong line of work..

-Lisa
    couldn't have said this better myself, after a recent experince with trying to return an item i purchased that had something wrong with it, returned it with my orignal receipt a few days later, and was treated like SH*T by the CSR there, who was very ignorant, and told me the company would tell him to go screw himself, wow, and this same guy was such a jerk to my friend he made her cry , i wasn't so happy about them not accepting the return, under the 90 day return policy or even reparing it for me under the warranty that was provided thru their store. I was in no way rude, until he was ignorant towards me then i got firm with him, i felt like telling him if he expects he can be rude as a CSR in a postion HE APPLIED For willingy he shouldn't have applied for that postion, i know CSR take alot of S*HT, alot of uncalled for things by people who are just plain idiots, but when someone honest and sensible tries to make an honest retrn and such to get treated like that, Goes to show, that that person should not be working there. There's a huge difference in being rude and ignorant for all the right reasons, and all the wrong reasons, and sometims you get idiot CSR's as well as they get idiot customers. And when they do get idot customers i highly agree 110% to give it to them as good as they gave it to you, to a certian extent. But some people!!!!!

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

I worked at a Zellers for a bit, at customer service/returns...and I remember this one guy brought back sandals that he'd obviously worn all summer, they had his footprints embedded into the actual sandal. They were dirty and disgusting. He said he didn't like them because they weren't comfortable. When it was obvious he'd worn them ALL the time. I at first said no, it was quite obvious that he'd word them for quite some time (it was NOT a case of he wore them once and decided he didn't like them, it was like he waited until the very last day of the return and decided to return them and probably buy another pair). But as per my manager, because he had the receipt and was within the time frame for returns, we had to take them back. How friggin gross. This kind of thing is probably why they tightened their return policy!
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

kirilova
    but everyone shouldn't be punished because of morons!

homeofhappycats
    ISPs are always nightmares to deal with, especially Bell. I have two ISPs so that if one breaks down the other one is there as a backup. I work from home so it is worth paying double.

homeofhappycats
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    I worked at a Zellers for a bit, at customer service/returns...and I remember this one guy brought back sandals that he'd obviously worn all summer, they had his footprints embedded into the actual sandal. They were dirty and disgusting. He said he didn't like them because they weren't comfortable. When it was obvious he'd worn them ALL the time. I at first said no, it was quite obvious that he'd word them for quite some time (it was NOT a case of he wore them once and decided he didn't like them, it was like he waited until the very last day of the return and decided to return them and probably buy another pair). But as per my manager, because he had the receipt and was within the time frame for returns, we had to take them back. How friggin gross. This kind of thing is probably why they tightened their return policy!
    Maybe it was the same guy with the tent!

Trading Score
    57 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by homeofhappycats View Post
    Maybe it was the same guy with the tent!

HAHAHA wouldn't surprise me at all
    Can't say enough good things about Swagbucks & iRazoo ...Click the link to join too

Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Maple View Post

Harkatsmom is right, be nice to your bankers because they take a lot of unwarranted abuse. That is the most stressful place I've ever worked, we used to take turns sitting in empty offices and crying - men included.
    Gee, we must have worked at the same bank! I agree 100% it is the most stressful job I've ever had. Once upon a time you could walk into a bank hand over your bankbook and withdraw money no questions asked. Nowadays with all the fraud going on bank employees have to be extra cautious of identify the person and the item (cheques, cash, etc) or they get in MAJOR trouble. Wow does this get people upset if you ask for ID! But how would you feel if you lost your bankbook in the parking lot and someone came in and withdrew all your money because a bank employee failed to identify the person. You of course would get your money back but not after a thorough investigation which could take weeks. Who wants to wait for that? Its common sense why they ask for ID. If you are refused a cheque being cashed, it comes with good reason as well. This will ALWAYS be explained to you why you are denied or your cheque is being held. Its the law. If it is not explained to you ask for a manager. I've had my fair share of "customers who think they are right" and yes sometimes they are, most times they are just not educated on the policy. Regardless of the problem I must admit I will do everything possible to correct the situation for the customer to above their satisfaction (reverse fees, give Tim Horton's gift certificates, etc.) IF they approach me nicely, BUT if they come at me swearing and yelling I'm not going to be as helpful.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ex0ticb3lla View Post
    Zellers use to also have *not sure if they still have it* have a policy on kids footwear, etc, if you wore it out before you out grew it, you could return it for the the identical item, or one of equal value, i saw so many people do this, especially shoes, that were woren out and chalked in mud good for anyones kid who is hard on footwear and stuff i guess? but i wouldnt have guts enough to do it lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information